Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Media Network "WATCH LIST" Player of the year (Week 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kade Elam - Corbin
Treyshawn Holmes-Evans - North Laurel
Jude McWhorter - North Laurel
Hunter Messer - Lynn Camp
Deacon Partin - Pineville
Tate Rice, Clay County
Jacob Smith, Corbin
Noah Smith - South Laurel
Daniel Thomas - Bell County
Peyton Tye, Williamsburg
Kameron Wilson - Middlesboro
Why don't I see a Whitley County player on this list? Never any respect.
(08-31-2023, 03:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't I see a Whitley County player on this list? Never any respect.
The Steely kid probably should be on this list as I read on Facebook he accumulated 20 tackles against North Laurel. Not sure how you keep 20 tackles in a game off this list.
(08-31-2023, 10:14 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2023, 03:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't I see a Whitley County player on this list? Never any respect.
The Steely kid probably should be on this list as I read on Facebook he accumulated 20 tackles against North Laurel. Not sure how you keep 20 tackles in a game off this list.

Yeah and they have a few other capable kids.
You would have to ask Media Network, I was just the messenger.   I feel
the same way you do after watching them play against NL.
(08-31-2023, 02:03 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]

I was just asking in general. Whitley County gets left off a lot of these lists, even when they have some top notch players .
(08-31-2023, 03:14 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

I was just asking in general. Whitley County gets left off a lot of these lists, even when they have some top notch players .
I do not know the answer to this, I didn't realize they were often left off?   I assumed & you know what
that means many times, that they picked it according to what a kid does during the game?  I am not
even sure that is right?   Didn't someone say one of the WC kids had a lot of tackles in that game?
(08-31-2023, 04:02 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]

I do not know the answer to this, I didn't realize they were often left off?   I assumed & you know what
that means many times, that they picked it according to what a kid does during the game?  I am not
even sure that is right?   Didn't someone say one of the WC kids had a lot of tackles in that game?
I wasn't asking you specifically . They are biased with their picks. Whitley County has one of the best athletes in the region
(08-31-2023, 04:13 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

I wasn't asking you specifically . They are biased with their picks. Whitley County has one of the best athletes in the region
Sorry Guy, just thought you were directing the conversation possibly because I started this thread.   I will be sure not to comment directly to you again!

The guy who comes up with that list doesn't go to any games. My guess is he looks at some stats or relies on photographers on the sideline to pass information to him, when they aren't harassing the cheerleaders on the sideline.
(08-31-2023, 04:15 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2023, 02:03 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]You would have to ask Media Network, I was just the messenger.   I feel

Sorry Guy, just thought you were directing the conversation possibly because I started this thread.   I will be sure not to comment directly to you again!
No . I wasn't picking on you. I'm just talking to my self and wondering why my team doesn't have a player on the list.lol
They seem to base it off of stats and Whitley county doesn’t list any stats on khsaa scoreboard as of now. That would be my guess why none are on the list. It’ doesn’t seem to be about who may or may not be the best player or prospect per se but rather who is producing each week. All of those guys listed seem to be at or near the top in one statistical category or another. With that said, who knows if they have bias or not but it seems pretty transparent to me.
(08-31-2023, 09:40 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]They seem to base it off of stats and Whitley county doesn’t list any stats on khsaa scoreboard as of now. That would be my guess why none are on the list. It’ doesn’t seem to be about who may or may not be the best player or prospect per se but rather who is producing each week. All of those guys listed seem to be at or near the top in one statistical category or another. With that said, who knows if they have bias or not but it seems pretty transparent to me.

bias is  pretty transparent. which one on the list got more than 20 tackles last week?
(08-31-2023, 10:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2023, 09:40 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]They seem to base it off of stats and Whitley county doesn’t list any stats on khsaa scoreboard as of now. That would be my guess why none are on the list. It’ doesn’t seem to be about who may or may not be the best player or prospect per se but rather who is producing each week. All of those guys listed seem to be at or near the top in one statistical category or another. With that said, who knows if they have bias or not but it seems pretty transparent to me.

bias is  pretty transparent. which one on the list got more than 20 tackles last week?

Not sure but you missed my point, maybe tell your coaches to upload stats because as of now all Whitley Co players have ZERO official stats per KHSAA
(08-31-2023, 10:24 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2023, 10:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure but you missed my point, maybe tell your coaches to upload stats because as of now all Whitley Co players have ZERO official stats per KHSAA

I didn't miss anything. You tell them. Only an imposter would use KHSAA stats to create top player lists. It's allover the news that Whitley County had a player with 20 tackles in the last game. I don't even watch news and I know about it. Whitley County QB passed for 3 scores and ran for one in the first game. A kid that usually plays baseball scored 4 TD's. Seems like their stats are at least as good as several on the list. There's life outside KHSAA Smile
I was just told by a Coach, that Coaches have to turn in their stats so they can select from what they are given. Actually, they weren't left off intentionally, they didn't have anything to go by from them. They probably would have been some players from WC on that list had they turned in the info.
(09-01-2023, 01:33 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I was just told by a Coach, that Coaches have to turn in their stats so they can select from what they are given.  Actually, they weren't left off intentionally, they didn't have anything to go by from them.  They probably would have been some players from WC on that list had they turned in the info.

Nope, unacceptable. They should have seen on here or heard around town about the 700 tackles this kid had and the 10 TDs that kid had. It’s rigged