Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 6A RPI Rankings Week Of 9/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is what makes the RPI especially in 6A just laughable. For one thing how many on here actually believe that St. X, Trinity, and Douglass are not in the top 10 in the state in 6A? A couple of examples the #1 ranked Bryan Station lost on the road at Trinity 36-3. Douglass went on the road on two straight days and beat Trinity 17-14. Douglass beat Tates Creek 43-0. Finally, Henderson Co. is ranked 9th and are currently 1-5. Unreal

I think the biggest problem with RPI is the game factor based on size of school. A school that beats the worst school in 6A gets more credit in RPI than beating an undefeated #1 ranked team in 3A or 4A.
Some unlikely team like Henderson in the West for example will still be alive come 3rd round and they'll get to host a game and make things interesting... I need to look at the pairings again
(09-27-2023, 03:04 PM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: [ -> ]Some unlikely team like Henderson in the West for example will still be alive come 3rd round and they'll get to host a game and make things interesting... I need to look at the pairings again

I think this is what you are getting at I think.

These teams in 6A are currently a combined 14-32 but 2 of them will make the 6A quarterfinals: Christian Co.
Daviess Co.
McCracken Co.
Barren Co.
Central Hardin
North Hardin
Warren Central
Henderson Co.
At least 2 of these teams will miss the 6A Quarterfinals:
Manual
St. X
Ballard
Trinity
To me there is something about this that is just not right.
(09-27-2023, 03:21 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2023, 03:04 PM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: [ -> ]Some unlikely team like Henderson in the West for example will still be alive come 3rd round and they'll get to host a game and make things interesting... I need to look at the pairings again

I think this is what you are getting at I think.

These teams in 6A are currently a combined 14-32 but 2 of them will make the 6A quarterfinals: Christian Co.
Daviess Co.
McCracken Co.
Barren Co.
Central Hardin
North Hardin
Warren Central
Henderson Co.
At least 2 of these teams will miss the 6A Quarterfinals:
Manual
St. X
Ballard
Trinity
To me there is something about this that is just not right.

Exactly what I'm saying