Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th favorite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i know its still football, and basketball is a couple months away    but as of now what your top 5 in the region?

knott
perry
breathitt
hazard
powell
Can't resist. It's Breathitt #1 until someone knocks them off! :)

But...can't see Knott at #1. Unproven. 
1 Perry
2 Breathitt
3 Knott 
4 Hazard
5 Estill
Gotta beat the best to be the best. Breathitt is easily in the top spot with the best player in the region in Sperry. Hard to see Knott knocking them off with the weak scheduling. Addition of Huff with make them a tough team tho. Perry always right there.

1. Breathitt
2. Perry
3. Knott
4. Letcher
5. Hazard
So many used the same old tired "someone has to beat the champs" last year against Breathitt.
What you did last year isn't worth one point this year. Does anyone in the 14th have an original thought?
(09-03-2023, 01:44 AM)HCS Wrote: [ -> ]So many used the same old tired "someone has to beat the champs" last year against Breathitt.
What you did last year isn't worth one point  this year. Does anyone in the 14th have an original thought?
Agree 100%. In no way is Breathitt the favorite, yes they have the best player but he no longer has 4 seniors out there with him, 2 dead eye shooters like combs and  Bellamy and 2 bigs down low like collins and Hoskins. Breathitt is the 3/4th best team this year.
They may win a fairly weak region, but not because they won last year. Honeycutt always does a great job. Sperry is the best player in the region, and they have a couple of others who can play.
Breathitt is #1. Nobody can guard Sperry. He does have help by the way. Slone headed back to KCC I hear.
(09-03-2023, 07:42 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt is #1.  Nobody can guard Sperry.  He does have help by the way.  Slone headed back to KCC I hear.
Slone is not leaving Perry.   But if he did, then Knott would have to be pre season #1. But he’s not leaving Perry     And sperry does not have anywhere near the bell he had last year.  Breathitt cannot win the region with what they have , they better add some pieces.
Perry is gonna miss Night and Day. Won’t be easy to replace them either. I think Sperry will demolish them.
I like Perry County Central. Coach Hoskins is the best coach in the 14th region and they have alot of good young talent lead by the best point guard (Beverly) in the region which will jell by tournament time. They return to Rupp Arena.
Best coach in the region, you must be a relative. Al Holland is King of Coaches in the 14th. It ain’t even close. Will agree with Beverly though, he is the best PG in the region when he’s healthy. Not heard much AAU talk about Beverly this year, really not any. How’s he coming along and developing athletically?
(09-04-2023, 03:12 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Best coach in the region, you must be a relative.  Al Holland is King of Coaches in the 14th.  It ain’t even close.  Will agree with Beverly though, he is the best PG in the region when he’s healthy.  Not heard much AAU talk about Beverly this year, really not any.  How’s he coming along and developing athletically?
And you must be a relative of sperry thinking  he will be enough to crush Perry   Not happening.  He better bring a lot of backup , he Weill miss  those 4 seniors a lot more then Perry will miss our 2.
perry and knott will be the 2 teams favored to win breathitt is in that 4-5 range powell letcher hazard
Beverly didn't play any of the summer scrimmages I saw. I don't think there is much difference between Perry, Knott and Breathitt. It comes down to who improves the most.
They will miss Tyler Day. He’s been the best player on PCCs team the past 3 years. Be stupid to say they won’t miss him. The kid was an athlete.
(09-04-2023, 10:02 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]They will miss Tyler Day.  He’s been the best player on PCCs team the past 3 years.  Be stupid to say they won’t miss him.  The kid was an athlete.
But not as stupid to say sperry will destroy perry himself lol.   We will miss day and knight but we have ole Ty coming back,Breathitt lost a ton and they have sperry coming back.

(09-04-2023, 10:43 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2023, 10:02 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]They will miss Tyler Day.  He’s been the best player on PCCs team the past 3 years.  Be stupid to say they won’t miss him.  The kid was an athlete.
But not as stupid to say sperry will destroy perry himself lol.   We will miss day and knight but we have a lot more coming back,Breathitt lost a ton and they have sperry coming back.
You guys have absolutely nobody that can remotely even begin to guard Sperry. You can put anyone out there and he can still beat you guys.
(09-05-2023, 08:24 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]You guys have absolutely nobody that can remotely even begin to guard Sperry.  You can put anyone out there and he can still beat you guys.
Yep definitely a relative lol. So it’s 1 on 1 now?  If it’s 1 on 1 then you’re right, sperry will win lol. But it’s 5 on 5 and Perry’s 5 is years better than Breathitt 5 , it’s simple.
Bellamy and Stacy match up well with Perry’s starters.
(09-05-2023, 11:15 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Bellamy and Stacy match up well with Perry’s starters.
Lol ok bud
End of day, he is better than anyone else in region. So barring he is healthy he will make the players around him better. All while still being better than anyone else in region. Can't take it from us until its gametime. Until then #1 and returning the best player in region.
Wrote this after last season..

It will be Perry’s to lose as they lose Knight & Day but return 4 of their 6 leading scorers in Slone, Woods, Castle and Beverly.

Breathitt loses 4 of their top 5 scorers but return region MVP Sperry and shooter I. Bellamy. I could see Sperry moving on to a more competitive team but we’ll say he stays for now.

Hazard loses 3 of their top 5 scorers in Hazell, Smith & Johnson but return shooters Caudill and Eversole. Their biggest loss of all though I believe will be the loss of Al Holland. If he actually hangs it up that is. They’ll have to pick up some players to compete with Perry I would think.

Knott returns their 3 leading scorers so they may try to play spoiler but in the end it will be Perry’s to lose.
(09-05-2023, 11:31 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: [ -> ]Wrote this after last season..

It will be Perry’s to lose as they lose Knight & Day but return 4 of their 6 leading scorers in Slone, Woods, Castle and Beverly.

Breathitt loses 4 of their top 5 scorers but return region MVP Sperry and shooter I. Bellamy. I could see Sperry moving on to a more competitive team but we’ll say he stays for now.

Hazard loses 3 of their top 5 scorers in Hazell, Smith & Johnson but return shooters Caudill and Eversole. Their biggest loss of all though I believe will be the loss of Al Holland. If he actually hangs it up that is. They’ll have to pick up some players to compete with Perry I would think.

Knott returns their 3 leading scorers so they may try to play spoiler but in the end it will be Perry’s to lose
I agree
Perry should be the favorite with all that talent coming back. I agree. Sperry is just a different animal. If he’s 100% come regional tournament time, The Cats will be a tuff out.
Probably going to take Breathitt several games to come together but there is hope. They did lose a lot but....Issac Belamy and Jackson Hamilton will probably be two of the best 3 point shooters in the 14th. Canon Gross has length and potential to develop inside. Hoskins is a hard guy to replace but Braxton Terry has the ball sense and muscle to get lots of rebounds. Sperry is Sperry. Breathitt will miss Luke Belamy's ball handling and ability to run point when Sperry isn't. Should be a good competitive season.
Breathitt will have 3-4 guys that can sub in and not hurt you, coaches son and a couple quick guards.
Breathitt not in same league as perry this year Sperry will see how life is without the 4 seniors and although hes a stud and best player in region , he cannot lead them to a region title its knott and perrys to lose this year
Breathitts replacements are better than advertised. You will see.
(09-07-2023, 12:00 PM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt not in same league as perry this year  Sperry will see how life is without the 4 seniors and although hes a stud and best player in region , he cannot lead them to a region title    its knott and perrys to lose this year
I understand Perry. But Knott? Every team, even bad ones, have leading scorers that may return but Knott got thumped by all the better teams in the 14th last year and I can't see the kid from Letcher returning making a huge difference. And their big graduated. I may get surprised though.
Jackson Hamiliton will be a shocker to the region, drastic improvement over the summer.
It’s clear breathitt this year won’t be breathitt last year y’all are beating a dead horse but the fact is those boys sat behind and practiced against regional champs everyday for 3 years so it’s ignorant to say breathitt doesn’t have a chance. Not a clear cut favorite because Perry and knott do return a lot but breathitt has some ball players. Time will tell with how teams develop. It’s clear cut that rydge cannot perform when he is the 1st option as he is more pass first. As it stands I’m gonna take
1. Knott
2.breathitt
3.Perry
4-16 who cares.
By district I expect it to be
1. Breathitt
2. Knott
3. Perry
4. Letcher
5.Hazard
6.wolfe (with the addition of flinchum)
Pages: 1 2 3