Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: FINAL: Pittsburgh 24 Cincinatti 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My beloved Steelers again looked bad on offense, with 4 turnovers, but the defense looked awesome, and Carson Palmer played what may have been the worst game of his career...but oh well, a season sweep of the Bengals, and a perfect division record thus far..and we're 9-3! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!
Way to go Steelers!!!
:Clap:
I love my Steelers!!...Better start playing better if they expect to beat the Pats..
The Bengals shot themselves in the foot so many times tonight. The Steelers better get a better handle on the football before next week. Sause the Pats WILL score on all those turnovers.
Catch by Chris Henry at the end of the game was ruled incomplete and he was clearly inbounds, but poor coaching keeps us from challenging.

Clean out the coaching staff.

Here's another example of horrible coaching: it's third and two, and you run a zone that the corner drops back 6 yards and a man comes off the wing and runs a four yard out, catching the ball and getting a first down.

Here's an example of horrible offensive coaching: you get down two second and two, and you run two pass plays with receivers going on 10+ yard routes.

If someone would like to show me where Hall was holding that receiver on the play where Roethlisberger got safetied, fell free to look for it, but it didn't happen.
Marvin Lewis just looks like he is whipped.
FBALL Wrote:Marvin Lewis just looks like he is whipped.

Tell me about it, he doesn't even look interested in what goes on in games....
Didn't watch most of the game, but by the sounds it wasn't a good one at all. Cincinnati needs some changes big time!
Way To Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO DEY, WHO DEY, WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT THEM BENGALS.....EVERYONE, LOL!! REVISED: WHO DEY, WHO DEY, WHO DEY THANK AIN'T GONNA BEAT US BENGALS...Now maybe reality will set in and the talk will stop for a couple of years about how good they are, how big there heads are, there persona and everything else negative about them..
It's official, the Bengals suck! I agree with BFritz, the coaching staff needs a makeover. I say you clean house, and bring in all new coaches. What coach wouldn't want the opportunity to coach this team? I mean, they have gotten high draft picks every year thanks to their poor record. They have the talent, they just lack discipline, and coaching.
Henry was out of bounds. The funniest part was the Bengal receivers dropping balls and missing plays trying to avoid hits from Carter and Smith. Willie Parker played awful but Carson was so bad the Bengals couldnt convert. I still dont think this team is playing very well but they are 9-3 and 5-0 in the North maybe they will peak in January.

WE DEY!
The story of this game was the Bengals inability to take advantage of field position early and their inability to take advantage of Parkers fumblitis late. They had a chance to put the Steelers away early with the field position they had and Big Ben crying about the ball being wet. Pittsburgh did every thing in their power to give the Bengals the game and the Bengals would not accept it. At this point Pittsburgh knows how to win and the Bengals are still trying to figure it out. As for the coaching aspect....I though John Madden said a mouth full right after halftime when he said......The Bengals came out with a good gameplan and the Steelers adjusted. Now its time for the Bengals to adjust to that. Well that adjustment never came. I don't understand why they didn't throw more underneath considering a) Carson was obviously off target and b) considering how the wind was blowing.

Pittsburgh is 9-3 and on their way to the playoffs. Congrats to you Steeler fans. But I think the knowledgable Steeler fans will agree with me. The Steelers aren't playing their best football right now (dating back to the Jets debacle) and they had better pick it up or they won't go very far.
No they aren't playing good football. But a win is a win is a win! The Patriots aren't playing good football either.WHO IS right now when you think about it?
Bengal Cat Wrote:The story of this game was the Bengals inability to take advantage of field position early and their inability to take advantage of Parkers fumblitis late. They had a chance to put the Steelers away early with the field position they had and Big Ben crying about the ball being wet. Pittsburgh did every thing in their power to give the Bengals the game and the Bengals would not accept it. At this point Pittsburgh knows how to win and the Bengals are still trying to figure it out. As for the coaching aspect....I though John Madden said a mouth full right after halftime when he said......The Bengals came out with a good gameplan and the Steelers adjusted. Now its time for the Bengals to adjust to that. Well that adjustment never came. I don't understand why they didn't throw more underneath considering a) Carson was obviously off target and b) considering how the wind was blowing.

Pittsburgh is 9-3 and on their way to the playoffs. Congrats to you Steeler fans. But I think the knowledgable Steeler fans will agree with me. The Steelers aren't playing their best football right now (dating back to the Jets debacle) and they had better pick it up or they won't go very far.

You are right they are not playing all that great. The thing is the Steelers are still getting credit for having a blitz every down defense and a punishing run game when Im not sure they have either one.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:WHO DEY, WHO DEY, WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT THEM BENGALS.....EVERYONE, LOL!! REVISED: WHO DEY, WHO DEY, WHO DEY THANK AIN'T GONNA BEAT US BENGALS...Now maybe reality will set in and the talk will stop for a couple of years about how good they are, how big there heads are, there persona and everything else negative about them..

Steelers win another tainted game against the Bengals.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:No they aren't playing good football. But a win is a win is a win! The Patriots aren't playing good football either.WHO IS right now when you think about it?

The thing is.....regardless as to who is or who isn't playing well somebodys going to have to win in Foxborogh in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl.
BFritz Wrote:Steelers win another tainted game against the Bengals.

:thatsfunn I suppose you want an * next to this win as well?
Yeah really....~ Steelers with the win!
alfus21 Wrote::thatsfunn I suppose you want an * next to this win as well?

You can't call games legit wins when game changing bad calls are made.

You didn't respond to any of my arguments about it on here, even when I called you out but you show up to mock my thoughts when you know we're done talking about it............ hhhhhhmmmmmm.........
5timechamp Wrote:Henry was out of bounds. The funniest part was the Bengal receivers dropping balls and missing plays trying to avoid hits from Carter and Smith. Willie Parker played awful but Carson was so bad the Bengals couldnt convert. I still dont think this team is playing very well but they are 9-3 and 5-0 in the North maybe they will peak in January.

WE DEY!
I agree..Henry was out of bounds, and Cincy played scared to death, and thats why we swept them this year..Cincy was outscored 48-23, with neither game being that close..However, fact is, if this team dont get their act together, its gonna be a long night in Foxborough..like 30 points long..they cant keep playing this sorry on offense, and relying on the defense like they have. They havent put 4 solid quarters together in a month, and thats not a good thing when your about to face possibly the greatest team thats ever taken the field..but on a positive note, we're due.
BFritz Wrote:You can't call games legit wins when game changing bad calls are made.

You didn't respond to any of my arguments about it on here, even when I called you out but you show up to mock my thoughts when you know we're done talking about it............ hhhhhhmmmmmm.........

I'd call a two touchdown win legit regardless of any calls made. Especially when the QB throws something like 17-44.

As to the second part of your post. I honestly have no clue what you're talking about...again.
BFritz Wrote:You can't call games legit wins when game changing bad calls are made.

I don't believe you ever just take the game for what it is. Any time your team loses you think it doesn't count because you think there was a bad call? Game changing bad calls?? I don't believe I have ever seen anyone like you, you just can't simply seem to find reality and realize who the better team is.

No doubt, the Bengals are talented, but it means nothing without a coach. With proper discipline and coaching this could be a 10-12 win team, but if things keep up the way they are going, Cincy is just going to go into another big slump.
Bengals is needing help bad.
alfus21 Wrote:I'd call a two touchdown win legit regardless of any calls made. Especially when the QB throws something like 17-44.

As to the second part of your post. I honestly have no clue what you're talking about...again.

How can you say that a bad call on one of the first drives that resulted in a touchdown wouldn't have effected the game? It allowed the Steelers first score, without which would have changed everything that happened in the game. Maybe the Bengals win, maybe they don't, but you can't say that the win was legit.

The chances of Carson going 17-44 with the game going in a completely different direction than it did is like 14 billion to one (maybe more).
BFritz Wrote:How can you say that a bad call on one of the first drives that resulted in a touchdown wouldn't have effected the game? It allowed the Steelers first score, without which would have changed everything that happened in the game. Maybe the Bengals win, maybe they don't, but you can't say that the win was legit.

The chances of Carson going 17-44 with the game going in a completely different direction than it did is like 14 billion to one (maybe more).
Yeah it was legit. The standings say so...man I can appreciate a true Bengals fan (because they are few and far between) but coming from a True Steelers fan, your Bengals got owned. Twice.