Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview at Raceland 10/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fairview (1-6)

Aug 18, 23 Bath County home (L) 6 - 20 
Aug 26, 23 Caverna away (L) 18 - 58 
Aug 31, 23 Betsy Layne away (L) 0 - 43  Dr. Mike Goble Bowl 
Sep 8, 23 Morgan County away (L) 22 - 62
Sep 15, 23 Green (Franklin Furnace), OH away (W) 36 - 12 
Sep 22, 23 Powell County away (L) 16 - 59 
Sep 29, 23 Nicholas County home (L) 20 - 60

Raceland (4-2)
Aug 18, 23 Ashland Blazer away (L) 21 - 28 
Aug 25, 23 Letcher County Central away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 8, 23 Pikeville away (W) 7 - 6 
Sep 15, 23 Highlands home (L) 0 - 40 
Sep 22, 23 Newport Central Catholic home (W) 40 - 14 
Sep 29, 23 Hazard away (W) 43 - 0

Recent History
Oct 16, 1998 Raceland 37 Fairview 0
Oct 15, 1999 Raceland 49 Fairview 8 District game
Oct 13, 2000 Fairview 14 Raceland 6 (District Game)
Oct 12, 2001 Raceland 28 Fairview 0
Oct 18, 2002 Fairview 24 Raceland 17
Oct 24, 2003 Fairview 51 Raceland 17
Oct 22, 2004 Fairview 58 Raceland 6
Oct 21, 2005 Raceland 7 Fairview 6
Oct 20, 2006 Raceland 40 Fairview 0
Sep 14, 2007 Raceland 20 Fairview 12
Nov 9, 2007 Raceland 13 Fairview 0 2007 Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Sep 19, 2008 Raceland 37 Fairview 12
Nov 21, 2008 Raceland 40 Fairview 20 2008 Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Oct 9, 2009 Raceland 14 Fairview 6
Oct 8, 2010 Fairview 49 Raceland 22
Oct 14, 2011 Fairview 25 Raceland 6
Oct 12, 2012 Raceland 1 Fairview 0 Forfeit, original score F40,R27
Oct 18, 2013 Raceland 36 Fairview 14
Oct 17, 2014 Raceland 48 Fairview 6
Nov 14, 2014 Raceland 41 Fairview 14 2014 Class 1A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Oct 16, 2015 Fairview 24 Raceland 22
Oct 14, 2016 Raceland 39 Fairview 6
Oct 13, 2017 Raceland 45 Fairview 0
Oct 12, 2018 Raceland 50 Fairview 0
Oct 18, 2019 Raceland 69 Fairview 6
Oct 16, 2020 Raceland 48 Fairview 6
Oct 15, 2021 Raceland 72 Fairview 8
Nov 4, 2021 Raceland 57 Fairview 0 2021 Class 1A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals
Oct 14, 2022 Raceland 68 Fairview 6

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6f6a656543
This one will get ugly quick. I look for the young Rams to play in the majority of this game.
Fairview is one of the 5 Worst teams in the whole state. Enough said.

Actually according to RPI Farview is the 2nd Worst team in the entire State regardless of Class.
I’m just hoping there’s a game. The numbers are getting low over there and if any of Fairview kids decide to pack it in this week there could be a forfeit. I hope that does t happen
(10-01-2023, 12:07 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m just hoping there’s a game. The numbers are getting low over there and if any of Fairview kids decide to pack it in this week there could be a forfeit. I hope that does t happen
I’d hate to see that.  No disrespect to Fairview but this is a game where Raceland could not dress the starters and just let the young guys play the entire game.  What is the future looking like for the Fairview program?  If scrappy is around maybe he can answer that.
Rams
(10-01-2023, 12:07 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m just hoping there’s a game. The numbers are getting low over there and if any of Fairview kids decide to pack it in this week there could be a forfeit. I hope that does t happen
I hope it does. If they forfeit we will get more RPI points than if we would have played them.

IF YOU USE THE RPI THEN GET RID OF THE DISTRICTS! STOP FORCING TEAMS TO PLAY TEAMS THAT DESTROY YOUR RPI! WE DROPPED THIS WEEK AND WE WILL DROP AGAIN NEXT WEEK.
(10-01-2023, 01:15 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]
I hope it does. If they forfeit we will get more RPI points than if we would have played them.

IF YOU USE THE RPI THEN GET RID OF THE DISTRICTS! STOP FORCING TEAMS TO PLAY TEAMS THAT DESTROY YOUR RPI! WE DROPPED THIS WEEK AND WE WILL DROP AGAIN NEXT WEEK.

Play a stronger non District Schedule lol
(10-01-2023, 01:42 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2023, 01:15 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]

Play a stronger non District Schedule lol
Other than Pikeville I’m almost certain Raceland had the toughest non-district schedule in Class A.
I guess we could schedule a bunch of 3-6A teams that suck and build our RPI that way…
Raceland could win this one sitting still
(10-01-2023, 03:25 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]I guess we could schedule a bunch of 3-6A teams that suck and build our RPI that way…
My only issue with RPI is that we still have districts.  Having both at the same time doesn’t make any sense.  Districts made sense in the old cross bracketing system but not so much now.  If RPI is here to stay then teams should be independent from district play and allowed to schedule whoever they want for the entire season.
(10-01-2023, 03:43 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2023, 03:25 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]I guess we could schedule a bunch of 3-6A teams that suck and build our RPI that way…
My only issue with RPI is that we still have districts.  Having both at the same time doesn’t make any sense.  Districts made sense in the old cross bracketing system but not so much now.  If RPI is here to stay then teams should be independent from district play and allowed to schedule whoever they want for the entire season.
I agree and there would be so many more great games throughout the year.
It would be cool to scrap districts then have conferences agreements. Would be fun to have Assland, Boyd, Raceland, Russell, and The Muskaturds in a conference each year
That’s my point. Doing away with districts, you could keep/create regional rivalry games. It would still be difficult for the top tier 1A schools to get larger schools to schedule them…but I think it would help with the RPI issues that the top tier teams have at every class level. As for this game…

I feel bad for the young kids on Fairviews roster. I know a lot of them in the freshman class and they are absolute dogs and scrappy ass fighters. Die hard eagles. I give them credit for that. As much as I can’t stand Fairview, I respect the few families that have been there through it all. This is another small roster reliant upon underclassmen to lead the charge. It’s no easy task. Hopefully Raceland rests their injuries and doesn’t push the envelope with any of them. It won’t be needed. Not sure if Fairview can score in this one.

Rams 48
Eagles 0
Fairview needs to do what Morgan Co. Did. Drop out of the district for a few years and schedule as many wins as possible. Win some games build some confidence and build numbers.
(10-01-2023, 05:35 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]That’s my point. Doing away with districts, you could keep/create regional rivalry games. It would still be difficult for the top tier 1A schools to get larger schools to schedule them…but I think it would help with the RPI issues that the top tier teams have at every class level. As for this game…

I feel bad for the young kids on Fairviews roster. I know a lot of them in the freshman class and they are absolute dogs and scrappy ass fighters. Die hard eagles. I give them credit for that. As much as I can’t stand Fairview, I respect the few families that have been there through it all. This is another small roster reliant upon underclassmen to lead the charge. It’s no easy task. Hopefully Raceland rests their injuries and doesn’t push the envelope with any of them. It won’t be needed. Not sure if Fairview can score in this one.

Rams 48
Eagles 0
But ….you gotta make sure your five team conference is strong. Look what playing in a crappy conference did to Ironton. I think 5 teams is perfect….it guarantees you 4 close games a year. But…..we are just dreaming cause I really can’t see the state changing anything
Nothing will ever change. It will just become more confusing and frustrating as the years go by lol
(10-01-2023, 05:21 PM)DRAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]It would be cool to scrap districts then have conferences agreements. Would be fun to have Assland, Boyd, Raceland, Russell, and The Muskaturds in a conference each year
The only problem with that is Ashland would be the only competitive game for Raceland outside of the years when Russell has a decent team every few years or so.  I know RPI punishes out of state play but I’d like to see Raceland play Coal Grove or Fairland (OH).  Those would be good games most years.
(10-01-2023, 08:55 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2023, 05:21 PM)DRAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]It would be cool to scrap districts then have conferences agreements. Would be fun to have Assland, Boyd, Raceland, Russell, and The Muskaturds in a conference each year
The only problem with that is Ashland would be the only competitive game for Raceland outside of the years when Russell has a decent team every few years or so.  I know RPI punishes out of state play but I’d like to see Raceland play Coal Grove or Fairland (OH).  Those would be good games most years.
I think you’ve been out of the area too long cause those two programs are about as good as Greenup. After this year the Rams take a step back and will really struggle to break even next year on wins and losses. 

I believe the biggest problem you’ll have with no districts and just seeding 1-32 is travel distance. People are always complaining about driving too long to play. I swear adults ruin everything for kids. But you could have a potential west ….32 playing a Pikeville/Raceland number one. Can you imagine all the complaining if that happens?
(10-01-2023, 09:06 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
I think you’ve been out of the area too long cause those two programs are about as good as Greenup. After this year the Rams take a step back and will really struggle to break even next year on wins and losses. 

I believe the biggest problem you’ll have with no districts and just seeding 1-32 is travel distance. People are always complaining about driving too long to play. I swear adults ruin everything for kids. But you could have a potential west ….32 playing a Pikeville/Raceland number one. Can you imagine all the complaining if that happens?
Take this with a grain of salt but Calpreps has Fairland beating Raceland 28-27 on a neutral field so I do think that could be a good game.  

As for traveling, I see no issue with it.  This was a long time ago but when I played our district games we’re all across Central KY and we had to travel as far as Berea every other year.  If schools can agree to home and home series then I see no reason not to make it happen.
Raceland future stars enter the game in 2Q
(10-01-2023, 09:19 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]

Take this with a grain of salt but Calpreps has Fairland beating Raceland 28-27 on a neutral field so I do think that could be a good game.  

As for traveling, I see no issue with it.  This was a long time ago but when I played our district games we’re all across Central KY and we had to travel as far as Berea every other year.  If schools can agree to home and home series then I see no reason not to make it happen.
Cal preps is dreaming. Raceland would destroy Fairland. Also our JV had a running clock on Fairland JV in the first quarter a couple weeks back.

Just seed half in East and half in West until Final 4 geez
(10-01-2023, 12:16 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
I’d hate to see that.  No disrespect to Fairview but this is a game where Raceland could not dress the starters and just let the young guys play the entire game.  What is the future looking like for the Fairview program?  If scrappy is around maybe he can answer that.
It’s Raceland week. Scrappy left the country
Imo, this Freshman class at Fairview was their next chance at being competitive. They had a solid group through out JFL. But the have lost nearly all of that to transfers. Some are now at Raceland, some now at Ashland, some at Boyd. There are still a handful of them though that are still there. They are an extremely scrappy bunch and the 8th grade group has some good atheletes as well. Fairview will fight with numbers though, until they drop out of district play and schedule some games to build the program up again.
RPI is a program killer. How would Fairview ever be competitive agin when nobody wants them on their schedule? Who wants to schedule the lowest rpi team in the state??? You get nothing for playing them.
Playing or not playing this game provides no scenario where a winner emerges. Not sure what the answer is.
Not playing would help Raceland more
This one could get realllllll ugly