Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Central at Prestonsburg 10/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Knott County Central (2-6)
Aug 18, 23 Jenkins away (W) 55 - 8 
Aug 25, 23 Jackson County away (L) 22 - 59 
Sep 1, 23 Lynn Camp away (L) 12 - 28 
Sep 8, 23 Betsy Layne home (L) 22 - 50 
Sep 15, 23 Phelps home (W) 51 - 6 
Sep 22, 23 Morgan County away (L) 34 - 50  Sorghum Bowl 
Sep 29, 23 Floyd Central home (L) 20 - 36 
Oct 13, 23 Martin County home (L) 6 - 42

Prestonsburg (4-4)
Aug 18, 23 Leslie County home (W) 30 - 21
Aug 26, 23 East Ridge at Pikeville (W) 26 - 6 Pike County Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Paintsville away (L) 38 - 40 
Sep 8, 23 Lewis County home (W) 42 - 28 
Sep 15, 23 Pike County Central away (W) 13 - 7 
Sep 22, 23 Betsy Layne away (L) 14 - 33 
Sep 29, 23 Martin County away (L) 0 - 44 
Oct 13, 23 Floyd Central away (L) 28 - 43

Recent History
Nov 14, 2008 Prestonsburg 55 Knott County Central 8 2008 Class 2A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 6, 2009 Prestonsburg 56 Knott County Central 8 2009 Class 2A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 5, 2010 Prestonsburg 66 Knott County Central 0 2010 Class 2A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
Pburg in a close one
Nothing close about this one. P-Burg wins 35-12
PBurg better not lose this one……….
Pburg loses this one there’s major troubles
P burg
I agree with you guys, I don't think Prestonsburg can lose this one. They have more talent than Knott and more speed.

It'll be really nice to have a football game back in the Burg again. The Blackcats haven't played a home game since September 8th. That's crazy!!!

I think Prestonsburg's offense has figured out a lot of it's issues over the bye week. They had a lot of success against Floyd Central moving the football, but they shot themselves in the foot a lot too with turnovers and penalties. I'd like to see them establish a vertical passing game that isn't just throw it up and hope for the best. Defenses have been loading up the box and leaving the middle of the field WIDE OPEN most of the season and Prestonsburg rarely ever throws over the middle unless it's a screen. Slants, skinny posts, cross, mesh, waggle, etc is there and I think it would open things up a ton if they're able to connect on some of those routes. The Wildcat formation with Alex Harris running a read option with Dalton Elliott was very productive. I'm not sure about throwing from that formation, but it worked in situations when you needed a first down. Gotta be able to keep Rose healthy and feed him the rock as well.

Defensively, Prestonsburg has been decent against the pass, okay against the runs between tackle, but they've been horrendous defending the runs off tackle. I liked that they moved Harris more inside against Floyd Central. May have to move a few more around the increase the overall speed of the defense because some of the LB'ers are struggling running to the football.

It's going to be senior night, the Blackcats have a lot to play for still, especially with that "P" on their helmet. I think they get it done and win at home in convincing fashion... 40-18.
I hope P-Burg can pull this one out and see very few scenarios where they don't. That being said, if they do drop this one.. oh dear.
Ilk take knot close 28-27
Will be an absolute bloodbath.