Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cats Pause
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing rankings out there. 

Post what you have as far as team and player rankings.
I haven’t seen a magazine but I hear they are on the shelves in some stores.
Does anyone know the 14th region girls and boys teams and players ratings. I think they’re always done for the Catspause by a sportswriter from Harlan County. He bases them on the coaches ratings if I’m not mistaken. In the old days this took the form of sending out questionnaires to the coaches for their ratings but with today’s internet I’m sure it’s made his job much easier.
I have it, what are ya looking for?
(10-17-2023, 11:15 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: [ -> ]I have it, what are ya looking for?
14th region
16th.
14TH Teams
1. Perry Central
2. Breathitt Co.
3. Knott Central
4. Hazard
5. Letcher Central
6. Powell Co.
7. Estill Co.
8. Wolfe Co.
9. Leslie Co.
10. Owsley Co.

14th Players
1. Austin Sperry, Breathitt
2. Jayden Huff, Knott Central
3. Seth Caudill, Hazard
4. Kizer Slone, PCC
5. Rydge Beverly, PCC
6. Trayten Woods, PCC
7. Evan Eversole, Hazard
8. Hunter Haddiz, Knott Central
9 Jack Rose, Powell Co.
10. Peyton Dixon, Letcher Central

16th Teams
1. Boyd Co.
2. Fleming Co.
3. Ashland
4. Morgan Co.
5. Rowan Co.
6. East Carter
7. Lewis Co.
8. Racland
9. Russell
10. Menifee Co

Players
1. Zander Carter, Ashland
2. Jacob Spurlock, Boyd Co.
3. Jason Ellis, Boyd Co.
4. Gatlin Griffith, Morgan Co.
5. Brevon Ricker, Menifee Co.
6. Cole Hicks, Boyd Co.
7. Seth Hickerson, Fleming Co.
8. Colby Wilburn, Rowan Co.
9. Drew Noble, Lewis Co.
10. Caleb Rimmer, Russell
who the 13th
13th Teams
1. Harlan Co.
2. Corbin
3. Clay Co.
4. North Laurel
5. South Laurel
6. Whitley Co.
7. Bell Co.
8. Harlan
9. Pineville
10. Barbourville

13th Players
1. Trent Noah, Harlan Co.
2. Jordan Mabe, South Laurel
3. Kyler McLendon, Harlan
4. Maddox Huff, Harlan Co.
5. Hayden Harris, Clay Co.
6. Sawyer Thompson, Pineville
7. Zander Curry, Corbin
8. Reece Davidson, North Laurel
9. Carter Stewart, Corbin
10. Eli Pietrowski, Corbin

15th Teams
1. Pikeville
2. Martin Co.
3. Pike Co. Central
4. Floyd Central
5. Magoffin Co.
6. Lawrence Co.
7. Shelby Valley
8. Betsy Layne
9. Johnson Central
10. Paintsville

15th Players
1. Jaylan Rigdon, Pike Co. Central
2. Aden Barnett, Magoffin Co.
3. Luke Hale, Martin Co.
4. Jaden Stewart, Pike Co. Central
5. Charlie Fitzer, Pikeville
6. Andrew Kidd, Betsy Layne
7. Ronnie Samons, Floyd Central
8. Eli Johnson, Pikeville
9. Andrew Bloomfield, Lawrence Co.
10. Austin Slone, Johnson Central
(10-18-2023, 11:01 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: [ -> ]14TH Teams
1. Perry Central
2. Breathitt Co.
3. Knott Central
4. Hazard
5. Letcher Central
6. Powell Co.
7. Estill Co.
8. Wolfe Co.
9. Leslie Co.
10. Owsley Co.

14th Players
1. Austin Sperry, Breathitt
2. Jayden Huff, Knott Central
3. Seth Caudill, Hazard
4. Kizer Slone, PCC
5. Rydge Beverly, PCC
6. Trayten Woods, PCC
7. Evan Eversole, Hazard
8. Hunter Haddiz, Knott Central
9 Jack Rose, Powell Co.
10. Peyton Dixon, Letcher Central

16th Teams
1. Boyd Co.
2. Fleming Co.
3. Ashland
4. Morgan Co.
5. Rowan Co.
6. East Carter
7. Lewis Co.
8. Racland
9. Russell
10. Menifee Co

Players
1. Zander Carter, Ashland
2. Jacob Spurlock, Boyd Co.
3. Jason Ellis, Boyd Co.
4. Gatlin Griffith, Morgan Co.
5. Brevon Ricker, Menifee Co.
6. Cole Hicks, Boyd Co.
7. Seth Hickerson, Fleming Co.
8. Colby Wilburn, Rowan Co.
9. Drew Noble, Lewis Co.
10. Caleb Rimmer, Russell

Seems like solid preseason rankings for the 16th.  

Can anyone knock off Ashland this season?
8th region
After the first week of high school basketball, how bad was the cats pause rankings? I know you can’t look at one week but there’s some things that stand out.

1. Mason county and region 10- ranked above GRC, mason county so far has not lived up to the hype. Losing to rowan and squeaking by greenup doesn’t show me they are the best team in the 10th.
2. Region 4- Warren Central lost most to all their production, and Greenwood the same. However, both has lost to Russel County who wasn’t even ranked in the top ten of the region. Then the beth haven loss has to be the worst loss in years.
3. Mountains- I don’t know if they cover this region very well at all. I don’t know when the rankings come out, but chadwell to knox has been a thing for a while, and they were not in the top ten of the 13th. Knox just beat barbourville by 30, and is the favorite in that district. Harlan just lost to clay by nearly 60, but over pineville and knox? North Laurel loses everyone, South Laurel improves year over year, yet south is behind North? Perry over Knott?

I know it’s early, but preseason rankings are consistently Dogs**t
(12-03-2023, 07:10 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]After the first week of high school basketball, how bad was the cats pause rankings? I know you can’t look at one week but there’s some things that stand out.

1. Mason county and region 10- ranked above GRC, mason county so far has not lived up to the hype. Losing to rowan and squeaking by greenup doesn’t show me they are the best team in the 10th.
2. Region 4- Warren Central lost most to all their production, and Greenwood the same. However, both has lost to Russel County who wasn’t even ranked in the top ten of the region. Then the beth haven loss has to be the worst loss in years.
3. Mountains- I don’t know if they cover this region very well at all. I don’t know when the rankings come out, but chadwell to knox has been a thing for a while, and they were not in the top ten of the 13th. Knox just beat barbourville by 30, and is the favorite in that district. Harlan just lost to clay by nearly 60, but over pineville and knox? North Laurel loses everyone, South Laurel improves year over year, yet south is behind North? Perry over Knott?

Last year's Cats Pause top 10. The top two are correct and seven of the teams that made the regional made the top 10, with only Pineville not listed. I don't think anyone knew Knox would fall apart quite as badly as they did.
Rankings are voted on in June, so sometimes things change. Barbourville's best player is out with a knee injury. Knox only won four games last year and Chadwell wasn't playing with them this summer, so they had to prove themselves.

North Laurel
Corbin
South Laurel
Harlan County
Whitley County
Harlan
Knox Central
Barbourville
Bell County
Clay County
(12-03-2023, 07:10 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]After the first week of high school basketball, how bad was the cats pause rankings? I know you can’t look at one week but there’s some things that stand out.

Mountains- I don’t know if they cover this region very well at all. I don’t know when the rankings come out, but chadwell to knox has been a thing for a while, and they were not in the top ten of the 13th. Knox just beat barbourville by 30, and is the favorite in that district. Harlan just lost to clay by nearly 60, but over pineville and knox? North Laurel loses everyone, South Laurel improves year over year, yet south is behind North? Perry over Knott?

13th
1. Harlan County
2, Corbin
3. Clay County
4. North Laurel
5. South Laurel
6. Whitley County
7. Bell County
8. Harlan
9. Pineville
10. Barbourville

Teams

1. Perry Central
2. Breathitt County
3. Knott Central
4. Hazard
5. Letcher Central
6. Powell County
7. Estill County
8. Wolfe County
9. Leslie County
10. Owsley County

14th Region
Top 8 teams made the regional
Top 4 teams in the semifinals
Top 2 teams in the finals
Winner correct

13th Region
Seven of top nine made the regional
The three top teams made the semifinals
The finalists are correct
The champion is correct
Missed on Knox, but the vote was before Chadwell made it to Knox, plus coach Madden deserves a lot of credit for turning around a team that won 4 games last year

I didn't notice you missed the 4th Region also while the Cats Pause had the 13th, 14th and 4th correct. Probably several more.