Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cathedral (IN) 28 Frederick Douglass 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final Douglass played better on offense this week but three 2nd half turnovers did them in.
I guess the recruiting class is a bit down this season for the bio med school or is it because they don’t have to play the other 5 Lexington public schools, Grant Co, MoCo and other cupcake teams?
Congratulations Cathedral!!
The thing about the recruiting is it was actually encouraged when the school was first opened to get its enrollment up to open it.

Is it still going on?

I know they have Carter G. and all Lexington schools have magnet programs.

I don’t understand how it’s NOT racist to have a school program set aside only for one race-OR- how it’s not sexist to have a STEM program just for one gender….but they do it in FCPS.
Douglass is a really good football team. Some turnovers and a couple of bad breaks hurt them tonight. They could have won this one against a really good team. They were missing some key players on both sides of the ball , as well.  They will be a tough out, come November.  I did think their offense looked better against Cathedral than it did against Corbin.  What a brutal schedule the Broncos have played...   Archbishop Hoban, @ Trinity, @  Corbin, Cathedral ... Geez O Pete!!!    Woah

(09-23-2023, 10:09 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]The thing about the recruiting is it was actually encouraged when the school was first opened to get its enrollment up to open it.

Is it still going on?

I know they have Carter G.  and all Lexington schools have magnet programs.

I don’t understand how it’s NOT racist to have a school program set aside only for one race-OR- how it’s not sexist to have a STEM program just for one gender….but they do it in FCPS.

You don't understand a lot of things...
True! And that is one of many. I’m just a simpleton who believes you get what you get on merit and hard work. Kinda what Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. used to talk about-character not color. You probably wouldn’t UNDERSTAND though.
(09-23-2023, 10:09 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]The thing about the recruiting is it was actually encouraged when the school was first opened to get its enrollment up to open it.

Is it still going on?

I know they have Carter G. and all Lexington schools have magnet programs.

I am not sure if you know I guess not they do have a school for all girls only in Fayette as well.
Props to Freddy for the tough schedule that they are playing this season.
(09-23-2023, 09:27 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it still going on?

I am not sure if you know I guess not they do have a school for all girls only in Fayette as well.

Yes, STEM PROGRAM.  Boys could NEVER benefit from something like that!  Bahahahahaha
(09-24-2023, 08:33 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it still going on?

Yes, STEM PROGRAM.  Boys could NEVER benefit from something like that!  Bahahahahaha

Boys like you definitely couldn't!!!
No, because I don’t whine and cry about not winning a state title and then use PRIVILEGE to circumvent the rules to try and make it happen. There’s no hope for me; I’m just a grown MAN that works hard, pays my debts, and tries to contribute to society.

Is it still going on?

They also have a STEAM Academy for all students and all races it is a 9-12 school that currently has over 400 students in the program.
(09-24-2023, 03:52 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it still going on?

They also have a STEAM Academy for all students and all races it is a 9-12 school that currently has over 400 students in the program.
Douglass is a fine school with fine academic and athletic programs. People are jealous as hell.
(09-24-2023, 09:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2023, 03:52 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it still going on?

Douglass is a fine school with fine academic and athletic programs. People are jealous as hell.

I am a fan of Freddie D. They won me over last year. I think they are well coached team. McPeek is a dandy! They play hard!
I agree! I like Gary, too!!

Frederick Douglass is a MODEL for promoting their athletes and getting them looked at by colleges. I wouldn’t blame any HS kid for wanting to play there.