Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 43 Hazard 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
No shocker here
Congratulations to the Rams. The first half was halfway competitive but in the 2nd half Raceland took over. Hazard was also the most undisciplined team I’ve seen in a while. They had way too many unsportsmanlike penalties that need to be cleaned up.
Shocker. Not really. Something gotta give. Time for coaching change?
Congratulations to the Rams
I think the team needs to part ways with the staff and start over. The worst numbers they have had in a while, they suck, and they are most likely the most undisciplined team in the mountains.
They have a great freshman class coming in next year.
Hazard has a TON of talent 7-9 grade. They need to get a coach in place and turn things around or Dixon will get them at PCC…
Paul Rains- are you listening!??
(09-29-2023, 11:40 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]Hazard has a TON of talent 7-9 grade. They need to get a coach in place and turn things around or Dixon will get them at PCC…
Yes their 8th grade class is nice but let’s be honest Pikeville’s Fresh class is absolutely loaded. So as good as Hazards 8th grade class is, the only year they have a shot at beating Pikeville is their senior year. So good luck!
I hate when people say they have a great class coming. Nobody truly knows. It takes a program builder for something to change and that’s not what this coaching staff is. I know breathitt has had a good young class since the holcomb days but never make it past the 3rd round and are always overhyped. Anyone that looks at the younger class and expects much is delusional. I would much rather take an average talent class and put them in a program that knows how to help them succeed as a team and as a person compared to a super talented group with a below terrible coaching staff.
Now. This post is STUPID!! Holcomb is obviously a top ten ALL-Time WINS GUY. Don’t invoke his name with under achievers.
(09-30-2023, 12:53 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Paul Rains- are you listening!??

That be a good hire and a re hire.
Hazard played tough for a half. Back breaker was that INT before halftime. You don’t throw that and the score is still 14-0. Hazard is its own worst enemy and has been all season. The scoreboard may not show it but there is improvement there and the defense isn’t that bad, but is just on the field way too much. Offense is where they are gonna have to get to work…. I myself would
go old school with the I-form and hit them with runs with the fullback occasional and mix in some play action. They need to grind the tempo of the game way down. My opinion.

But Congrats to Raceland on the win and hope they had safe travels home. Got to talk to couple of there fans after the game. It was nice chatting with them. I also want to say before I go, a big Kudos an shout out to Noah Wallace who I saw playing with some young Hazard kids after the game. Very fine young man and leader there.

But Congtays
Who is 72? Legit talent but has serious anger management issues.
Agreed RAD. 72 has next level size and ability, but has zero discipline. A lot of times in games like last night, players can get chippy when they are getting thumped. But he started his stuff on the 2nd play of the game. I think that goes on the staff as it continued all night.
So many problems at Hazard right now. People knew they’d be down this year but not sure this is what was expected. This is a somewhat young team with some talented players on the field but there is way too many discipline problems on the field holding them back. Regardless of talent when allowed to do some of the things they get away with, it hurts the team. This type of behavior looks bad on those players but they only do what they are allowed to do. Starts at the top and the staff has no control with certain players and it brings the whole team down. Pretty sure you can lose 43-0 with or without those players. Put them on the sideline and let them learn their lesson or quit. Not going to ask for someone to lose their job but things need to change. Either with personnel or actions. It’s sad to watch!
Watched some of this one on replay after I got home from Belfry last night. Did anyone see the kid from Raceland run on the field after that interception and try to participate in the play? Refs caught it but that was hilarious
Looks like Highlands made them better ?
(09-30-2023, 02:29 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Who is 72? Legit talent but has serious anger management issues.

Kenyon Higgins (JR)
(09-30-2023, 08:05 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Watched some of this one on replay after I got home from Belfry last night. Did anyone see the kid from Raceland run on the field after that interception and try to participate in the play? Refs caught it but that was hilarious

I was confused on this penalty earlier in the game because I couldn’t see what actually happen.. but I will most definitely go back and try to watch for it. lol
(09-30-2023, 08:04 AM)Bluecat Wrote: [ -> ]So many problems at Hazard right now. People knew they’d be down this year but not sure this is what was expected. This is a somewhat young team with some talented players on the field but there is way too many discipline problems on the field holding them back. Regardless of talent when allowed to do some of the things they get away with, it hurts the team. This type of behavior looks bad on those players but they only do what they are allowed to do. Starts at the top and the staff has no control with certain players and it brings the whole team down. Pretty sure you can lose 43-0 with or without those players. Put them on the sideline and let them learn their lesson or quit. Not going to ask for someone to lose their job but things need to change. Either with personnel or actions. It’s sad to watch!
Have to agree with this post. Zero discipline on hazards team. Inmates are running the asylum.
I think there is a ball coach about twenty miles North of Hazard that does NOT have a team.
Should have changed coaches before now. Those kids that have transferred in, should have stayed home.
Which kids transferred in??
(09-29-2023, 11:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]They have a great freshman class coming in next year.
This is true but the real question will be how many them stay. Hard sell on these young players with the way the program is headed right now.
(09-30-2023, 04:35 PM)Bluecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2023, 11:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]They have a great freshman class coming in next year.
This is true but the real question will be how many them stay. Hard sell on these young players with the way the program is headed right now.

Idk about that, they need to figure it out quick though.
Can someone please clarify what players from Breathitt to Hazard?