Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel vs Southwestern 9/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
North Laurel (2-2)
Aug 18, 23 Bell County home (L) 7 - 19 
Aug 25, 23 Whitley County away (W) 19 - 7 
Sep 1, 23 Franklin County home (L) 6 - 13 
Sep 8, 23 Madison Central home (W) 14 - 7

Southwestern (2-2)
Aug 18, 23 Ballard (L) 34 - 41 
Sep 1, 23 South Warren home (L) 28 - 46 
Sep 8, 23 Belfry away (W) 27 - 20 
Sep 15, 23 Mercer County away (W) 42 - 7 Whitaker Bank Game

Recent History
Sep 28, 2001 Southwestern 48 North Laurel 0
Oct 4, 2002 Southwestern 57 North Laurel 19
Oct 7, 2011 Southwestern 56 North Laurel 0
Oct 5, 2012 North Laurel 17 Southwestern 7
Sep 26, 2013 North Laurel 21 Southwestern 14
Sep 26, 2014 Southwestern 27 North Laurel 26
Nov 14, 2014 Southwestern 41 North Laurel 7 2014 Class 5A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 13, 2015 North Laurel 17 Southwestern 7 2015 Class 5A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 11, 2016 Southwestern 41 North Laurel 21 2016 Class 5A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Oct 4, 2019 North Laurel 21 Southwestern 13
Oct 2, 2020 Southwestern 28 North Laurel 12
Oct 1, 2021 Southwestern 32 North Laurel 7
Sep 30, 2022 Southwestern 27 North Laurel 13
Nov 11, 2022 Southwestern 35 North Laurel 7 2022 Class 5A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
Hmmmmmm.... Smile 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9665789]
I think it's closer than in the past but I'll take SW by 10.
Smile I think this one will come down to who wants is more. North and Southwestern in a war....

[Image: giphy.gif]
North is allowing only 11 points per game while SW has scored at least 27 in all of their games. Coming off an impressive win over Mercer, I look for the Warriors to roll at home. 

Southwestern 28
North Laurel 7
We've said the last two years this game would be close and it never is. Don't think it will be this year either.
(09-19-2023, 08:53 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]We've said the last two years this game would be close and it never is. Don't think it will be this year either.

It actually was in the first meeting last season. I was in attendance and saw it. North played very well and it was a good game.
Southwestern lost battles to very very good teams. North can keep it a battle and close but SW wins at home. 28-13.
North, has the horses on defense to keep them from scoring, now if they can just figure out a new plan to put some points on the board without doing the same old same old, NL could come away with the "W" in this one!
I heard a new plan from the Pentagon was in place.  Smile
I expect this one to be a good one.
SW by 2-3 scores.
(09-19-2023, 08:56 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2023, 08:53 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]We've said the last two years this game would be close and it never is. Don't think it will be this year either.

It actually was in the first meeting last season. I was in attendance and saw it. North played very well and it was a good game.

I was too, I thought it was a good game but from my perspective it never felt like the game was in danger.
(09-19-2023, 03:29 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]

I was too, I thought it was a good game but from my perspective it never felt like the game was in danger.

Actually North went for 2 and could have taken the lead. And didn’t get it. 1 point ballgame. So it was a battle to the end and then I think there was a fumble and Southwestern took advantage and really that was the difference in that first meeting. I think North has proven they can play with anyone. They just need to get over that bump and then it’s all down hill the rest of the season. They can come away with a bunch of wins if they play their cards right.
(09-19-2023, 03:33 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2023, 03:29 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually North went for 2 and could have taken the lead. And didn’t get it. 1 point ballgame. So it was a battle to the end and then I think there was a fumble and Southwestern took advantage and really that was the difference in that first meeting. I think North has proven they can play with anyone. They just need to get over that bump and then it’s all down hill the rest of the season. They can come away with a bunch of wins if they play their cards right.

I've heard since this super senior class that were the almighty KYMSFA CHAMPS in middle school they've been waiting to unthrone the Pulaski County Schools.. since they are 0-9. Maybe they're playing with a losing deck of cards!
I’m a fan of some of these kids on North. I know they have been working hard and putting in different stuff this week. This is the biggest game on their schedule. I think they will play hard. We will see what happens.
[Image: 5d49766001be4.image.jpg?resize=568%2C630]

Pulling for North Laurel.... Smile
42-14 warriors
SW 35 NL 10
North Laurel has scored 46 points all season, Southwestern has scored at least 27 points in every game against a better schedule. The Jaguars don't have the offense to hang in this one. Southwestern 35-14.
(09-19-2023, 11:52 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]North Laurel has scored 46 points all season, Southwestern has scored at least 27 points in every game against a better schedule.  The Jaguars don't have the offense to hang in this one.  Southwestern 35-14.

Offense at North Laurel scored 46 points in four games and the four opponents scored 46 points in four games. North Laurel is #4 in RPI in 5A. North has been in some defensive battles much like the Frederick Douglas vs Corbin game. Coach Jason Chappell does a great job with his teams offense. I feel certain that Coach Chappell gets North Laurel prepared to win against Southwestern and remainder of season. Can’t vote against a man of Chappell’s character and integrity. Everyone should pull for 13th Region teams when playing out of Region teams, however, people love to see our Region teams lose against out of Region teams. Good luck goes out to Jason Chappell and his team. North Laurel wins 21-14 in a barn burner.

(09-20-2023, 09:40 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2023, 11:52 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]North Laurel has scored 46 points all season, Southwestern has scored at least 27 points in every game against a better schedule.  The Jaguars don't have the offense to hang in this one.  Southwestern 35-14.

Offense at North Laurel scored 46 points in four games and the four opponents scored 46 points in four games. North Laurel is #4 in RPI in 5A. North has been in some defensive battles much like the Frederick Douglas vs Corbin game. Coach Jason Chappell does a great job with his teams offense. I feel certain that Coach Chappell gets North Laurel prepared to win against Southwestern and remainder of season. Can’t vote against a man of Chappell’s character and integrity. Everyone should pull for 13th Region teams when playing out of Region teams, however, people love to see our Region teams lose against out of Region teams. Good luck goes out to Jason Chappell and his team. North Laurel wins 21-14 in a barn burner.
Put up or shut up game for both teams.
I’m not sure what NL did during their bye week but if they didn’t completely reconstruct their offense, they aren’t winning this game. If the defense can hold the warriors to less than 20 points they have a chance, if not it could be a long night for the Jaguars.

As for the reply speaking on Chappell’s character, being a nice guy doesn’t make you a good coach. We will see what the Jags are made of and what kind of coach Chappell really is come Friday night.
I still don’t understand the RPI…….with that said

Southwestern 42
North Laurel 13
I think the game will be tight through out but southwestern to pull away late 35-14

Well, North Laurel has still scored 46 points--but this time in 5 games.  They got shut out by the Warriors.  Southwestern won 28-0 tonight.  I hope this doesn't hurt the Jags RPI too badly.
Shocker the final of this one!
(09-20-2023, 01:59 PM)RingRingGoCats Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure what NL did during their bye week but if they didn’t completely reconstruct their offense, they aren’t winning this game. If the defense can hold the warriors to less than 20 points they have a chance, if not it could be a long night for the Jaguars.

As for the reply speaking on Chappell’s character, being a nice guy doesn’t make you a good coach. We will see what the Jags are made of and what kind of coach Chappell really is come Friday night.
Verdict is in… not a good one.
(09-23-2023, 11:25 AM)RingRingGoCats Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2023, 01:59 PM)RingRingGoCats Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure what NL did during their bye week but if they didn’t completely reconstruct their offense, they aren’t winning this game. If the defense can hold the warriors to less than 20 points they have a chance, if not it could be a long night for the Jaguars.

Verdict is in… not a good one.
You can not keep doing the same thing on offense over and over and expect a different outcome in my 
opinion.  North Laurel has some kids that can run the ball, (they have proved it in the games I have seen)
but they are not being utilized.  I don't have a roster and don't know names, (just # numbers) but the big
kid that ran the ball just a couple of times early did well (yardage) then wham bam thank ya he was not used
again.   Most stadium coaches where we were sitting said that he would have gotten the nod until they stopped
him & then they would do something different, with #50, #28,#10, #8, or #11.   The defense is still stellar,
they got disgusted and aggravated you could tell toward the end of the game and it showed up on the field. 
If they could ever get that offense figured out they could still end up a decent team.

team.