Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Christian 49 Lexington Catholic 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congratulations to LCA
Congratulations LCA. I am a little shocked at this score.
LCA getting #42 and #11 from Madison Central this year are proving to be huge.
Man maybe catholic is better than I though.
Nobody in the state played a tougher 5 game stretch to open their season. This with it being a rivalry game makes for a good game.
(09-16-2023, 02:01 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Man maybe catholic is better than I though.

Thats what Im thinking now after seeing this score Hound. Catholic played LCA to the wire and if thats the case then honestly Corbins defense held Catholic to 3 points and looked like the qb was running for his life. So if Boyle doesn't go down and smack Lexington Catholic by at least 30, then its safe to say that PJDoug was right. That all them points scored was defenses giving up alot of points. Corbin won't give up many points. Its because those Grizzly Bears are hunting on the line o scrimmage and the qb look like a big Salmon flopping around..... Smile Lots of time left and games to be played and its all about matchups. You and me both know Haddix. He watches film...
(09-16-2023, 02:01 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Man maybe catholic is better than I though.
Lex Cath is a lot better than people though. With a stacked D1 prospects on LCA side and only to lose by 7 pts is pretty dang good. Lex Cath have been bit with an injury bug with several players out for a few weeks and a schedule like Highlands, Corbin, LCA and Boyle. With the exception of LCA’s tough schedule, I can’t see another team with a tougher schedule as them. Lex Cath will do well in their district and a down class 3A.
(09-17-2023, 03:46 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
Lex Cath is a lot better than people though. With a stacked D1 prospects on LCA side and only to lose by 7 pts is pretty dang good. Lex Cath have been bit with an injury bug with several players out for a few weeks and a schedule like Highlands, Corbin, LCA and Boyle. With the exception of LCA’s tough schedule, I can’t see another team with a tougher schedule as them. Lex Cath will do well in their district and a down class 3A.
Was there players who played againstt LCA that didn't play against Corbin?
(09-17-2023, 03:47 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes, 2 starters were out vs Corbin and 4 starters vs LCA.
(09-17-2023, 04:23 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2023, 03:47 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes, 2 starters were out vs Corbin and 4 starters vs LCA.

I saw the score and thats going to go a long ways in 3A playoffs if not all the way. That many points after Cal and LCA just played a barn burner. Hmmm.
Looks like both teams need to get in the defensive film room! Nevertheless, gutsy win by the eagles after a grueling first half of regular season schedule.
Wow I would have never have picked this score…
I know this is old news from 2 weekends ago, but i just ran into the stats from this game. Did the kid from Lex Cath really out do Boley? I mean LC's QB 23-35 420 yards 5td pass and 0int and ran for 13-55yards for 1td. Boley 18-23 224 0td- 0int and ran for 5-19 yards 2td. And Boley has more weapons to throw to.

Ok i know someone on here is going to say that Boley didn't need to pass much because Hensley carried the for 5tds. I get that, but a showcase game like this with a heated rivalry, one would think Boley will let it fly.
(09-26-2023, 03:04 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is old news from 2 weekends ago, but i just ran into the stats from this game. Did the kid from Lex Cath really out do Boley? I mean LC's QB 23-35 420 yards 5td pass and 0int and ran for 13-55yards for 1td. Boley 18-23 224 0td- 0int and ran for 5-19 yards 2td. And Boley has more weapons to throw to.

Ok i know someone on here is going to say that Boley didn't need to pass much because Hensley carried the for 5tds. I get that, but a showcase game like this with a heated rivalry, one would think Boley will let it fly.

I don't think Boley calls the plays for the offense.