Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Austin Sperry Picks Up Offer From Northern Kentucky University
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Offers will continue to pile in for this young man!
(09-30-2023, 10:32 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Offers will continue to pile in for this young man!
Yep. D&D said 6 in basketball and 1 football, all D1. NKU ain't bad, I like their coach. And he has two more years.
Many many offers and tons of other schools talking to him. Generational talent and I hope he does well wherever he chooses.

Any other kids around picked up any offers? Heard Rydge Beverly at PCC is getting some interest from UNLV
Beverly is the best PG to come along in this region since his uncle Braxton played here, you’d think many D1s would be knocking on his door.
(10-04-2023, 08:34 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Beverly is the best PG to come along in this region since his uncle Braxton played here, you’d think many D1s would be knocking on his door.
I agree he’s been the best point guard in the 14th the past couple years and I’d choose him number one if I was drafting in the 14th region. However he is not D1 caliper at his size and speed. Not taking anything from the kid as I’ve done nothing but praise him but he’s not D1
You wouldn’t even know what D1 player was. John Stockton and Steve Nash were just so crazy athletic I guess. If you can play, you can play.
Rydge isn’t a John Stockton or Steve Nash bahahahaha

A true legit D1 player in the 14th would be playing at rupp all four years in some cases 5 years during their high school career in the sweet 16. Just like the noble kid did a few years ago at be breathitt/Perry. A true D1 player could win this weak region with little to no help. I don’t think you know what a true D1 player is
Jaysean Paige nor Justin Johnson won did they? A good quality HS player can beat a D1 player in the big game with heart and determination. Saw it many times. D1 doesnt equal success in HS ball.
I think Beverly can play Division 1 easily. Just has to be given a shot. He’s got two more seasons to develop. I think he will play D1 at some level. Kid is skilled.
I hope he does too. Size, speed, and outside shot doesn’t help. But he has super high IQ basketball sense. Wish him the best
A junior and oldest player on the team by a little bit. Should have graduated last year. Not even close to a d1 in any sport. This BHS season will self destruct from within. Wait for it.
(10-04-2023, 08:34 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Beverly is the best PG to come along in this region since his uncle Braxton played here, you’d think many D1s would be knocking on his door.
I’ve watched him play the last several years. No way he is on the same level as his uncle. Sperry is on a completely different level. And, he might be one of the better point guards in the region this year, but there’s been several much better than him that have went on to play college basketball in the last few years.  He’s slow and not athletic at all. He has not size and he’s probably make a much better fullback than a point guard.
I wish people would stop comparing Ridge and Braxton they aren’t remotely the same level of player. Ridge seems to be a great young man and that’s what’s most important but he isn’t the basketball player Braxton was. Sperry has the physical tools and most of the basketball talent to play D1 but he has to prove he can do it mentally.
Ridge is on the same level as his uncle. He’s bigger and stronger than Braxton was at this point in his career. Braxton was a little quicker and had much better talent around him than Ridge did when he was in high school. This could be Ridges breakout year. Some of you guys are so negative it disgusts me. Sperry is gonna have a great season too. So many jealous people around here, no wonder anyone does anything after high school.
I don’t think anyone’s jealous with stating their opinions on talent. Get out of the 14th and these stars wouldn’t start on most teams.
Those two kids would start anywhere in Kentucky.
Sperry was trying to go to Clark and play but was hearing what he wanted from the coaching staff. We just basically agree to disagree on this subject. Move on
(10-13-2023, 10:32 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Sperry was trying to go to Clark and play but was hearing what he wanted from the coaching staff. We just basically agree to disagree on this subject. Move on
Lie. It's frustrating that people, including me, even respond to you. But you keep pushing until you have to be called out. You must just sit and think of crap you can come up with to put kids down or act like you're "in the know". Pretty sad actually.
Well I know one of the assistant coaches at Roy g and he said sperrys mother was hounding them on social media wanting them to take sperry. He said they watched the first round at rupp and didn’t think sperry would fit their program with his attitude. This is the facts and if you don’t believe it then I don’t really care.
I’m the biggest Perry guy around and I think everyone knows that lol. And I will say there’s has been no one at Perry near as good as Braxton Beverly, that’s not a shot at Rydge, Rydge is a really good player but he or no one else that has played in the 14th region except Cameron Justice, is on Braxton level. Now if you go back 25 - 30 years the you can say Ben Bolen But no way is anyone including Sperry for that matter is comparable to Braxton !
Justin Johnson and Jaysean Paige both were better than Braxton. But that’s no slap in the face to Brax. Sperry probably a little better than Braxton as a Sophomore. Ask Matt Day who won their last encounter.
(10-13-2023, 06:04 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Well I know one of the assistant coaches at Roy g and he said sperrys mother was hounding them on social media wanting them to take sperry. He said they watched the first round at rupp and didn’t think sperry would fit their program with his attitude. This is the facts and if you don’t believe it then I don’t really care.
Quit making things worse for yourself. More then a couple members on here know the long time connection between GRC's coach and Sperry's family. And the GRC AD at the time grew up with Sperry's uncle. But...you're on here saying some grade school assistant coach told you that his mother was on social media seeking help? You realize how silly that sounds? He's happy at Breathitt. Another Coach that watched Sperry play told him he was most impressed with the attitude he played with. That was Coach Horn who also offered a scholarship to NKU. 
Someone has to fact check you but think I'll go back to ignoring you.
(10-07-2023, 11:03 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]I think Beverly can play Division 1 easily.  Just has to be given a shot.  He’s got two more seasons to develop.  I think he will play D1 at some level.  Kid is skilled.

“Just had to be given a shot”…How many D3 kids have said that over the years.
Socrates did you even make it to D3? Wait, you didn’t play at all did you?
(10-13-2023, 07:26 PM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2023, 06:04 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Well I know one of the assistant coaches at Roy g and he said sperrys mother was hounding them on social media wanting them to take sperry. He said they watched the first round at rupp and didn’t think sperry would fit their program with his attitude. This is the facts and if you don’t believe it then I don’t really care.
Quit making things worse for yourself. More then a couple members on here know the long time connection between GRC's coach and Sperry's family. And the GRC AD at the time grew up with Sperry's uncle. But...you're on here saying some grade school assistant coach told you that his mother was on social media seeking help? You realize how silly that sounds? He's happy at Breathitt. Another Coach that watched Sperry play told him he was most impressed with the attitude he played with. That was Coach Horn who also offered a scholarship to NKU. 
Someone has to fact check you but think I'll go back to ignoring you.
 whatever you say. You know I’m telling the truth about GRC that’s why you’re so upset and can’t figure out how I found out. Clearly you’re an uncle or daddy, maybe mommy. Carry on tho.

In all honesty I have always said rydge is the best point guard in the region and def the highest basketball IQ. However, he is not D1 and I’m not putting him down. Braxton could run and play circles around rydge and that’s not being mean. It is what it is. Rydge can play NAIA or D3 and that’s it. But I do love watching him play in the 14th.
I don’t agree with you Parkway. Watched Braxton lose a lot of games. Cordia, Buckhorn, and several others. Most D1 player wouldn’t broke a sweat to beat them teams. Whatever. Nobody here knows anything about any sports. Keep on rolling Ridge and don’t listen to these morons that have never played anything at a high level. They can’t help it.
Rydge is best PG in region hands down, there isn’t even a close 2nd to him. If he stays healthy he will have a monster season.
(10-13-2023, 11:49 AM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2023, 10:32 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Sperry was trying to go to Clark and play but was hearing what he wanted from the coaching staff. We just basically agree to disagree on this subject. Move on
Lie. It's frustrating that people, including me, even respond to you. But you keep pushing until you have to be called out. You must just sit and think of crap you can come up with to put kids down or act like you're "in the know". Pretty sad actually.
I find it crazy anyone would ever believe anything about Sperry going to any school in kentucky. Now did a lot of us hear that GRC wanted him yes but I can’t understand why Sperry would go anywhere besides Overtime or stay at breathitt. Kid was offered 200000 dollars to play for 2 years on top of NIL deals. In my opinion the kid likes where he’s at and that’s very respectable just my two cents…
I don’t believe he was offered 200K. Not for a second.
(10-16-2023, 08:34 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t believe he was offered 200K.  Not for a second.
Hard to say. Paying some kids over $500k per year. But if you consider $100K for college and a stipend of $2-3 K per month plus all room, board, medical it might come close to that. If you search FB you can see one of his visits there and an OTE rep explaining how you can watch the games live to family members. But it's moot cause he stayed at Breathitt. At least for this year.
OTE is a business and they market a product. They got their start as a media organization and one can see how Sperry might fit in to that social media promotion thing.

(10-16-2023, 08:34 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t believe he was offered 200K.  Not for a second.
OTE has two different deals. On the straight salary deal the poster is correct in that $100K is the minimum pay. But as I understand it, Sperry was offered that or a deal that would preserve his college eligibility, not the straight salary.