Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paris 39 Rockcastle 37
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. Crazy game a lot of wild things good and bad just idk hard one but Rock fought to the end.  Some how Paris had :01 left an kicked a FG from their 8 yard line to win it by 2. They trailed 36-37 before making it
Is Rockcastle not the Rockcastle of old or is Paris a possible sleeper in 1A?
(09-15-2023, 11:54 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Final. Crazy game a lot of wild things good and bad just idk hard one but Rock fought to the end.  Some how Paris had :01 left an kicked a FG from their 8 yard line to win it by 2. They trailed 36-37 before making it

Yes, field goals are generally worth 3 points.

Congrats, Paris.
Congratulations to Paris and we will find out about Paris in a few weeks
(09-15-2023, 11:55 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Is Rockcastle not the Rockcastle of old or is Paris a possible sleeper in 1A?

Rockcastle has not been relevant for about 2 decades now.  Generally a 6-7 win team.  They watered down their schedule this season, but with this loss I don't see them winning many more than that.  

Congrats Greyhounds. Love seeing an old time power making a comeback. A quick question, does their field still have a small corner of the end zone that goes onto the track?
(09-16-2023, 12:01 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2023, 11:55 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Is Rockcastle not the Rockcastle of old or is Paris a possible sleeper in 1A?

Rockcastle has not been relevant for about 2 decades now.  Generally a 6-7 win team.  They watered down their schedule this season, but with this loss I don't see them winning many more than that.  

Congrats Greyhounds. Love seeing an old time power making a comeback. A quick question, does their field still have a small corner of the end zone that goes onto the track?
idk how you figure rock doesn’t win many more than that? Are you that delusional? Rock will beat Clay next week then they will give Bell all they want and should win out after the bell game that will be a shootout mark my words this rock team is a lot better than any team Parkey coach his entire time here with the exception of the 2016 team and to be honest the offense on this years Rock has more speed than that team did an better WR core an Tucker is a great QB

People are not giving Paris any credit they have a good 1A team. Big physical line something Rock is used to having if we had Paris line with the team we have we be contenders for making to state. They have plenty of speed and for once Rock was able to go toe to toe with a team that has that kind of speed an battle it out. It’s obviously for those who are score board watchers and don’t actually go to the games an see for themselves bc if your not blind an was actually here tonight you would know those are two good teams that played tonight an no one flinched

(09-15-2023, 11:56 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2023, 11:54 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Final. Crazy game a lot of wild things good and bad just idk hard one but Rock fought to the end.  Some how Paris had :01 left an kicked a FG from their 8 yard line to win it by 2. They trailed 36-37 before making it

Congrats, Paris.
Why smart comment ? I meant to say they trailed 36-37 as rock scored on a 5 min drive following a turnover by Paris on their own 15 yard line but I submitted it to fast.. no need for being a smart ass
Are you sure about next week? Clay County has played as weak a schedule as Rockcastle. But you had Rockcastle scoring either 49 or 56 points tonight, depending on if they fixed their run defense. I know they had a pick 6, so what did they put up on the #4 or #5 team in 1A, 30 points?
Congratulations Paris! Sounds like a great game.
The Rock is Dead
How far does this drop Rockcastle in they're 1A rankings? ? lol

Congrats Paris
Well, we know that Rockcastle isn't a top 5 1A team now at least.
(09-16-2023, 12:19 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]

idk how you figure rock doesn’t win many more than that? Are you that delusional? Rock will beat Clay next week then they will give Bell all they want and should win out after the bell game that will be a shootout mark my words this rock team is a lot better than any team Parkey coach his entire time here with the exception of the 2016 team and to be honest the offense on this years Rock has more speed than that team did an better WR core an Tucker is a great QB

People are not giving Paris any credit they have a good 1A team. Big physical line something Rock is used to having if we had Paris line with the team we have we be contenders for making to state. They have plenty of speed and for once Rock was able to go toe to toe with a team that has that kind of speed an battle it out. It’s obviously for those who are score board watchers and don’t actually go to the games an see for themselves bc if your not blind an was actually here tonight you would know those are two good teams that played tonight an no one flinched

(09-15-2023, 11:56 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]

Congrats, Paris.
Why smart comment ? I meant to say they trailed 36-37 as rock scored on a 5 min drive following a turnover by Paris on their own 15 yard line but I submitted it to fast.. no need for being a smart ass

(09-16-2023, 12:58 AM)Foozeball23 Wrote: [ -> ]How far does this drop Rockcastle in they're 1A rankings? ? lol

Congrats Paris

(09-16-2023, 12:58 AM)Foozeball23 Wrote: [ -> ]How  far does this drop Rockcastle in they're 1A rankings? ? lol

Congrats Paris

Well, we know that Rockcastle isn't in the top 5 in 1A now at least.
You all can bash this Rockets team all you want but until you go watch them play in person an see what everyone that goes to the game does you have no right to say anything. Just keep being keyboard warriors bc that’s all you are right now. Leave the games to the real fans the ones who travel an show up and are there watching bc we all know just don’t show up when we are still playing in the playoffs bc we don’t need you then.
Well I had a last minute change of heart from the Corbin Douglass to drive down to Paris to catch this one. Here's my take.
First of there's nothing like a good ole 1a football environment. The crowd was electric throughout the game for both teams.
As with the Hazard game, Paris is talented but not very "football disciplined".
I thought Rockcastle as a whole was more athletic than Paris but Paris controlled both front lines. Rock is going to struggle up front against the Bell Counties of the world.
Rockcastle relied too much on Big Play football, their only real drive was the drive that put them up towards the end. They started the game up 14 and stayed in the air.

Paris is a good team they have a front line on both sides that I would imagine keeps them in any 1a football game. They have enough athleticism to keep teams honest and it looked like they were fairly deep on both sides. Are they Raceland/Pikeville good. I don't know. I do know they won't win those games if they don't tidy the simple things. I talked to a guy at the game that told me Paris starts 6 freshman, including their quarterback, which may be why they lacked in discipline.

Rock was definitely not the Rock of old, they were full of athleticism but didn't look very strong in their front line on either side. Rock started bringing the house on every play to account for their inability to stop the ball in the trenches and kept the ball in the air most of the game because they couldn't get their ground game going. Rock and Casey will be a shootout but I don't see Rock competing with the fighting Dudley Hiltons. Bell is not going to let them Big Play them to death and I don't think they are talented enough upfront to win on the ground.

Either way it was a heckuva game to watch.

Also It's the first time in my 50 years of watching this stuff that I saw a head official pick up a ball from the middle of the field and throw it to the line judge to be measured. I realize how underpaid refs are and how few people there are in the ref pool each year, but if your not watching Big Time Football games on Friday nights and travel to some of the less important games around the state you'll see how bad things are getting. KHSAA has to find a way to incentivize more people to be refs and train them properly. The white cap in this game looked miserable the entire game and missed a lot of easy calls against both teams at crucial times.
(09-16-2023, 04:08 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: [ -> ]Well I had a last minute change of heart from the Corbin Douglass to drive down to Paris to catch this one. Here's my take.
First of there's nothing like a good ole 1a football environment.  The crowd was electric throughout the game for both teams.
As with the Hazard game, Paris is talented but not very "football disciplined".
I thought Rockcastle as a whole was more athletic than Paris but Paris controlled both front lines. Rock is going to struggle up front against the Bell Counties of the world.
Rockcastle relied too much on Big Play football, their only real drive was the drive that put them up towards the end. They started the game up 14 and stayed in the air.

Paris is a good team they have a front line on both sides that I would imagine keeps them in any 1a football game.  They have enough athleticism to keep teams honest and it looked like they were fairly deep on both sides. Are they Raceland/Pikeville good.  I don't know.  I do know they won't win those games if they don't tidy the simple things. I talked to a guy at the game that told me Paris starts 6 freshman, including their quarterback, which may be why they lacked in discipline.

Rock was definitely not the Rock of old, they were full of athleticism but didn't look very strong in their front line on either side. Rock started bringing the house on every play to account for their inability to stop the ball in the trenches and kept the ball in the air most of the game because they couldn't get their ground game going. Rock and Casey will be a shootout but I don't see Rock competing with the fighting Dudley Hiltons.  Bell is not going to let them Big Play them to death and I don't think they are talented enough upfront to win on the ground.

Either way it was a heckuva game to watch.

Also It's the first time in my 50 years of watching this stuff that I saw a head official pick up a ball  from the middle of the field and throw it to the line judge to be measured. I realize how underpaid refs are and how few people there are in the ref pool each year, but if your not watching Big Time Football games on Friday nights and travel to some of the less important games around the state you'll see how bad things are getting.  KHSAA has to find a way to incentivize more people to be refs and train them properly. The white cap in this game looked miserable the entire game and missed a lot of easy calls against both teams at crucial times.
I can answer that…. If raceland or Pikeville would have played rock last night there would have been a running clock.
Not surprised here but I see some salt from a few posters that would be kill a man
Thats disappointing. nice win for paris?
(09-16-2023, 03:16 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]You all can bash this Rockets team all you want but until you go watch them play in person an see what everyone that goes to the game does you have no right to say anything. Just keep being keyboard warriors bc that’s all you are right now. Leave the games to the real fans the ones who travel an show up and are there watching bc we all know just don’t show up when we are still playing in the playoffs bc we don’t need you then.

Playoffs?  Won't they have to play Belfry in the second round?  That's not a good thing if they can't stop the run against Paris.
(09-16-2023, 09:52 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2023, 03:16 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]You all can bash this Rockets team all you want but until you go watch them play in person an see what everyone that goes to the game does you have no right to say anything. Just keep being keyboard warriors bc that’s all you are right now. Leave the games to the real fans the ones who travel an show up and are there watching bc we all know just don’t show up when we are still playing in the playoffs bc we don’t need you then.

Playoffs?  Won't they have to play Belfry in the second round?  That's not a good thing if they can't stop the run against Paris.
Belfry will put a running clock on them

Yes. The corners of the end zones are painted on the tracks hard surface.
Congratulations to Paris. It was a fun game to watch. Rock jumped out to a 14-0 lead. Paris fought back and took the lead 16-14 rock answered and jumped back out to a 30-16 lead and gave up a big play in the final seconds and made it 30- 22 at the half. 3rd Qrt was all Pairs a quick score to start the half and recovered the oneside kick. And scored again to take the lead 36-30 going into the 4th. Rock had a 8 minute drive to take the lead back to make it 37-36 with 1:10 left in the game. Pairs got down to there 15 and spiked the ball because they had no timeouts then came to the sidelines to talk to coaches for over minute. Rock coaches went nuts and players stayed on the field. With 6 seconds left QB scrambled to the 8 yard line got hit out of bounds. Some how still had 1 second left. Kid hadn't attempted a kick all night drilled one to win the game (would have been good from 30yards.) Both sides played there butts off. And players on both sides showed a lot of respect after the game giving how competitive it was. Pairs and Rock fans not so much (not a fan of one side only stands). Pairs is not on the same level as Pikeville or Raceland. But to be fair Pikeville and Raceland would be atop the Rankings in 3A. I've said it from start of the season Pairs is not bad. They will dominate the rest of there schedule outside Raceland. Rockets are allright. I still like where we are.
Big Grin  if you can step back and look at your posts, people wouldn’t be bashing Rock nearly as hard if you weren’t beating your chest on here all the time.  When or if Rock actually gets some statement wins you’ll have your vindication, I’ll be the first one over here to congratulate the Rockets….
(09-16-2023, 11:38 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
Big Grin  if you can step back and look at your posts, people wouldn’t be bashing Rock nearly as hard if you weren’t beating your chest on here all the time.  When or if Rock actually gets some statement wins you’ll have your vindication, I’ll be the first one over here to congratulate the Rockets….
Exactly  the most speed he even seen rockcastle has and their schedule isn't as bad as you think and they were up 16 points on Paris as well but better coaching and playmakers showed up and how Paris won and them not stopping the run is not good with bell county looming on the horizon
Congratulations Paris on a great win over the Rockcastle Rockets.
Congrats to paris i whiffed on this one pretty good, but in what world would a 1A school not named pikeville win the line of scrimmage against the Rock??! I think paris proved they are top5 in 1A for sure. This shows paris is up more than i thought and rock is down more than i thought. Congrats.
Beating my chest? You’re reading way into things more than what I’m actually saying. You’re just salty bc Tucker isn’t still at North Laurel. Sorry I’m not going to set back and let anyone bash my team regardless who they are period. If you would go back an read anything I’ve ever said it was how down in the dumps our program has been over the last 20 years and how I know we will be back to winning games that matter last night proved that. No team we have fielded in last 15 years would have even came within 3 scores of that Paris team last night with the exception of the 2016 team. As I said all week Paris has a good strong physical line and tons of speed and could give us matchup nightmares but they didn’t we matched up and played toe to toe with them and lost by 2. If you would have seen the game live you would know Paris is a solid team a Rock offense is very talent we will be kept in games by our offense alone that’s how talented they are. I’m not beating my chest you just are comprehending the wrong way but it won’t matter the season starts now with district play.
(09-16-2023, 04:06 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
Beating my chest? You’re reading way into things more than what I’m actually saying. You’re just salty bc Tucker isn’t still at North Laurel. Sorry I’m not going to set back and let anyone bash my team regardless who they are period. If you would go back an read anything I’ve ever said it was how down in the dumps our program has been over the last 20 years and how I know we will be back to winning games that matter last night proved that. No team we have fielded in last 15 years would have even came within 3 scores of that Paris team last night with the exception of the 2016 team. As I said all week Paris has a good strong physical line and tons of speed and could give us matchup nightmares but they didn’t we matched up and played toe to toe with them and lost by 2. If you would have seen the game live you would know Paris is a solid team a Rock offense is very talent we will be kept in games by our offense alone that’s how talented they are. I’m not beating my chest you just are comprehending the wrong way but it won’t matter the season starts now with district play.
Big Grin Big Grin  Listen pal your way off base I’m Corbin….I played there, my kids played there, and my grand kids are playing there….Tucker couldn’t stiff the field there, so I don’t care where he goes I was just trying to give you a little friendly advise you don’t want to take it then it’s no skin off my nose, good luck to you and the Rockastle record setters…
Still not as bad as Russellville's end zone. Corner straight up hill. Lol
(09-16-2023, 04:16 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
Big Grin Big Grin  Listen pal your way off base I’m Corbin….I played there, my kids played there, and my grand kids are playing there….Tucker couldn’t stiff the field there, so I don’t care where he goes I was just trying to give you a little friendly advise you don’t want to take it then it’s no skin off my nose, good luck to you and the Rockastle record setters…
He the type of fan if Rockcastle does wrong he doesn't see it...we play the game and teach others the game to have fun and to make leaders out of young men but when you put task that are simple in front of them yes you try a good record but  they then are not prepared for adversity. Hence the comeback by Paris and the loss
(09-16-2023, 05:10 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: [ -> ]
He the type of fan if Rockcastle does wrong he doesn't see it...we play the game and teach others the game to have fun and to make leaders out of young men but when you put task that are simple in front of them yes you try a good record but  they then are not prepared for adversity. Hence the comeback by Paris and the loss
Dude don’t even try to act like you know anything about me that would be your first mistake let’s not play devil advocate bc you for sure won’t like me then….
Easy there tough guy. Weren't you calling people keyboard warriors earlier......
(09-16-2023, 05:20 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2023, 05:10 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2023, 11:38 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]:D  if you can step back and look at your posts, people wouldn’t be bashing Rock nearly as hard if you weren’t beating your chest on here all the time.  When or if Rock actually gets some statement wins you’ll have your vindication, I’ll be the first one over here to congratulate the Rockets….
:D :D  Listen pal your way off base I’m Corbin….I played there, my kids played there, and my grand kids are playing there….Tucker couldn’t stiff the field there, so I don’t care where he goes I was just trying to give you a little friendly advise you don’t want to take it then it’s no skin off my nose, good luck to you and the Rockastle record setters…
Dude don’t even try to act like you know anything about me that would be your first mistake let’s not play devil advocate bc you for sure won’t like me then….
Pages: 1 2