Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10 Week 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(WYMT) - Check out our Alice Lloyd College Mountain Top 10 list after week three of high school football in the mountains:

1. Corbin (2-0)

- Beat Lexington Catholic 30-10 on the road.

2. Pikeville (2-1)

- Fell to Lexington Christian 31-13 to get their first loss of the season.

3. Belfry (2-1)

- Beat Johnson Central 48-20 for the first program win against the Golden Eagles in six years.

4. Bell County (3-0)

- Picked up their third straight win, beating Letcher Central 52-18.

5. Johnson Central (1-2)

- Lost to Belfry 48-20 on the road.

6. Rockcastle (3-0)

- Won by forfeit against Frankfort.

7. Southwestern (0-2)

- Dropped to South Warren 46-28.

8. Clay County (3-0)

- Beat Williamsburg 44-20.

9. Shelby Valley (2-1)

- Picked up a win against Martin County 16-7.

10. Pulaski (1-2)

- Lost to GRC 30-7 on the road.
https://www.wymt.com/2023/09/04/alice-ll...mOzq_Ecu0o
First time I have seen Clay County in the Mountain Top 10 in a long time.. Congratulations Tigers!!!
Lol
Where's Whitley County?
Whitley Co in all honesty needs a couple more quality wins to legitimately move into the top 10
(09-04-2023, 09:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ](WYMT) - Check out our Alice Lloyd College Mountain Top 10 list after week three of high school football in the mountains:

1. Corbin (2-0)

2. Pikeville (2-1)

3. Belfry (2-1)

- Beat Johnson Central 48-20 for the first program win against the Golden Eagles in six years.

4. Bell County (3-0)

5. Johnson Central (1-2)

6. Rockcastle (3-0)

7. Southwestern (0-2)

8. Clay County (3-0)

9. Shelby Valley (2-1)

10. Pulaski (1-2)

Can’t put ANY stock in these rankings. Got a Johnson Central team at #5 who is 1-2 ( Belfry and Pikeville beats them ), got Rockcastle at #6 who ain’t played anyone at their level or better. Southwestern below both and can beat the brakes off either one. Whoever puts this stuff together don’t know football. Score watchers..
Sep 13, 2013 Belfry 38 Southwestern 27
Sep 12, 2014 Belfry 28 Southwestern 7
Aug 23, 2019 Belfry 31 Southwestern 7
Sep 8, 2023 Belfry - Southwestern -
All content © 1997-2023 Riherds.com in partnership with the Kentucky High School Athletic Association. All rights reserved.
Mountain football hasn’t been very consistent this year outside of 2-3 teams. Traditional powers are down or rebuilding and it shows and then others this year look good one week but find a way to let you down the next which makes for some good football games but not a lot of dominate teams however it is still early and only 3 weeks in. Right now I don’t see any problems with the rankings as everyone still has to play the game and things will sort them selves out.
(09-04-2023, 10:41 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: [ -> ]Whitley  Co in all honesty needs a couple more quality wins to legitimately move into the top 10

No they don't. They are better than a couple of the teams ranked in the top 10.
(09-04-2023, 11:58 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2023, 09:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ](WYMT) - Check out our Alice Lloyd College Mountain Top 10 list after week three of high school football in the mountains:

1. Corbin (2-0)

2. Pikeville (2-1)

3. Belfry (2-1)

4. Bell County (3-0)

5. Johnson Central (1-2)

6. Rockcastle (3-0)

7. Southwestern (0-2)

8. Clay County (3-0)

9. Shelby Valley (2-1)

10. Pulaski (1-2)

Can’t put ANY stock in these rankings. Got a Johnson Central team at #5 who is 1-2 ( Belfry and Pikeville beats them ), got Rockcastle at #6 who ain’t played anyone at their level or better. Southwestern below both and can beat the brakes off either one. Whoever puts this stuff together don’t know football. Score watchers..

Southwestern is as good as most of the teams in top 10. No way is Rockcastle 6.
(09-05-2023, 11:13 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Mountain football hasn’t been very consistent this year outside of 2-3 teams. Traditional powers are down or rebuilding and it shows and then others this year look good one week but find a way to let you down the next which makes for some good football games but not a lot of dominate teams however it is still early and only 3 weeks in. Right now I don’t see any problems with the rankings as everyone still has to play the game and things will sort them selves out.

Rockcastle has 3 wins against 3 winless teams. You know good and well they ain't a top 10 team.
So Rock has beaten 3 winless teams, Whitley has beaten 2 winless teams and LOST to North who has only beaten Whitley…..if Rock don’t belong neither does Whitley…..they need a couple of quality wins to get there…..take off your Colonel colored glasses
(09-05-2023, 11:49 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: [ -> ]So Rock has beaten 3 winless teams, Whitley has beaten 2 winless teams and LOST to North who has only beaten Whitley…..if Rock don’t belong neither does Whitley…..they need a couple of quality wins to get there…..take off your Colonel colored glasses

You have diarrhea of the mouth.  Whitley hasn't played world beaters, but they are all better than the 1A teams Rockcastle has faced. Only winless team Whitley faced was Harlan County.
I would say that how North played Bell co and Franklin, that they should have a case to be in over Clay Rock and Valley. Valley loses to Letcher at home how are they still fathomable to be on this list.
WYMT's first set of rankings were rough and it's going to take another couple weeks to get it all sorted out.
We used to have a BGR Rankings thread but it always caused a lot of fussing. Maybe we should try it again next year.
(09-06-2023, 01:50 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]I would say that how North played Bell co and Franklin, that they should have a case to be in over Clay Rock and Valley. Valley loses to Letcher at home how are they still fathomable to be on this list.

I agree.. North is one of the better teams.
(09-06-2023, 02:58 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]We used to have a BGR Rankings thread but it always caused a lot of fussing.  Maybe we should try it again next year.

I like the fussing lol…
(09-06-2023, 02:58 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]We used to have a BGR Rankings thread but it always caused a lot of fussing.  Maybe we should try it again next year.
Bring it back granny bear !!!!!

Let's fuss now.
Does being on top in the Mountain Top 10 count for King of the Mountains?  Smile
I don't see pulaski being on top 10!!! What I do see is Lawrence County making top 10 after the Estill game!! Yes they lost to shelby Valley but it was a tough loss. LC has cleaned up alot of issues since week 3.
(09-05-2023, 11:49 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: [ -> ]So Rock has beaten 3 winless teams, Whitley has beaten 2 winless teams and LOST to North who has only beaten Whitley…..if Rock don’t belong neither does Whitley…..they need a couple of quality wins to get there…..take off your Colonel colored glasses
Yea if north ain’t ranked idk how you rank whitley
You guys don't let me forget next football season, and we'll start a brand new BGR Rankings Thread. I'll have to kick everyone of you guys out for a week or so!!

Smile
(09-07-2023, 01:22 PM)Senters_93 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see pulaski being on top 10!!! What I do see is Lawrence County making top 10 after the Estill game!! Yes they lost to shelby Valley but it was a tough loss. LC has cleaned up alot of issues since week 3.
I'll swear, I have trouble considering 'flatlanders' a mountain team, but I guess that is just me!  So it goes.
(09-07-2023, 01:26 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]
Yea if north ain’t ranked idk how you rank whitley

North and Whitley both are better than a couple of the teams.
I agree with the top 4 and after this week 6-10 will be decided.

Southwestern is tough at home but has taken a beating at home this year. Have a hard time winning on the road especially this week at #3 belfry.
(09-05-2023, 10:53 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2023, 10:41 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: [ -> ]Whitley  Co in all honesty needs a couple more quality wins to legitimately move into the top 10

No they don't. They are better than a couple of the teams ranked in the top 10.
Who in the top ten do you think they could beat?