Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Favorites and late transers coming in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pike
PCC
Martin Co

Anyone Else in the Running?

LC 
Magoffin
FCHS

BL
JC
SV
ER
Belfry
PHS
PHS
PHS

late addition transfers that no one has mentioned? Woah

Pretty sure top   teams have added on in last couple weeks
(09-03-2023, 07:02 PM)Sports72 Wrote: [ -> ]late addition transfers that no one has mentioned? Woah

Pretty sure top   teams have added on in last couple weeks

Have you heard any names or teams? If so who?
1. Martin county
2. Pikeville
3. Pike county central
4. Floyd county central
5. Shelby valley
6. Magoffin county
7. Johnson central
8. Belfry
9. Lawrence County
10. Paintsville
Sleepers: Betsy Layne & East Ridge
I am hearing some really positive reports from Pike County Central. Multiple players stepping up big time. Hearing Stewart and Rigdon are not the only two scoring options this year.
1. Martin County
2. Pike Central
3. Pikeville
4. Floyd Central
5. Magoffin
6. Betsy Layne
7. Lawrence County
8. Shelby Valley (If Russ plays)

Then everyone else.
1. Martin Co.
2. Pikeville
3. Pike Central
4. Magoffin
5. Shelby Valley
6. Lawrence
7. Johnson Central
8. Floyd Central
9. Belfry
10. Prestonsburg
1. Martin County
2. Pike Central
3. Pikeville
4. Floyd Central
5. Magoffin
6. Betsy Layne
7. Shelby Valley
7. Lawrence County
8. Prestonburg
9. Paintsville 
10 Johnson Central 

IMO top 3 teams on the list are the only ones with a chance at a regional championship. 

Floyd central and Magoffin have the talent to win it but for whatever reason they seem to fall apart come tournament time.
1. Martin county
2. Pikeville
3. Pike county central
4. Floyd county central
5. Shelby valley
6. Magoffin county
7. Johnson central
8. Belfry
9. Lawrence County
10. Paintsville
Sleepers: Betsy Layne
1. Pikeville
2. Pike Central
3. Martin County
4. Floyd Central
5. Shelby Valley
6. Magoffin
7. Johnson Central
8. Lawrence Co
9. Paintsville
10. Prestonsburg

No one will be able to compete with Pikeville’s size and depth. Not even Martin Co. Pikeville beat them over the summer by 30. If Stewart and Rigdon are hitting shots they’re a very dangerous team.
(10-23-2023, 03:19 PM)RUserious Wrote: [ -> ]1. Pikeville
2. Pike Central
3. Martin County
4. Floyd Central
5. Shelby Valley
6. Magoffin
7. Johnson Central
8. Lawrence Co
9. Paintsville
10. Prestonsburg

No one will be able to compete with Pikeville’s size and depth. Not even Martin Co. Pikeville beat them over the summer by 30. If Stewart and Rigdon are hitting shots they’re a very dangerous team.
So you’re saying Pikeville losing Riley Sammons makes them the favorites over Martin co who beat them twice this past year.
As good as Sammons was, in the regional tournament game it was
Sammons 4-19
Rest of Pikeville team 17-26
Martin Co 17-42

Pikeville had a bunch of talent on their bench as well. I fully expect Pikeville to beat Martin Co in 2024 when it counts.
Sounds like you don’t know of the transfer’s coming in over the next two weeks!!
2. Pike Central
3. Martin County
4. Floyd Central
5. Shelby Valley
6. Magoffin
7. Johnson Central
8. Lawrence Co
9. Paintsville
10. Prestonsburg

Pikeville has less size this year. Martin Co has more size than pikeville. Can pikeville beat MC?  Of course they could, but its not likely. I agree with the statement about the Pike central players.
(10-24-2023, 07:33 AM)Sports72 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you don’t know of the transfer’s coming in over the next two weeks!!

Like who?
(10-24-2023, 09:05 AM)Card2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
2. Pike Central
3. Martin County
4. Floyd Central
5. Shelby Valley
6. Magoffin
7. Johnson Central
8. Lawrence Co
9. Paintsville
10. Prestonsburg
Pikeville has less size this year. Martin Co has more size than pikeville. Can pikeville beat MC?  Of course they could, but its not likely. I agree with the statement about the Pike central players.
Pikeville has 6’10, 6’6”, two players 6’5” and all guards but two are 6’1” or over.
(10-24-2023, 09:06 PM)RUserious Wrote: [ -> ]
2. Pike Central
3. Martin County
4. Floyd Central
5. Shelby Valley
6. Magoffin
7. Johnson Central
8. Lawrence Co
9. Paintsville
10. Prestonsburg
Pikeville has 6’10, 6’6”, two players 6’5” and all guards but two are 6’1” or over.
The ONLY advantage pikeville has on Martin County is the Fitzer kid who is nowhere close to 6'10'' LOL. Both shooting guards for MC are 6'3'' and will be the 2 most athletic kids maybe in the entire region. Pikeville has a solid team and i dont want to take anything away from them but Hale, Mckenzie, Davis and Sturgell are better shooters than anyone pikeville will suit up. Duff is a top 3 point guard in the region as well. I get the bias because pikeville is your team but to lose the best player the region has seen in the last 4 years and claim no one can compete is crazy. Pikeville couldnt beat MC with him what do you think they will do without him?  Mckenzie was listed at 175 last year and was very hard to stop from getting to the rim. He is over 205 now. I would like to see a good competitive game between pikeville and MC but i honestly expect a comfortable win of 15-20 points by MC. Our first 2 players off the bench would start at any other school in the 15th region as well so there is your depth.
(10-25-2023, 03:38 AM)Card2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2023, 09:06 PM)RUserious Wrote: [ -> ]
2. Pike Central
3. Martin County
4. Floyd Central
5. Shelby Valley
6. Magoffin
7. Johnson Central
8. Lawrence Co
9. Paintsville
10. Prestonsburg
The ONLY advantage pikeville has on Martin County is the Fitzer kid who is nowhere close to 6'10'' LOL. Both shooting guards for MC are 6'3'' and will be the 2 most athletic kids maybe in the entire region. Pikeville has a solid team and i dont want to take anything away from them but Hale, Mckenzie, Davis and Sturgell are better shooters than anyone pikeville will suit up. Duff is a top 3 point guard in the region as well. I get the bias because pikeville is your team but to lose the best player the region has seen in the last 4 years and claim no one can compete is crazy. Pikeville couldnt beat MC with him what do you think they will do without him?  Mckenzie was listed at 175 last year and was very hard to stop from getting to the rim. He is over 205 now. I would like to see a good competitive game between pikeville and MC but i honestly expect a comfortable win of 15-20 points by MC. Our first 2 players off the bench would start at any other school in the 15th region as well so there is your depth.
I don’t disagree with anything you said about your team but the facts are that PIKEVILLE is much larger and much better in defense…the guards that PIKEVILLE has are more pure shooters whereas Martin co has streak shooters, so I think if they  played 10 times Pikeville wins at least 8….
Martin county is my choice as regional champs
Back to back