Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 28 North Laurel 00
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Congratulations Southwestern!!!
No surprise. Tried to tell yall
I said put up or shut up........I didnt say dont show up.................oh well.
Congratulations SouthWestern on dominating the Jaguars. Who’s playcalling the offense over at North Laurel?
[attachment=634 Wrote:Cowboy42 pid='2421472' dateline='1695444247']Congratulations SouthWestern on dominating the Jaguars. Who’s playcalling the offense over at North Laurel?
(09-23-2023, 02:49 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2023, 01:44 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations SouthWestern on dominating the Jaguars. Who’s playcalling the offense over at North Laurel?
Big Grin
We drove over for this game last night. We came away thinking: You can not keep doing the same thing on offense over and over and expect a different outcome. North Laurel has some kids that can run the ball, (they have proved it in the games I have seen) but they are not being utilized. I don't have a roster and don't know names, (just # numbers) but the big kid that ran the ball just a couple of times early did well (yardage) then wham bam thank ya he was not used again. Most stadium coaches where we were sitting said that he would have gotten the nod until they stopped him & then they would do something different, with #50, #28,#10, #8, or #11. The defense is still stellar, they got disgusted and aggravated you could tell toward the end of the game and it showed up on the field. The plays being called for the "O" are horrible!
(09-23-2023, 02:46 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]We drove over for this game last night.    We came away thinking: You can not keep doing the same thing on offense over and over and expect a different outcome.  North Laurel has some kids that can run the ball, (they have proved it in the games I have seen) but they are not being utilized.  I don't have a roster and don't know names, (just # numbers) but the big kid that ran the ball just a couple of times early did well (yardage) then wham bam thank ya he was not used again.  Most stadium coaches where we were sitting said that he would have gotten the nod until they stopped him & then they would do something different, with #50, #28,#10, #8, or #11.  The defense is still stellar, they got disgusted and aggravated you could tell toward the end of the game and it showed up on the field.  The plays being called for the "O" are horrible!
Haha!! You tend to drive over a lot to these NL Games.. I just had the pleasure of watching the entire game on Lake Cumberland Sports. People lie, Film don’t!! If you’re gonna call out a coach for offensive struggles you should watch film. Appears last nights contest was a really good defensive battle the first half. 2nd half not so much. But had the Jags not allowed the deep pass to burn the corner in first half it would be different ballgame. Had the defense not allowed 28 points to be put on the board maybe a different outcome. I’m certain I seen four fumbles at the snap or handoff and two interceptions. Counted numerous missed blocking assignments on Offense without going into details etc. It appears to me the Head Coach is doing his job but I gotta question other position coaches. The papers read week in and week out about a struggling offense and yet every game is a dogfight. I did see a particular drive using power in a wishbone set and it was working well until the playcall went to a screen pass. The Coach is not to blame for countless missed Blocking assignments or dropped balls or Oline not being able to sustained the Defensive line. Any Coach can only be expected to teach these skills and if they are not exucuted then it is what is is..Last night was game 5, we come back to this game 10 with everyone else’s 10 games results. North plays tougher competition than anyone in 13th Region, don’t believe me look at schedules. RPI.
(09-23-2023, 08:55 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2023, 02:46 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]We drove over for this game last night.    We came away thinking: You can not keep doing the same thing on offense over and over and expect a different outcome.  North Laurel has some kids that can run the ball, (they have proved it in the games I have seen) but they are not being utilized.  I don't have a roster and don't know names, (just # numbers) but the big kid that ran the ball just a couple of times early did well (yardage) then wham bam thank ya he was not used again.  Most stadium coaches where we were sitting said that he would have gotten the nod until they stopped him & then they would do something different, with #50, #28,#10, #8, or #11.  The defense is still stellar, they got disgusted and aggravated you could tell toward the end of the game and it showed up on the field.  The plays being called for the "O" are horrible!
Haha!! You tend to drive over a lot to these NL Games.. I just had the pleasure of watching the entire game on Lake Cumberland Sports. People lie, Film don’t!! If you’re gonna call out a coach for offensive struggles you should watch film. Appears last nights contest was a really good defensive battle the first half. 2nd half not so much. But had the Jags not allowed the deep pass to burn the corner in first half it would be different ballgame. Had the defense not allowed 28 points to be put on the board maybe a different outcome. I’m certain I seen four fumbles at the snap or handoff and two interceptions. Counted numerous missed blocking assignments on Offense without going into details etc. It appears to me the Head Coach is doing his job but I gotta question other position coaches. The papers read week in and week out about a struggling offense and yet every game is a dogfight. I did see a particular drive using power in a wishbone set and it was working well until the playcall went to a screen pass. The Coach is not to blame for countless missed Blocking assignments or dropped balls or Oline not being able to sustained the Defensive line. Any Coach can only be expected to teach these skills and if they are not exucuted then it is what is is..Last night was game 5, we come back to this game 10 with everyone else’s 10 games results. North plays tougher competition than anyone in 13th Region, don’t believe me look at schedules. RPI.
You have got to be kidding. Worst offensive play calling ever. They don’t do anything different but keep failing the same way with the talent to be better. They don’t have to be great just good enough to help that D win games. Schedule is fair but has the tougher schedule helped them with the Pulaskis? Doesnt appear to have helped much.
Haha!! You tend to drive over a lot to these NL Games.. I just had the pleasure of watching the entire game on Lake Cumberland Sports. People lie, Film don’t!! If you’re gonna call out a coach for offensive struggles you should watch film. Appears last nights contest was a really good defensive battle the first half. 2nd half not so much. But had the Jags not allowed the deep pass to burn the corner in first half it would be different ballgame. Had the defense not allowed 28 points to be put on the board maybe a different outcome. I’m certain I seen four fumbles at the snap or handoff and two interceptions. Counted numerous missed blocking assignments on Offense without going into details etc. It appears to me the Head Coach is doing his job but I gotta question other position coaches. The papers read week in and week out about a struggling offense and yet every game is a dogfight. I did see a particular drive using power in a wishbone set and it was working well until the playcall went to a screen pass. The Coach is not to blame for countless missed Blocking assignments or dropped balls or Oline not being able to sustained the Defensive line. Any Coach can only be expected to teach these skills and if they are not exucuted then it is what is is..Last night was game 5, we come back to this game 10 with everyone else’s 10 games results. North plays tougher competition than anyone in 13th Region, don’t believe me look at schedules. RPI
North definitely has a tougher schedule than most in the 13th but at the end of the day the teams they’ve played aren’t that good. They range from mediocre to slightly above average for their respected classes. The defense is good and that’s why the games have been respectable but you can’t expect to win the game when the defense is on the field 75% of the night. North’s offense can’t stay on the field long enough for the defensive players to catch their breath. The offense is stalled to the point that it’s an automatic 3 and out or a turnover. Scoring is out of the equation and that is absolutely the coaches fault. Like you mentioned, it’s game 5 and to be worse off than before game 1 is very concerning.
(09-24-2023, 02:26 AM)RingRingGoCats Wrote: [ -> ]
Haha!! You tend to drive over a lot to these NL Games.. I just had the pleasure of watching the entire game on Lake Cumberland Sports. People lie, Film don’t!! If you’re gonna call out a coach for offensive struggles you should watch film. Appears last nights contest was a really good defensive battle the first half. 2nd half not so much. But had the Jags not allowed the deep pass to burn the corner in first half it would be different ballgame. Had the defense not allowed 28 points to be put on the board maybe a different outcome. I’m certain I seen four fumbles at the snap or handoff and two interceptions. Counted numerous missed blocking assignments on Offense without going into details etc. It appears to me the Head Coach is doing his job but I gotta question other position coaches. The papers read week in and week out about a struggling offense and yet every game is a dogfight. I did see a particular drive using power in a wishbone set and it was working well until the playcall went to a screen pass. The Coach is not to blame for countless missed Blocking assignments or dropped balls or Oline not being able to sustained the Defensive line. Any Coach can only be expected to teach these skills and if they are not exucuted then it is what is is..Last night was game 5, we come back to this game 10 with everyone else’s 10 games results. North plays tougher competition than anyone in 13th Region, don’t believe me look at schedules. RPI
North definitely has a tougher schedule than most in the 13th but at the end of the day the teams they’ve played aren’t that good. They range from mediocre to slightly above average for their respected classes. The defense is good and that’s why the games have been respectable but you can’t expect to win the game when the defense is on the field 75% of the night. North’s offense can’t stay on the field long enough for the defensive players to catch their breath. The offense is stalled to the point that it’s an automatic 3 and out or a turnover. Scoring is out of the equation and that is absolutely the coaches fault. Like you mentioned, it’s game 5 and to be worse off than before game 1 is very concerning.
Let’s see. Bell County is undefeated and at the top in 3A, Franklin County top 4-5 in 4A, Southwestern a really good 5A team and a pretty good 4A Whitley County Team and throw in 6A Madison Central. So yeah all these teams are pretty dog gone good. RPI thinks great schedule. When I compare North Schedule to others in 13th Region I’m left in Aww as to the definite tougher scheduling Coach Chappell does compared to other teams. North ain’t tryna play all the 1A /2A teams that most are playing. The 3A team is obviously Bell County. What team you root for as I’d love to see that schedule..
(09-24-2023, 08:29 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2023, 02:26 AM)RingRingGoCats Wrote: [ -> ]
Let’s see. Bell County is undefeated and at the top in 3A, Franklin County top 4-5 in 4A, Southwestern a really good 5A team and a pretty good 4A Whitley County Team and throw in 6A Madison Central. So yeah all these teams are pretty dog gone good. RPI thinks great schedule. When I compare North Schedule to others in 13th Region I’m left in Aww as to the definite tougher scheduling Coach Chappell does compared to other teams. North ain’t tryna play all the 1A /2A teams that most are playing. The 3A team is obviously Bell County. What team you root for as I’d love to see that schedule..
And they have a losing record to show for it and are gradually getting worse offensively. The tough schedule is fine when it’s helping the team get better and preparing them for district play/ playoffs but this is just destroying the kid’s confidence. Like I said, those teams are not all that. The only reason this NL team isn’t putting up points and winning these games is because of whoever is responsible for the play calling. It’s also starting to seem like there are major personnel issues in regards to the backfield.
You said: Haha!! You tend to drive over a lot to these NL Games.. I just had the pleasure of watching the entire game on Lake Cumberland Sports. People lie, Film don’t!! If you’re gonna call out a coach for offensive struggles you should watch film.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yes, several of us get to every NL game we can this season, we have (2) buddies who have kids playing at NL & we have watched those kids since middle school. I don't know why I felt the need to explain that to you, but there I did. No clue why you would care?? I finally got to watch the film and I stand by what I said initially, along with a lot of other people on here as well as many in the stands. You need to understand, that I want the very best for NL. I am a NL fan and just pointing out what in my opinion I saw being the problem watching from the stands. If I stepped on your toes, sorry, but it's an open forum and as you know everyone has an opinion. I sincerely hope that everything turns around for NL offensively this week & they make what I said out to be a monster lie. GO JAGS!!!
NL defense isn't all that either, FCHS ran it down their throat... just fumbled after big gains.. team is over rated.
(09-24-2023, 06:18 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]You said: Haha!! You tend to drive over a lot to these NL Games.. I just had the pleasure of watching the entire game on Lake Cumberland Sports. People lie, Film don’t!! If you’re gonna call out a coach for offensive struggles you should watch film.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yes, several of us get to every NL game we can this season, we have (2) buddies who have kids playing at NL & we have watched those kids since middle school. I don't know why I felt the need to explain that to you, but there I did.  No clue why you would care??    I finally got to watch the film and I stand by what I said initially, along with a lot of other people on here as well as many in the stands. You need to understand, that I want the very best for NL.  I am a NL fan and just pointing out what in my opinion I saw being the problem watching from the stands.  If I stepped on your toes, sorry, but it's an open forum and as you know everyone has an opinion.  I sincerely hope that everything turns around for NL offensively this week & they make what I said out to be a monster lie.  GO JAGS!!!
You didn’t step on my toes at all..I just know from the two games I’ve watched on Lake Cumberland Sports network and the North Laurel Jaguars Nation feed on Facebook that the playcalling ain’t the problem. I hope Jason Chappell gets the offensive struggles under control as he’s definitely a great coach and a good friend and I wish we had him on our staff..
(09-27-2023, 02:05 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]NL defense isn't all that either, FCHS ran it down their throat... just fumbled  after big gains.. team is over rated.

I've never been a North Laurel fan. Their defense is good and they are not overrated. Nobody ran  it down their throats. Your team only had 100 yards rushing total. You're talking out your A$$.
We laid an egg... but we left three scores out there with basically 5 uncontested fumbles. I just didn't leave the stands that day thinking man there is a great defensive team. More a man we should have scored 35 on them. But have it your way man they are awesome.
(09-28-2023, 10:56 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]We laid an egg... but we left three scores out there with basically 5 uncontested fumbles. I just didn't leave the stands that day thinking man there is a great defensive team. More a man we should have scored 35 on them. But have it your way man they are awesome.

Your team only had 178 total yards. shoulda woulda coulda but didn't. I don't even like them, but you have diarrhea of  the mouth saying they have no defense.
(09-28-2023, 10:26 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2023, 02:05 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]NL defense isn't all that either, FCHS ran it down their throat... just fumbled  after big gains.. team is over rated.

I've never been a North Laurel fan. Their defense is good and they are not overrated. Nobody ran  it down their throats. Your team only had 100 yards rushing total. You're talking out your A$$.

(09-28-2023, 11:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2023, 10:56 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]We laid an egg... but we left three scores out there with basically 5 uncontested fumbles. I just didn't leave the stands that day thinking man there is a great defensive team. More a man we should have scored 35 on them. But have it your way man they are awesome.

Your team only had 178 total yards. shoulda woulda coulda but didn't. I don't even like them, but you have diarrhea of  the mouth saying they have no defense.
Sounds good bud! You got a big mouth yourself, wear that keyboard out bud!
(09-29-2023, 09:43 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]

I actually don't waste words Believe me . I won't have a problem giving you the truth in person A$$ tawker.
(09-29-2023, 04:02 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

I actually don't waste words Believe me . I won't have a problem giving you the truth in person A$$ tawker.
I think I found  your truth! HAHAHA,
(10-01-2023, 03:12 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2023, 04:02 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

I think I found  your truth! HAHAHA,
Come to the Light.