Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 58 Cooper 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final at Union.
Congratulations Highlands!!
Is this score right ? Haha
I do t think I’ve ever seen a 58-51 final score.
Highlands just way better upfront, essentially just ran inside trap with them alternating between the QB and RB.

Highlands offense last night 652 total yards (233 pass, 419 rush)

Cooper new they couldn't match up upfront with HHS. So they went with an empty backfield most of the night with a quick passing game. Cooper would also in their empty set have 4 WR's on one side to isolate usually Alexander on the backside. No way a high school CB is going to be able to contain him to much size power and speed. Then when they wanted to go to the other side to their other talented WR, they would get him isolated with the DB also.

Cooper offense last night 542 total yards (555 pass, -13 rush)
I saw somewhere that this was the 925th win in school history and it ranks 5th in most wins in America. That's impressive.
(09-23-2023, 11:36 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I saw somewhere that this was the 925th win in school history and it ranks 5th in most wins in America. That's impressive.

you should see the list. It’s owned by Kentucky schools like mayfield and manual. 

fwiw, had highlands not started slumping around 10 years ago and stayed on the same path they were on on the 00s, then they would have pretty much caught up with Valdosta by now. I still think they will eventually. They’ll have the most wins in America at some point