Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset @ Breathitt County 9/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somerset (4-2)
Aug 18, 23 Perry County Central away (L) 21 - 22 
Aug 25, 23 Russell County home (W) 28 - 24 Alton Blakely Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Knox Central home (W) 47 - 12 
Sep 8, 23 Garrard County home (W) 48 - 21 
Sep 15, 23 Campbellsville away (L) 27 - 34
Sep 22, 23 Lincoln County away (W) 29 - 7

Breathitt County (2-4)
Aug 18, 23 Belfry home (L) 14 - 48 
Aug 25, 23 Perry County Central away (L) 26 - 29 
Sep 1, 23 Lewis County home (W) 63 - 13 
Sep 8, 23 Johnson Central away (L) 0 - 41 
Sep 15, 23 Hazard away (W) 41 - 6 
Sep 22, 23 Letcher County Central home (L) 21 - 25

Recent History
Nov 20, 2009 Somerset 51 Breathitt County 33 2009 Class 3A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 19, 2010 Somerset 29 Breathitt County 26 2010 Class 3A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Sep 16, 2011 Breathitt County 20 Somerset 0
Sep 14, 2012 Breathitt County 24 Somerset 13
Nov 29, 2019 Somerset 40 Breathitt County 25 2019 Class 2A 2019 UK Orthopaedics/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...706a656543
Somerset should win this game. But, it's on the road, and at Breathitt County at that. If the defense plays like it did last week I'll take the Jumpers 28-7.
Heard 2-3 guys from Breathitt quit after last week fiasco.
(09-24-2023, 08:04 PM)bcpc Wrote: [ -> ]Heard 2-3 guys from Breathitt quit after last week fiasco.

If they were the ones that were getting all of the personal fouls, that could be a good thing.
Somerset rolls. Breathitt of old is no more.
Hard for me to see Somerset not going 3-0 in this district and winning it going away.
If they cant beat Breathitt they are pretty bad........
Coach Clevenger seems to have Somerset headed in the right direction, and I'm not seeing the Breathitt County I thought I would see from what some were saying in the preseason. I'll take Somerset 28-14.
26-12 jumpers ……..
Somerset 35
Breathitt 14
Somerset, 28-7
I'll take Somerset 31-20

Who quit on Breathitts team?
If Breathitt can put together 4 good quarters I think they win by at least 2 touchdown. That is a big IF because they have not put forth 4 good quarters this year. Also I do not know who has quit and who was suspended from last week if anyone.
I would think that Somerset would be favored, but breathitt can certainly win if they put things together.
At the beginning of the year, everyone said Breathitt would be the team to beat if they found a QB. Didn’t Breathitt recruit a QB? Why hasn’t he taken any varsity snaps? Especially after his performance in the JV game last week. Seems to me they have a diamond in the rough and not developing or utilizing him. Heard a lot of comments about how good he is and how other surrounding schools are wanting him. After last weeks fiasco and 2 players quitting, I think it’s time to give him a shot. Can’t get any worse.
Somerset is to fast, and well coached for Breathitt. Also even though Somerset has they're moments, they're not as disorganized.
I see a lot comments about how Clevenger has turned the team around, and he's done a great job. I want to point out to posters not around the program that after the 2020 team Somerset had no senior classes hardly at all. I believe one year was 6 seniors. The players you see now have had to play as freshman and sophomores. It's not that Somerset has been down for two years, or the previous coaches. Though some will argue, they just simple didn't have the experience, and talent on those past two upper classes. The classes coming up for Somerset are pretty loaded. Every team, unless they have a open door recruitment policy lol ? goes through this at times.
The thing about it is next year they will be be better than this year. They are starting a lot of freshman and sophomore’s. They have what Somerset has not had in a long time, which is a lot of linemen that are all young and big. From about 5th grade on up they have a lot of talented good football players. This year will probably be the worst team Somerset will have going forward for the foreseeable future and that’s not a knock on this years team I think they are gonna be a tough out for whoever they play.
Exactly, this team will be loaded for a few years.
(09-25-2023, 09:37 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly, this team will be loaded for a few years.
I have heard the exact oppose of this, all that I have heard is “nothing coming up” “absolutely no talent in the school at the moment” it looks like several seniors start on this Somerset team, I would expect them to take a step back next season, I could be wrong. Hate to see Somerset down but then again I can not blame them for softening the schedule up. No need to take a beating every week. Thoughts?

(09-24-2023, 07:40 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]Somerset should win this game.  But, it's on the road, and at Breathitt County at that.  If the defense plays like it did last week I'll take the Jumpers 28-7.
Never know what may happen at Breathitt. Somerset better get a good lead.
Clay has this team ahead of where many thought. Somerset is gonna be a problem for years to come.

Somerset 28
Breathitt Co. 14
(09-25-2023, 09:58 PM)b00bs98 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2023, 09:37 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly, this team will be loaded for a few years.
I have heard the exact oppose of this, all that I have heard is “nothing coming up” “absolutely no talent in the school at the moment” it looks like several seniors start on this Somerset team, I would expect them to take a step back next season, I could be wrong. Hate to see Somerset down but then again I can not blame them for softening the schedule up. No need to take a beating every week. Thoughts?

(09-24-2023, 07:40 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]Somerset should win this game.  But, it's on the road, and at Breathitt County at that.  If the defense plays like it did last week I'll take the Jumpers 28-7.
This is 100% fake news I don’t know where you are hearing your info from but it is not the most reliable source of information. From 5th grade up is loaded they have a 6 th grader that is playing up on the 8th grade team that is a beast lightning fast and is hard nosed he is laying people out all over the field. The 8th grade group is a little short on skill players but I am hearing that is about to change in a couple of weeks I will comment on it after it happens. As far as next years team goes they have 12 seniors 1 of those is already gone since week 2 with a torn acl/mcl that loss hurts them now but of the 11 they have 1 will hurt bad but they have more in the tank. Most people inside the program think next year will be better team return just about all o line and D line the QB and sophomore running back that will have close to 1000 yards rushing before season is done will definitely have 1000 all purpose yards. So the future is so bright you got to wear shades?!
(09-26-2023, 12:28 AM)Buford T Justice Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2023, 09:58 PM)b00bs98 Wrote: [ -> ]

This is 100% fake news I don’t know where you are hearing your info from but it is not the most reliable source of information. From 5th grade up is loaded they have a 6 th grader that is playing up on the 8th grade team that is a beast lightning fast and is hard nosed he is laying people out all over the field. The 8th grade group is a little short on skill players but I am hearing that is about to change in a couple of weeks I will comment on it after it happens. As far as next years team goes they have 12 seniors 1 of those is already gone since week 2 with a torn acl/mcl that loss hurts them now but of the 11 they have 1 will hurt bad but they have more in the tank. Most people inside the program think next year will be better team return just about all o line and D line the QB and sophomore running back that will have close to 1000 yards rushing before season is done will definitely have 1000 all purpose yards. So the future is so bright you got to wear shades?!
Thank you for clarifying.  Let’s hope the middle schoolers pan out and stick together going Into high school. I thought clev would bring some kids in from Danville, that didn’t seem to really happen.  The shades are on. My helmet is strapped.
I think the un known of him coming in first year has held some things up but I think now going forward you could start to see that. There has already been some kids that didn’t play last year or played last year that didn’t play this year after they saw how thing were going tried to come out and join the team about 3 games into the season and he told them no. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he didn’t start to pick up some Pulaski kids or surrounding counties. His practices are organized and intense. He designes his workouts to simulate a game everything is about 15 -20 seconds then jog to another station with about 25 second rest and back at it to simulate a game type environment. The guy really knows how to get kids to buy in and keep them motivated. He has changed the whole mindset around the program. Also one last note the youth league it without a doubt the best most organized league in the state and I would make that argument with anyone the kids get about the same style coaching as they do in the high school very good league with good players.
What is the situation with Science Hill down there? Can those kids still choose which High School they would like to attend? Seems like in the past a lot of either Somerset or Pulaski's success could be attributed to kids from Science Hill.
(09-26-2023, 01:21 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]What is the situation with Science Hill down there? Can those kids still choose which High School they would like to attend? Seems like in the past a lot of either Somerset or Pulaski's success could be attributed to kids from Science Hill.
yes they can choose which school they go to . As a matter of fact they have several kids across several different sports that are from science hill.

Science hill is a unique situation I don’t know if there is another stand alone independent elementary/middle school in the entire state. Maybe there is I just don’t know it