Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 56 Lexington Catholic 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final Boyle dominated the 2nd half in the win. Boyle rattled of 42 unanswered in the win.
Rivals are hard to beat. Never fails they play above themselves..
Congratulations Boyle!!!!
Congrats Boyle on a good win, the officiating was terrible the officials directly affected every point Catholic scored Boyle had 14 penalties for 155 yards, Catholic had 55 yards in penalties and if what Boyle done was struggle I’ll take it!!!
Tale of 2 halves. 14-14 first half and 42-7 second half. Avery Bodner had like 5 tackles for a loss and Bixler did a fine job tackling on his first game with Boyle.

Win, no injuries, and move on to the next opponent.
(09-22-2023, 11:27 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Boyle on a good win, the officiating was terrible the officials directly affected every point Catholic scored Boyle had 14 penalties for 155 yards, Catholic had 55 yards in penalties and if what Boyle done was struggle I’ll take it!!!
Yeah they were horrible lol. False start, targeting, blindside block, late hit on qb were all good calls by the refs.
(09-23-2023, 12:04 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]Tale of 2 halves.  14-14 first half and 42-7 second half.  Avery Bodner had like 5 tackles for a loss and Bixler did a fine job tackling on his first game with Boyle. 

Did bixler play ?????
(09-23-2023, 01:22 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2023, 12:04 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]Tale of 2 halves.  14-14 first half and 42-7 second half.  Avery Bodner had like 5 tackles for a loss and Bixler did a fine job tackling on his first game with Boyle. 

Did bixler play ?????
Yes, He play a great second half
Congratulations Boyle County. Beat Catholic by 35, Hounds beat Catholic by 20, so if this is any indication of Corbin/Boyle game might go then we be in trouble.
(09-23-2023, 01:40 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Boyle County. Beat Catholic by 35, Hounds beat Catholic by 20, so if this is any indication of Corbin/Boyle game might go then we be in trouble.
I wouldn’t pay much thought into scores like that. So many variables affect games. But I’m starting to get the feeling that boyle will by far have the best offensive that we might see and we will by far have the best defense they might face. Honestly the first few weeks I thought they’d beat us by 3-4 TDs. I don’t think that any longer. But they’ll be plenty of time to talk about hypothetical games… for the one at hand however….

I didn’t pay a whole lot of attention to what jack mentioned about penalties and yards. But I did think the refs weren’t great. But I think they weren’t great for both teams. Several holding and blocks in the back were missed or weren’t called against catholic. Flags that would have made a difference. But at the same time they gave boyle a first down that shouldn’t have been close judging by where the ball was when his knee went down. But they’re HS refs. It’s gonna happen. Both teams fought through it, thats what mattered. Catholic is a good team, no one is gonna come in and slap them around. They have a great passing game and a good runner to switch it up. Boyle struggled a little in that first half to hold them back. But they opened it up on them in the 2nd. The rebels special teams can literally take over a ball game. Not just points, but momentum!! But the 2 main tbings I saw, boyle is definitely beatable, they have some holes in their D. Not throwing shade, every team has weaknesses. The second, they can light up the score board if you aren’t careful. If I had to pick a team to put up 21 in 10 minutes or less. I’m taking them!!
Boyle has a lot of work to do on defense. That
defense is not championship caliber. Offensively, they look almost unstoppable, though.
I am confident Boyle will improve on what needs fixing before playoffs. This is two times at home a team has come in and punched them right on the chin. Two times they have been down in a game and responded. That helps later. They’ve got another great test 10/27 when they go to Douglass.
No way can we stop Boyle from scoring. Haddix is a play station 7 and Greer is a pin ball machine.

However. Elam will score too. Boyle gives him 6 seconds to find an open receiver.

Also. One key thing we are overlooking here. Haddix makes adjustments. I can promise you 99/0 will not be a factor for him offensively for very long.
Boyle got excuses even when they win big.
(09-23-2023, 07:23 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle has a lot of work to do on defense. That
defense is not championship caliber.  Offensively, they look almost unstoppable, though.
I agree but it’s good to play teams to show you your weekness.  I still say the 2021 team would not have won a state title had they not been exposed from the LCA game that year.  

It’s starting to look more and more likely a 3rd. round matchup is going to take place with Corbin.  That’s 8 weeks away.
(09-23-2023, 10:18 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle got excuses even when they win big.
Tell us about your team smoke? We would smoke that hind end.  Hahah
(09-23-2023, 01:40 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Boyle County. Beat Catholic by 35, Hounds beat Catholic by 20, so if this is any indication of Corbin/Boyle game might go then we be in trouble.
Bull crap!!!   Catholic led Boyle early in the 3rd. Corbin was never EVER threatened by Catholic in Lexington. If not for the fumble return for the TD they might not have scored vs Corbin.  Catholic gets up a TD over Boyle and then kicks the ball to Quisenberry from some odd reason, changing the momentum of the game.  If the Nov. 17 Corbin-Boyle game is at Corbin, it could be one of the all-time classics. Coach H and Sweet Melissa could be leaving town in tears.
(09-23-2023, 10:42 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
Bull crap!!!   Catholic led Boyle early in the 3rd. Corbin was never EVER threatened by Catholic in Lexington. If not for the fumble return for the TD they might not have scored vs Corbin.  Catholic gets up a TD over Boyle and then kicks the ball to Quisenberry from some odd reason, changing the momentum of the game.  If the Nov. 17 Corbin-Boyle game is at Corbin, it could be one of the all-time classics. Coach H and Sweet Melissa could be leaving town in tears.
Are you PJ little Doug? Corbin dropped in the RPI even more last night. Very little chance Boyle comes to Corbin. Even less chance the coach and his wife leaves the game with anything but Happy tears and mad Corbin parents to post on Facebook again. 

Our offense isn’t even in the same universe as Boyle.  Neither is the overall team speed.   We will have no answer to the quick plays outside.  Also.   Boyle finally got another defensive player approved from the portal.  Took him 6 more games to get approved than the kids from Connecticut.  He played the second half last night. 

Old school, I may contact a few people that I know and see about getting you an autographed Football signed by.  Justin Haddix, Melissa Haddix, Montavian Quissenberry, Demuriah Brown, Sage Dawson, Avery Bodner, Geordon Brown. Maybe you can put it beside your 100 year Maroon Jersey , game program, and ticket. With a quote “maybe next year”.
Lmfao …….
(09-23-2023, 11:03 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]
Are you PJ little Doug? Corbin dropped in the RPI even more last night. Very little chance Boyle comes to Corbin. Even less chance the coach and his wife leaves the game with anything but Happy tears and mad Corbin parents to post on Facebook again. 

Our offense isn’t even in the same universe as Boyle.  Neither is the overall team speed.   We will have no answer to the quick plays outside.  Also.   Boyle finally got another defensive player approved from the portal.  Took him 6 more games to get approved than the kids from Connecticut.  He played the second half last night. 

Old school, I may contact a few people that I know and see about getting you an autographed Football signed by.  Justin Haddix, Melissa Haddix, Montavian Quissenberry, Demuriah Brown, Sage Dawson, Avery Bodner, Geordon Brown. Maybe you can put it beside your 100 year Maroon Jersey , game program, and ticket. With a quote “maybe next year”.
If you’re giving footballs out, will you get me one as well? I’ll just take Q’s.
I don’t know who said it, but adjustments are key. And haddix knows that area very well!
(09-23-2023, 11:03 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]

Say what you want about my cousin(Dougie). but he is a diehard Colonel fan. He's never gonna dump all over his Colonels because of some man crush on another school's coach. Not only that , but I have never heard Dougie say anything bot good things about the Corbin team. He's always giving them big time props. In fact, he's one of the few on here who has said Corbin is the team to beat in 4A. Some of the lukewarm Corbin "fans" on here could learn a lesson from Dougie.
Boyle County has an explosive offense. Will they face a tougher defense than Corbin has? Can they stop Corbin's offense? I know Corbin's offense is a little better than it looked against Frederick Douglass.
Congratulations Boyle!
Here is my point I’m trying to drive home. Every Boyle thread there are a few people in here that 100% try to make it about Corbin gonna win. Well we haven’t since 1982 and we call a win every year. I don’t. We aren’t winning $hit as long as we have the leaders of our team that we do presently.

1982. Let that sink in. Also the Boyle people love living rent free in the old hounds heads. Give it a rest. Let’s win a championship after 41 years before we act like we can do something we haven’t. How many other teams get on here and act like they are 4A state champs when they haven’t won $hit
(09-23-2023, 12:33 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my point I’m trying to drive home.  Every Boyle thread there are a few people in here that 100% try to make it about Corbin gonna win.  Well we haven’t since 1982 and we call a win every year.  I don’t.    We aren’t winning $hit as long as we have the leaders of our team that we do presently. 

1982. Let that sink in.  Also the Boyle people love living rent free in the old hounds heads.  Give it a rest.  Let’s win a championship after 41 years before we act like we can do something we haven’t.  How many other teams get on here and act like they are 4A state champs when they haven’t won $hit
Amen. 

Not every thread needs to be about Corbin.
Congrats Rebels. There is really nobody I would rather beat than LexCath. If you made me choose between losing to Danville or losing to LexCath and we HAD to lose one of them I would rather lose to Danville.

Way to go Rebels. Hate that we don't get to beat them again in the playoffs.
Congratulations Boyle County and Coach Haddix and the……ROAD RUNNING REBELS
(09-23-2023, 10:42 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2023, 10:18 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle got excuses even when they win big.
Tell us about your team smoke? We would smoke that hind end.  Hahah
I'm a free agent.  Smile
(09-23-2023, 12:33 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my point I’m trying to drive home.  Every Boyle thread there are a few people in here that 100% try to make it about Corbin gonna win.  Well we haven’t since 1982 and we call a win every year.  I don’t.    We aren’t winning $hit as long as we have the leaders of our team that we do presently. 

1982. Let that sink in.  Also the Boyle people love living rent free in the old hounds heads.  Give it a rest.  Let’s win a championship after 41 years before we act like we can do something we haven’t.  How many other teams get on here and act like they are 4A state champs when they haven’t won $hit

What Corbin fans act like they've won something or are destined to win something? Please name names. No Corbin fans have bragged about beating Boyle or winning a title. There have been tepid Corbin fans, however, that have trumped up Boyle as if their crowning again as 4A champ  is a foregone conclusion. Are they 6 or 7 TD favorites by now? I've lost count.  If they have to come to Corbin on the 17th of the 11th month , it will be a very VERY good game. Probably decided late in the 4th quarter. And IF Boyle loses(which, to their credit, they rarely do), the excuses from their fans will flow like the beer at a fraternity keg party.
Pages: 1 2