Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern vs Belfry 9/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Southwestern (0-2)
Aug 18, 23 Ballard (L) 34 - 41 
Sep 1, 23 South Warren home (L) 28 - 46

Belfry (2-1)
Aug 18, 23 Breathitt County away (W) 48 - 14
Aug 25, 23 George Rogers Clark home (L) 27 - 53  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Johnson Central home (W) 48 - 20 ARH Bowl

History
Sep 13, 2013 Belfry 38 Southwestern 27
Sep 12, 2014 Belfry 28 Southwestern 7
Aug 23, 2019 Belfry 31 Southwestern 7

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...706a656543
Coin Flip

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9665789]
I'm going to start yapping and take Southwestern.
Southwestern will bring Belfry back to reality. 35-14
I don’t like picking against belfry……..but if they win this week…….Shocked wave in 3A

Southwestern 35
Belfry 21
Thoughts and predictions
Southwestern in a rout.
Close game at pond creek. Belfry by 7
Belfry
(09-04-2023, 02:53 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Southwestern in a rout.
PJDoug love you buddy but ain't going to happen
(09-04-2023, 10:53 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2023, 02:53 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Southwestern in a rout.
PJDoug love you buddy but ain't going to happen

Remember I told you so my friend. lol
Prove me wrong again Belfry...

Southwestern has played a strong 6A Ballard and a strong 5A South Warren. They moved the ball on both teams and Belfry's defense still is suspect.

Belfry's line has to play to the level they did in the First Half for all 4 Quarters.

Think Southwestern's depth and competition gives them the edge by 3 TD's. I think the four hour bus trip helps Belfry cut this a 2 TD loss.

Southwestern 42
Belfry 28
Southwestern 34 Belfry 14. Belfry defense can’t stop the run game that southwestern bringing to game.
Southwestern 38
Belfry 21
Neutral field
Southwestern - 35
Belfry-20

Pond Creek
Belfry - 35
Southwestern- 20

Going with the Pirates
(09-07-2023, 09:04 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Neutral field
Southwestern - 35
Belfry-20

Pond Creek
Belfry - 35
Southwestern- 20

Going with the Pirates

This stuff kills me.  Home field advantage is such a mythical premise, derived from homers that get their asses kicked when a better team comes to town.  

The better team will win, the team that plays the hardest will win, the team that doesn’t turn the ball over will win.  The field is the same size everywhere but balls vary apparently.

And I have no clue who will win.  Belfry is akin to a Jekyll/Hyde and Southwestern has played some top notch teams down to the wire.  

I hope for a good game with Belfry winning.
(09-07-2023, 11:13 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2023, 09:04 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Neutral field
Southwestern - 35
Belfry-20

Pond Creek
Belfry - 35
Southwestern- 20

Going with the Pirates

This stuff kills me.  Home field advantage is such a mythical premise, derived from homers that get their asses kicked when a better team comes to town.  

The better team will win, the team that plays the hardest will win, the team that doesn’t turn the ball over will win.  The field is the same size everywhere but balls vary apparently.

And I have no clue who will win.  Belfry is akin to a Jekyll/Hyde and Southwestern has played some top notch teams down to the wire.  

I hope for a good game with Belfry winning.

Tell that to Somerset.
If belfry don't turn the ball over they win at pond creek.
Long ride back to Pulaski county.

Belfry- 27
Southwestern-12
Pond creek 3 tds
I vastly underestimated the Pirates last week. Will not do that again. This game is a toss up. Winner should not be big shock. Only if a blow out either way. Should be close through out. If Belfry is consistent for all 4 quarters I think barring any injuries they can pull this one out. SW will be hungry for a win but it is a long bus ride. They can make the ride home a lot better with a win. Odds even on this one.
Belfry 35-22, with 2 passing TDs!
I wouldn’t bet the farm on a Belfry win. Hearing their starting QB may miss this game.
Top 2 QBs are out. One of them is also an excellent defensive player.