Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RPI Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to still look ahead and see if the Hounds and Boyle will be opposite bracket or same, to hard to tell at this point. However, does anyone know once season end is the RPI locked in there for the playoffs or does it change throughout the playoffs and you really don't know the RPI seedings until after each round?
Unless they changed it and I missed it. It’s locked at the end of the season
I believe RPI ends after regular season……..More and likely I’m wrong. Lol
Thanks, had never known the exact rule was curious as to this year will be wild.
(10-06-2023, 11:50 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]I believe RPI ends after regular season……..More and likely I’m wrong. Lol

You're not wrong... THIS TIME !!!    Smile
The RPI has a few positives but has way too many negatives. Teams can’t control who they play in district. With all due respect to Whitley, Perry, and Letcher, Corbin could beat them 80-0 if they really wanted to. Winning those games does nothing for Corbin’s RPI. If teams have to play in districts like that, why not let margin of victory factor in?

Also, if they are going to be hell bent on the RPI, just say screw districts and let teams schedule who they want. Then at the end, use the rpi to seed the playoffs.
One word(or is it two? ): Calpreps
I think home and away and margin of victory should account into rpi. 1-10 points, 11-20, 21-30, or 31 or more that way we don’t have teams trying to beat someone by 100. If you beat someone by 35 should be same as by 60 points
Any math experts in here have an idea how will play out. Assume Franklin County will stay at number one if win out and Cov Cath two, what about the rest.
(10-07-2023, 12:18 AM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]The RPI has a few positives but has way too many negatives. Teams can’t control who they play in district. With all due respect to Whitley, Perry, and Letcher, Corbin could beat them 80-0 if they really wanted to. Winning those games does nothing for Corbin’s RPI. If teams have to play in districts like that, why not let margin of victory factor in?

Also, if they are going to be hell bent on the RPI, just say screw districts and let teams schedule who they want. Then at the end, use the rpi to seed the playoffs.

so Corbin only wanted to beat letcher by 20 tonight instead of 80?

yall are insane for for a team that hasn’t won a title in 50 years. Everybody has to play district games against weaker opponents. Boyle is doing the same. 
yall blow my mind with how superior you think you are lol
(10-07-2023, 12:33 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2023, 12:18 AM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]The RPI has a few positives but has way too many negatives. Teams can’t control who they play in district. With all due respect to Whitley, Perry, and Letcher, Corbin could beat them 80-0 if they really wanted to. Winning those games does nothing for Corbin’s RPI. If teams have to play in districts like that, why not let margin of victory factor in?

yall are insane for for a team that hasn’t won a title in 50 years. Everybody has to play district games against weaker opponents. Boyle is doing the same. 

Yes, Corbin could have easily won tonight by 80 . EASILY! Same for the other district games. But Tommy doesn't like to win by 80. He's a good Christian boy. It's all about the " C."   Sadly, "C" doesn't stand for Championship.
(10-07-2023, 12:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]One word(or is it two? ): Calpreps
One word ….NO!!
(10-07-2023, 12:29 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I think home and away and margin of victory should account into rpi. 1-10 points, 11-20, 21-30, or 31 or more that way we don’t have teams trying to beat someone by 100. If you beat someone by 35 should be same as by 60 points
I agree with home and away. But margin of victory not so much. People will run up the score. I do like the way you had it with categories I wouldn’t be opposed to that.
(10-07-2023, 12:38 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2023, 12:33 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, Corbin could have easily won tonight by 80 . EASILY! Same for the other district games. But Tommy doesn't like to win by 80. He's a good Christian boy. It's all about the " C."   Sadly, "C" doesn't stand for Championship.
Plus if we didn’t have districts, he’d have hazard down 3 times haha
Franklin Co & Paducah Tilghman will be heavy favorites to advance from the west.

If Corbin and Boyle advance from the east, this is the most likely scenario with one huge pivotal game (read below):

(4) Corbin at (1) Franklin Co

(3) Boyle Co at (2) Paducah Tilghman 
(3) Paducah Tilghman at (2) Boyle Co

note: 
Paducah Tilghman's RPI should take a slight hit even after winning their last 3 games. 
Boyle Co would most likely jump to the 2 seed if they beat Frederick Douglass.

Paducah Tilghman's remaining opponents, record, and (projected record):
4A Warren East 5-2 (5-5) *toss up game (L) with Franklin-Simpson
4A Calloway Co 2-5 (2-8)
1A Russellville 1-6 (3-7) *toss up game (W) with Caverna

Boyle Co's remaining opponents, record, and (projected record):
4A Lincoln Co 4-3 (4-6)
4A Wayne Co 5-2 (6-4)
6A Frederick Douglass 3-3 (5-3) *pivotal last game with Boyle Co not included in projected record