Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 48 Johnson Central 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
FINAL! 

Keep Yapping...

Boondock Saint- 'Eagles win with a running clock.'
Westside - "Belfry is going to get taken to the woodshed"
Westside -"I just think Central is out of their league."
Truewords -"Unfortunately Belfry is facing 3 straight losses starting with JC. Schedule gets much kinder after that"
Jetpilot - "Not after Belfry gave up 50+ to GRC"
EKUAlum - " I don't see Belfry hanging within 4-5 TD's since they can't stop JC's offense."
TheStickyBandit - "This one will be ugly by halftime....Eagles roll"
Blackcatpride - "I have tons of respect for both programs, but respect doesn’t win games. Eagles big"
jc is not healthy, but belfry still needed this win regardless. wouldve been a real good game with both teams at 100% but that isnt reality.............. good win but you have to build on it and for gods sake fix the fn cramp problems by any means necessary.
Congrats Pirates!
This one surprised me, a statement win for the Pirates. Congrats!
Congrats Belfry!
I see why Hoot Gibson is missing in action. Tough year so far for the hapless Eagles.
Don't expect me to say this again. Congratulations Pirates on your victory over the much overrated eagles Smile
(09-01-2023, 11:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I see why Hoot Gibson is missing in action.  Tough year so far for the hapless Eagles.

Their run is over.
(09-01-2023, 11:11 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: [ -> ]jc is not healthy, but belfry still needed this win regardless. wouldve been a real good game with both teams at 100% but that isnt reality.............. good win but you have to build on it and for gods sake fix the fn cramp problems by any means necessary.
Wasn’t most the kids out for JC out last week vs Pikeville too? I know Conley played first half vs a Pikeville but he doesn’t play defense I don’t think for JC. Belfry done what they wanted to offensively in this one.
(09-01-2023, 11:19 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2023, 11:11 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: [ -> ]jc is not healthy, but belfry still needed this win regardless. wouldve been a real good game with both teams at 100% but that isnt reality.............. good win but you have to build on it and for gods sake fix the fn cramp problems by any means necessary.
Wasn’t most the kids out for JC out last week vs Pikeville too? I know Conley played first half vs a Pikeville but he doesn’t play defense I don’t think for JC. Belfry done what they wanted to offensively in this one.
i think 2 of them left during the pikeville game. im a little concerned with how easily jc moved the ball in the second half but belfrys offensive line handled JC pretty much all night.
Congrats pirates!!!
JC up front not where they should be or what they were in the matney days, and the injuries in the backfield make it ten times worse. Rough start for the eagles but Belfry hit on all cylinders and deserve the all the credit in the world for a bounce back win.
Fools gold to ever count out a Haywood coached team. Lots of pride on the Creek. Congrats on the win!! See ya in a couple weeks! That was a complete clinic offensively for the Pirates.
For what it’s worth GRC just beat Pulaski 30-7. GRC is better than they were given credit for. 2nd half is what killed Belfry last week
Let’s just be honest. The JC team so far is mediocre at best
Maybe a lot of people should take a step back and realize GRC is a really big school with a coach who won a state title at Paintsville... That was pretty impressive. GRC will surprise people in 6A considering they put a hurting on Pulaski tonight too.

As for Belfry, I've been saying all year those young kids were another year older, stronger, faster and meaner. Belfry is the best team in 3A. Corbin spanked Lex Cath tonight and I'm still not sold on CAL.
(09-01-2023, 11:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2023, 11:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I see why Hoot Gibson is missing in action.  Tough year so far for the hapless Eagles.

Their run is over.

Kinda like Hoot's .  You own him.
Congratulations to the Pirates good win
(09-01-2023, 11:08 PM)BelfryPride Wrote: [ -> ]FINAL! 

Keep Yapping...

Truewords -"Unfortunately Belfry is facing 3 straight losses starting with JC. Schedule gets much kinder after that"
EKUAlum - " I don't see Belfry hanging within 4-5 TD's since they can't stop JC's offense."
Blackcatpride - "I have tons of respect for both programs, but respect doesn’t win games. Eagles big"
I will take my crow medium. I underestimated the Pirates and badly overestimated the Eagles. Belfry came to play. Hope they keep this roll going
You don’t realize how good a coach is till he’s gone.
JC just isn’t the same
(09-01-2023, 11:55 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]You don’t realize how good a coach is till he’s gone.
JC just isn’t the same
i really hate to say this but this is a concern i had as well... no disrespect to peck at all.....
Color me shocked
(09-01-2023, 11:08 PM)BelfryPride Wrote: [ -> ]FINAL! 

Keep Yapping...

I noticed you didn't show your face to yap any last week when GRC laid the wood to Belfry 53-27.  Why weren't you on here yapping then or are you just a fair weather fan?  You must have never heard the saying, "Win With Class".  You obviously didn't play at Belfry or I'm sure Coach Haywood would have taught you that.
(09-01-2023, 11:34 PM)bball_fan Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a lot of people should take a step back and realize GRC is a really big school with a coach who won a state title at Paintsville... That was pretty impressive. GRC will surprise people in 6A considering they put a hurting on Pulaski tonight too.

As for Belfry, I've been saying all year those young kids were another year older, stronger, faster and meaner. Belfry is the best team in 3A. Corbin spanked Lex Cath tonight and I'm still not sold on CAL.

Belfry is NOT the best team in 3A, but they smoked the birds.
By the end of the season Belfry will be the best school in 3A. Congratulations belfry with the big win. Coach peck from central is on the hot seat. New coach coming to Johnson Central
Wow, when I got the score I about fell out of my seat....Congratulations to Belfry!!! Speechless....
(09-01-2023, 11:30 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s just be honest. The JC team so far is mediocre at best

You know it.
(09-02-2023, 09:22 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, when I got the score I about fell out of my seat....Congratulations to Belfry!!! Speechless....

How's that Corbin-J.Central titanic struggle looking now?
Jc is still a team you can’t sleep on. You get behind early, it’s hard to come back from a team that can run the entire qtr out. But a lot was exposed last night. Belfry showed it’s a team that can lay wood in the right conditions. I don’t think either is a bad. Are they close to their peaks back a few years ago? No. But that’s not to say belfry can’t compete with some in their class. JC, is gonna have to get it together and get healthy. Otherwise it’s gonna be a long year going against some of the top EKy, NKy and Cky teams.
(09-02-2023, 01:01 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Jc is still a team you can’t sleep on. You get behind early, it’s hard to come back from a team that can run the entire qtr out. But a lot was exposed last night. Belfry showed it’s a team that can lay wood in the right conditions. I don’t think either is a bad. Are they close to their peaks back a few years ago? No. But that’s not to say belfry can’t compete with some in their class. JC, is gonna have to get it together and get healthy. Otherwise it’s gonna be a long year going against some of the top EKy, NKy and Cky teams.
How many key guys do the Eagles have out , due to injury?
Pages: 1 2 3