Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 25 Breathitt 21 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Letcher 25
Breathitt 21

Breathitts stupid penalties and poor coaching beats bobcats again. It's the same story every week.

If I were Coach Moore I would suspend or kick off the team these players that are getting these stupid penalties every week.

I saw at least 3 more that could have easily been called.
It’s always been part of the culture there. When they’re winning; it’s talk with pads and talk smack. When they are losing it’s break out the thug life….
That was a total system failure

Were they trying to lose the game on purpose?
Embarrassing!
This was a big win for these young cougars. Breathitt definitely made some crazy mistakes that helped letcher.If letcher would run the right players they would be so much better.
(09-22-2023, 11:15 PM)HollerRat Wrote: [ -> ]That was a total system failure

Were they trying to lose the game on purpose?

please elaborate
Sperry lays another egg!!!
Coaching staff clueless!!!!
No qb play!!!!
Bonehead plays!!!
Parents still thinking they can win a state title!!!
Defense giving up 28pts a game!!
Bottom line Breathitt sucks period poooo!!!
(09-22-2023, 11:13 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]It’s always been part of the culture there.  When they’re winning; it’s talk with pads and talk smack.  When they are losing it’s break out the thug life….
I agree with you for the Moore era but it was not always like this.  I was on sidelines for many years during Holcomb's tenure and saw him take boys out, even stars, when they got stupid penalties. You cannot blame a coach for the 1st penalty and maybe even the 2nd but when it is happening multiple times each game with mostly the same boys that is on Coach Moore. As a lifelong bobcat it is embarrassing to see the behavior of this years team.

Just like in last years LCC game. Breathitt with lead at half. LCC makes adjustments Breathitt don't. LCC dominated 2nd half.

That defense on the last 2 drives was horrible. QB had all day to throw just sat back and picked apart a suspect secondary at best. If you're not getting pressure send a blitz but they rush 3. That last drive QB had 8 sec to throw.
Sperry might as well quit. I don't blame him QB can't get him the ball.

(09-23-2023, 08:27 AM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2023, 11:13 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]It’s always been part of the culture there.  When they’re winning; it’s talk with pads and talk smack.  When they are losing it’s break out the thug life….
I agree with you for the Moore era but it was not always like this.  I was on sidelines for many years during Holcomb's tenure and saw him take boys out, even stars, when they got stupid penalties. You cannot blame a coach for the 1st penalty and maybe even the 2nd but when it is happening multiple times each game with mostly the same boys that is on Coach Moore. As a lifelong bobcat it is embarrassing to see the behavior of this years team.

Just like in last years LCC game. Breathitt with lead at half. LCC makes adjustments Breathitt don't. LCC dominated 2nd half.

That defense on the last 2 drives was horrible. QB had all day to throw just sat back and picked apart a suspect secondary at best. If you're not getting pressure send a blitz but they rush 3. That last drive QB had 8 sec to throw.
Sperry might as well quit. I don't blame him QB can't get him the ball.
I would like to see him get the ball on a couple jet sweeps a game and maybe a bubble screen or 2. Kid is by far you're best playmaker but if you can't get him the ball he's useless
This is from a LCC fan. Breathitt completely gave that game away last night. Getting that manny blatant personal fouls on crucial drives is just inexcusable. On 1 play Breathitt had 4 personal fouls and gave 60 yards away when they was completely in control of the game.
WOW! 60 yards is more than a lot of high schools can sustain an offensive drive without a mistake or miscue. Coaches may need to sit some guys and prove a point. They aren’t winning with them; so, they can lose without them. It’s tough when you try to mold young men that you didn’t raise, personally. Some times kids need discipline to learn, and they may not be getting it anywhere else.
(09-23-2023, 01:10 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]WOW!  60 yards is more than a lot of high schools can sustain an offensive drive without a mistake or miscue.  Coaches may need to sit some guys and prove a point.  They aren’t winning with them; so, they can lose without them.  It’s tough when you try to mold young men that you didn’t raise, personally.  Some times kids need discipline to learn, and they may not be getting it anywhere else.

I totally agree with everything you said. I would suspend at least 3 players. Every week the same guys are getting these penalties. On one drive penalties moved the ball from the 47 to the 2. No excuse for that.
Hearing one of them boys quit the team.. any truth to that or just high emotions?
Embarrassing. Something has to be done.
(09-24-2023, 03:17 AM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing one of them boys quit the team.. any truth to that or just high emotions?

Not heard that. Who?
Said it many times this year. Just pathetic. Another choke job, another week of just being undisciplined with stupid penalties. Will things ever change I don’t believe so.
It’s a shame with the talent they have that they put this product on the field and I for one hope they get it straightened out
(09-25-2023, 01:54 PM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2023, 03:17 AM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing one of them boys quit the team.. any truth to that or just high emotions?

Not heard that. Who?

Heard the Tincher kid. Today I heard Sperry had quit. But who knows it’s all talk.
Targeting Austin is a big key, he has to touch the ball more. In order for us to compete at high level the of the season.
He cant catch it if he is targeted!!!