Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What exactly is the future of danville football? What is up and coming? Is there anyway to stop the Boyle County transfer portal momentum?
Boobs 98 asking the hard hitting questions.
Man, we use to play Danville in the first round of playoffs every year at Betsy Layne when we went from 1A to 2A in 2012. You talk about an intimidating place to play. They got off charter busses fully dressed looking like the Dallas cowboys had absolute monster on the oline and dline and skills so fast they were named Ace Quick. They’d running clock us before kickoff started.

What happened to them?
They've got to stick with what they've got for a few years. I'm not sure if Parks is the answer, but they need to give him at least 3-4 years to try to build something. Danville is in more than just a rebuild. This is like trying to rebuild a house that is still actively on fire. A school like Danville will turn out 1 or 2 kids every couple of years that can singlehandedly carry a program. They just need to keep some consistency with the program to stop those kids from going across town so that they can string together a couple of winning seasons and restore some faith.
I think Shogun hit the nail on the head. With such a successful program across town and one of the best coaches in the state coaching at that program. Danville will never get back to what they were, but if they can keep a few athletes around, they will win games and be a tough out some years.
All of Danville's problems are self-inflected wounds and have been discussed plenty on here. Until the School leadership becomes stable and supports athletics again, their program will continue to suffer. The recent transfers are a symptom of the disease. Not the disease itself.
Chuck Smith built Boyle WHILE Sam Harp was winning 7 state titles. It can be done. But he had the perfect administration for that to happen.
(09-28-2023, 09:15 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Chuck Smith built Boyle WHILE Sam Harp was winning 7 state titles. It can be done. But he had the perfect administration for that to happen.

Exactly this. Danville's present administration has destroyed a proud program and this next superintendent hire is CRITICAL going forward for them. I wasn't a fan of the Parks hire but you have to let him have a whole class go through to do a proper evaluation at this point. Turning over coaches in rapid succession is a sure fire way to make the situation worse. I never thought I'd see a Danville team go winless, but that looks like it's on the horizon this year.

And I feel terrible for the students and athletes who have been hurt through no fault of their own.
(09-28-2023, 09:15 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Chuck Smith built Boyle WHILE Sam Harp was winning 7 state titles.  It can be done.  But he had the perfect administration for that to happen.
That is very true but that was a different time. Kids transferring was not as relevant then as it is today. 

I hope Danville can rebuild to at least somewhat of what they use to be but with todays transfer rules (or lack thereof),  I do not see it happening.
(09-29-2023, 09:25 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2023, 09:15 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Chuck Smith built Boyle WHILE Sam Harp was winning 7 state titles.  It can be done.  But he had the perfect administration for that to happen.
That is very true but that was a different time. Kids transferring was not as relevant then as it is today. 

I hope Danville can rebuild to at least somewhat of what they use to be but with todays transfer rules (or lack thereof),  I do not see it happening.
Any idea on how the school is doing aside from sports? Is the school in any danger of consolidating
(09-29-2023, 11:43 AM)b00bs98 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2023, 09:25 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]

Any idea on how the school is doing aside from sports? Is the school in any danger of consolidating

That talk has been around since the early 80's.  I'll believe it when I see it