Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 40 Belfry 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Pond Creek

Congratulations to Coach MacNamee on his 200th win as Pikeville Head Coach.
I listened to this one.  Pikeville put it away in the end.  Congrats, Panthers.
Congrats to the Panthers
The Pirates played well for 3 Qtrs, then the Panthers did what the Panthers do and put it away in the 4th. Congrats.
Some strange scores among these southeastern Kentucky teams this year.
Belfry had plenty of chances to win it. 3 and out before halftime hurt. Then had the ball with good field position twice down 26-21 and couldn’t move the ball. Varney out hurts. No threat of passing game and put Woolum out of position
Ahhh well…Congrats Panthers!

Our containment just isn’t there and our ILBs need to get quicker on reads or just quit reading at all. If a kid named Woolum, Caden or JB, didn't make a tackle on the edge then a tackle wasn’t made.  Missing Chase Varney at QB hurt and missing Cayden Varney hurt, but there are no excuses.  Congrats to the Panthers!
It seems like every Belfry, Johnson Central, or Pikeville loss, there are multiple players out or injured. What’s going on down there in the mountains with the health of all these players?
(09-16-2023, 12:01 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like every Belfry, Johnson Central, or Pikeville loss, there are multiple players out or injured.  What’s going on down there in the mountains with the health of all these players?

That’s a damn good question.  I can’t speak on behalf of either of these programs, but I know that athletes shouldn’t train like power lifters.  I can’t say that all three of those programs do, but I know that one does.  The turf may be a factor too.
All 3 Belfry losses they get out played 2nd half. Not sure the issue. Possibly too much 2 way players but they have to have their best players on the field. I thought Belfry would win but was wrong.
Way to go Panthers!
Now before I say this, they were absolutely great plays and should not be downplayed, but if not for the great play on the Young strip and 90+ yard return for a TD and the awesome pitch, and I’m not even sure how he did it, from Woolum to Caudill who then makes about 4 defenders whiff and rumbles for a 60 yard Td……….Pikeville would’ve put a running clock on the Pirates. Pikeville just out played them the entire game. Anthony is a dude. Belfry not having Varney is a huge loss for them. I really think with him Belfry could’ve won. Woolum is a great athlete and he gets limited at the qb spot. Belfry really loses any passing threat without Varney. Anyway it was another good game in the series and I think both came away without any major injuries, so good luck to both going forward.
Congrats Pikeville. I just wanna know one thing. Who let Mike Alstott dress and play as a high school player. Mr. Anthony, sir, you are a beast. Best of luck to both teams the rest of this season.
Series that began in 1927 now TIED according to Pikeville radio guys. Anthony 200+ yards and 3 TDs was a man vs boys.
(09-16-2023, 12:29 AM)skully03 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Pikeville. I just wanna know one thing. Who let Mike Alstott dress and play as a high school player. Mr. Anthony, sir, you are a beast. Best of luck to both teams the rest of this season.
Kid plays exactly like Daric Pugh did. A freight train
(09-16-2023, 12:32 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Series that began in 1927 now TIED according to Pikeville radio guys. Anthony 200+ yards and 3 TDs was a man vs boys.

The Belfry/Pikeville series is 39-39-2 according to WKYT
Is Anthony the player who was out against Raceland?
(09-16-2023, 12:38 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Is Anthony the player who was out against Raceland?

Yes
Belfry sits 2-3 after 5 games. 1-3 against good teams. They do seem to play hard but untimely mistakes and penalties have killed them. I think when Varney comes back things will improve but going to be hard to tell much with the competition level dropping.
So glad that Anthony is Healed and back. Great Win for Pikeville tonight. Now 20 days off unless Pikeville picks up a 10th game which I doubt they will, unless it's an out of state team.Then they head on the road to Cincinnati to play Dohn Community. I believe Johnson Central beat Dohn Community  34-6 tonight. #Hail Pikeville. Can't wait for the offense to keep opening up the playback as the Season moves along. It's gonna be Great. Go Panthers !!!
Belfry not being able to score after recovering the opening kickoff around Pikeville 35 yard line was huge. Anthony was the best player on the field tonight by far. As far as Belfry player reminds me a lot of Derek Wellman
(09-16-2023, 12:38 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Is Anthony the player who was out against Raceland?
Yes and he is that big of difference maker on both sides of the ball. He plays 100% against Raceland, and Pikeville wins that game by a couple of TD’s. Just my opinion. And this coming from a Paintsville fan. I actually hope he sits and rests against us  Big Grin
1A is over if Pikeville stays healthy, if so bunch of running clocks all the way to Kroger
(09-16-2023, 12:29 AM)skully03 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Pikeville. I just wanna know one thing. Who let Mike Alstott dress and play as a high school player. Mr. Anthony, sir, you are a beast. Best of luck to both teams the rest of this season.

Is he that type of player? i gotta watch him, if so. I love the  Alstott, Czonka, Riggins types.
(09-17-2023, 12:28 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Is he that type of player? i gotta watch him, if so. I love the  Alstott, Czonka, Riggins types.
He is all that on both sides of the ball.

Loved watching Riggins!! 

Read a story about him...... after their first Super Bowl win the team got invited to huge dinner in Washington D.C. Senators and big wheel types where all there. Riggins got hammered and was hitting on their wives', then proceeded to pass out under a table. No one dared to touch or disturb him.
(09-17-2023, 12:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]1A is over if Pikeville stays healthy, if so bunch of running clocks all the way to Kroger

Well I thought that would bring out the Raceland fans lol. Way too early...
(09-17-2023, 12:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2023, 12:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]1A is over if Pikeville stays healthy, if so bunch of running clocks all the way to Kroger

Well I thought that would bring out the Raceland fans lol. Way too early...
Not RAD , Raceland lost so he will be in hiding for a week and RAMDAD50 pick Belfry to beat Pikeville so I guess he lost in the pick contest on Rivals
I said in preseason, Anthony is a difference maker for Pikeville…it’s true as the word of God lol
(09-17-2023, 12:32 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

He is all that on both sides of the ball.

Better hit him and wrap up. None of this arm tackling as he runs by. And if you do wrap up, hang on because he will still get a few yards before he comes down. He is fun to watch.
Pages: 1 2