Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County vs Johnson Central 9/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boyd County (2-2)
Aug 18, 23 South Point, OH away (W) 46 - 7 
Aug 25, 23 Bell County home (L) 41 - 60 
Sep 1, 23 East Carter home (L) 28 - 33 
Sep 8, 23 Mason County away (W) 45 - 21

Johnson Central (3-2)
Aug 18, 23 Madison Central home (W) 28 - 21 Hutch Bowl 
Aug 26, 23 Pikeville away (L) 14 - 21  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Belfry away (L) 20 - 48  ARH Bowl 
Sep 8, 23 Breathitt County home (W) 41 - 0 
Sep 15, 23 Dohn Community (Cincinnati), OH away (W) 34 - 6

Recent History
Oct 29, 1999 Boyd County 21 Johnson Central 15 District game
Oct 27, 2000 Johnson Central 14 Boyd County 12 (District Game)
Aug 31, 2001 Boyd County 45 Johnson Central 0
Sep 6, 2002 Boyd County 30 Johnson Central 0
Sep 23, 2005 Johnson Central 47 Boyd County 27
Sep 22, 2006 Johnson Central 63 Boyd County 12
Nov 3, 2006 Johnson Central 50 Boyd County 6 2006 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Sep 23, 2011 Johnson Central 51 Boyd County 20
Sep 21, 2012 Johnson Central 37 Boyd County 6
Sep 27, 2013 Johnson Central 69 Boyd County 14
Sep 26, 2014 Johnson Central 64 Boyd County 19
Sep 25, 2015 Johnson Central 59 Boyd County 12
Sep 23, 2016 Johnson Central 56 Boyd County 0
Sep 22, 2017 Johnson Central 58 Boyd County 0
Sep 21, 2018 Johnson Central 48 Boyd County 7

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6d6a656543
Going with Johnson Central
Hmmmmmmmm....... Smile

JC rolls....

[Image: Animated_Text_Golden_Eagles.gif]
JC by a minimum of 3 TD's.
Boyd County has not shown the ability to be tough and tackle. I would imagine this would be a problem against Johnson Central. I thought Boyd would be better than they've been. I agree with the Nature Boy. Even though Johnson Central isn't great this year for whatever reason (injury excuses), they'll still win by 21.
(09-17-2023, 02:39 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Boyd County has not shown the ability to be tough and tackle.  I would imagine this would be a problem against Johnson Central.  I thought Boyd would be better than they've been.  I agree with the Nature Boy.  Even though Johnson Central isn't great this year for whatever reason (injury excuses), they'll still win by 21.

Smile They have had injuries from what I have heard.
If Johnson Central's running backs stay healthy, then they should win this game with a running clock.
4A get ready for Johnson Central…………..That’s all folk’s
(09-17-2023, 02:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2023, 02:39 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Boyd County has not shown the ability to be tough and tackle.  I would imagine this would be a problem against Johnson Central.  I thought Boyd would be better than they've been.  I agree with the Nature Boy.  Even though Johnson Central isn't great this year for whatever reason (injury excuses), they'll still win by 21.

You laughing at kids being injured?
(09-18-2023, 12:32 AM)Nygfan106wins Wrote: [ -> ]

Smile I put a smiley face on all my post. JC I have a lot of respect for.  I pray for JC kids like I do my own. I posted that because I don’t think they are down like the above poster was implying. I knew they had injuries and that was giving a false representation on the scoreboards. JC will be fine when healthy.
I just said "injury excuses" because the games missed by "key" players seems to be ridiculous this season. Not just for Johnson Central. It seems like every game that occurs, missing player(s) are usually the excuse for the losing side this year. Johnson Central lost but they didn't have McCoart. Belfry lost but they didn't have Varney. Pikeville lost but they didn't have Anthony. In the 16th region, Ashland has lost their QB Strader for at least a few games. Russell just lost their RB Richardson-Crews for the season.

I don't believe I've ever seen so many injuries to "key" players. Maybe it's just bad luck? I don't know. Seems strange, but maybe the teams that can show up healthy at the end will be the teams that win.
(09-18-2023, 08:48 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]I just said "injury excuses" because the games missed by "key" players seems to be ridiculous this season.  Not just for Johnson Central.  It seems like every game that occurs, missing player(s) are usually the excuse for the losing side this year.  Johnson Central lost but they didn't have McCoart.  Belfry lost but they didn't have Varney.  Pikeville lost but they didn't have Anthony.  In the 16th region, Ashland has lost their QB Strader for at least a few games.  Russell just lost their RB Richardson-Crews for the season.

I don't believe I've ever seen so many injuries to "key" players.  Maybe it's just bad luck?  I don't know.  Seems strange, but maybe the teams that can show up healthy at the end will be the teams that win.

Smile I watch alot of those games and I'll tell you from my point of view. When a key player or role player is out, that team suffers. Its no excuse. They need all hands on deck. I watched the Boyd game vs Bell County and was impressed with Boyds offense. Now tell me who would have won that game if Bells Thomas was out? Thats how I look at it. Its not excuses. Its a much needed weapon on the field. When a team doesn't have a heavy class of weapons, a key injury to one is hard to overcome.
(09-18-2023, 07:54 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Smile I put a smiley face on all my post. JC I have a lot of respect for.  I pray for JC kids like I do my own. I posted that because I don’t think they are down like the above poster was implying. I knew they had injuries and that was giving a false representation on the scoreboards. JC will be fine when healthy.
I didn’t think you would be. That doesn’t seem like you at all. Injuries are bad. Lost our best RB and Dlineman in the first half of the first game of the season. Then lose the 2nd and 3rd back in the first Half of the second game. They both missed the 3rd. But are back now.
(09-18-2023, 09:33 AM)Nygfan106wins Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2023, 07:54 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn’t think you would be. That doesn’t seem like you at all. Injuries are bad. Lost our best RB and Dlineman in the first half of the first game of the season. Then lose the 2nd and 3rd back in the first Half of the second game. They both missed the 3rd. But are back now.

Smile  I'm all about the kids. I hate a injury. I have gone through it as a parent. Mine had surgery. Thats the one thing I wished wasn't part of the game. When I watched film of the JC team, the one thing I like is the fundamentals teaching of blocking. I tell a lot of people over this way, them JC coaches know what they are doing. I saw Jesse Peck in Lexington last year in the 4A title game and complimented him on a fine season last year. He will remember. I'm as big of a fan of JC as I am anyone. I like good football and I thought Johnson Central was well prepared last season and Coach Peck did a heck of a job. JC is the Gold standard of the mountains. JCs, Pikevilles, Belfrys, man.. You got to bring it when you play the Gold Standards..
Boyd Co has scored some points this season, better hope to just score in this one though.
50-21 Johnson Central could see this one being closer, but the JC boys pick up the W regardless.
Bump
I think JC will win this one but think it could be closer than a lot of people think. GO JC EAGLES !!
Looking at this game’s history really highlights what an amazing job coach Matney did.
:38 left in 1st qtr. JC 14 BOYD 0
Our pass coverage was less than average in the first half but credit coach Peck and staff for making the right adjustments at halftime and shutting them down in the second half. We better come out of the gate with good coverage this coming week or Corbin will hammer us good.
I believe that JC has this one in the bag!