Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McLean Co @ Hopkins Co Central 09/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
McLean County (4-2) makes the short trip just across the county line to Hopkins Co for some Thursday night football against Hopkins Co Central (2-4) in an always important 3A District 1 game.

McLean comes into tonight with a 4-2 record, with wins over Ohio Co, Muhlenberg Co, Hancock Co & Todd Central.  Their 2 losses are to Grayson Co (5-1) and Union Co (6-0).  Hopkins comes in at 2-4.  They started 2-0 with wins over Caldwell Co & Fort Campbell, before dropping 4 straight to Madisonville, Crittenden Co, Union Co & Webster Co.

Historically, these two have played 9 previous times, with McLean winning 5 and Hopkins winning 4.  MC has won 5 of the last 6, however, the last time Hopkins hosted MC the result was a Hopkins victory.

I know that McLean has their hopes set on a home playoff game.  If that is to pan out, a win tonight is a requirement.  With Hopkins sitting at 0-2 in district play they need a win tonight if they're wanting post-season play, as its a tough climb back from a 0-3 hole.   

Its no surprise that I believe in the Cougs, but they cannot come into tonight looking past the Storm. CalPreps has a projected final score of 38 to 34 in favor of McLean, and they're usually pretty good with their projections, so by all accounts, we could be in for a heck of a game tonight.
I'll take McLean based on coaching. I believe that slight edge wins them the game.
Final Score 28 to 27 McLean wins a close one.
Called it!!!