Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Henry Clay 69, Shelby Valley 38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another outstanding performance by the 15th region
After I saw HC's team on WYMT, I knew it would be a 30 point difference.
I must add I read a great deal from several SV and other schools about how bad SF represented the 15h in the ALL A
Well Coach Barry Hall and his boys Won a game then lost to a LCA team that played over its head.
But they did win a game.
Now we see the mighty Wildcats get tamed in a very strong manner
I sure we will see lots reasons why this happened,
But lets face it the mountains play under different rules our officials call touch fouls, when you leave the mountains our kids are not accustomed to it
Doc
I watched them play in Dec
and I new they no chance
I would just like to say congrats to the wildcats for making it to the game. I wish the 15th would have made a better showing, but like everyone seems to agree on, our kids are at a disadvantage when we go up to the big show because of our touch fouls. But congrats all the same to the valley wildcats.
does anyone have any stats for the game.
nice career by friend, tackett, and bentley.
So if we got better officiating in the 15th then the boys would do better at state? I guess i acn agree with this to a point. but i also think that if the coaches in the 15th would start to focus more or tryin to do something at state instead of deciding that a regional championship is good enough for them, then I think we would see so better games in the first round. Cause who else, other than P'ville has made it past the first round?
Valley did a poor job of representing us but i can't really say much. I think they did the best of their abilty and you cant ask for more. But, the coaches do need to do something to help our teams compete better at the state level. I dont think its the officating because in the 15th region tourney some teams got beat to death. Touch fouls and such arent really a major factor in why our teams are getting beat first round. But, thats part of it. I think its all in the players heads. CTD, thats a good question, I really dont know.
All you have to do is go to regular season games in other regions, the difference is they let you play. They dont dont call a great deal of fouls at state where here in the 15th you see players taking 25 to 30 free throws a game.
Landon Slone shooting 29 of 35 at the ft line is not going to happen at Rupp
I expected a better showing from the regional champs
NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD IN PARTICULAR, JUST AN OBSERVATION.
JUST HAPPENED TO SEE THE SAME IRKSOME BEHAVIOR IN THIS THREAD AS MANY OTHERS.

THATS A REAL GOOD WAY TO BUILD TRAFFIC AND RESPECT FOR YOUR WEBSITE.
STAFF IT WITH MODERATORS / HATERS WHO ARE RUDE AND CRUDE WITH LITTLE CLASS AND OBVIOUS MINIMAL EDUCATION.
IF IT WERE NOT FREE WOULD ANYONE BE HERE EXCEPT FOR THE MODS??
CERTAINLY NO ONE WITH SIGNIFICANT INTELLECT WOULD EVER PAY TO BE PART OF THIS CRASS AND DEMEANING DIJECTORY OF NON-EXISTANT SPORTSMANSHIP.
GOOD LUCK, AND CONSIDER THE MANY REASONS FOR THE SUCCESS OF BGP...
LOGGED OFF AND LIKELY SUSPENDED. Cry
Valley had 24 turnovers, looks like they needed a point guard.
"fiveforfighting" Wrote:NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD IN PARTICULAR, JUST AN OBSERVATION.
JUST HAPPENED TO SEE THE SAME IRKSOME BEHAVIOR IN THIS THREAD AS MANY OTHERS.

THATS A REAL GOOD WAY TO BUILD TRAFFIC AND RESPECT FOR YOUR WEBSITE.
STAFF IT WITH MODERATORS / HATERS WHO ARE RUDE AND CRUDE WITH LITTLE CLASS AND OBVIOUS MINIMAL EDUCATION.
IF IT WERE NOT FREE WOULD ANYONE BE HERE EXCEPT FOR THE MODS??
CERTAINLY NO ONE WITH SIGNIFICANT INTELLECT WOULD EVER PAY TO BE PART OF THIS CRASS AND DEMEANING DIJECTORY OF NON-EXISTANT SPORTSMANSHIP.
GOOD LUCK, AND CONSIDER THE MANY REASONS FOR THE SUCCESS OF BGP...
LOGGED OFF AND LIKELY SUSPENDED. Cry

Almost everyone on this site is a fan of some team. So naturally they are going to root and argue for that team. I don't know who you are talking about, but yes sometimes everyone gets a little out of hand. The mods aren't here to side with everyone, they are here to see that stupid arguments don't get started, and to make sure that stupid things aren't said. But they do have their opinions too. And on this site everyone is allowed to express their opinion, how they see fit. Even the mods. Now if you don't agree with a mod, then tell them about it, they are people too. Us mods joined this site to be able to have a place to express our opinions without having to worry about getting kicked off cause we aren't from the city or the north. So just becuase we might have moderator under our name doesn't mean we have to agree with everything everyone says.
Seth Kiser would have really helped Valley in this game but he would not have brought them close to victory...I must congradulate the Wildcats for making it that far, too bad they couldnt make a better showing tho...great careers for all of Valley's seniors
O and when someone said only P'Ville made it past the 1st round, did they mean Pikeville or Paintsville, becasue they both made it past the 1st rounds, in fact Paintsville won it and Pikevill got beat out by the ptotential champs!
that was my bad D30 i forgot about Pikeville winning in the first round.. i was talking about P'ville
that was my bad D30 i forgot about Pikeville winning in the first round.. i was talking about Paintsville
its all good CTD, when ppl think about how bad Pikeville is now, they never realize or remember the team from 1999 that won a game down there...the other nite at the HC v SV game they recognized JR Vanhoose during half time, its amazing what that guy accomplished!
what did they recgonize about him?
I just want to say that even though they got beat pretty badly that this team has accomplished alot. Going to state 3 out of 4 years takes a lot. Even though this game wasn't the best in the world I don't believe that any other team from the 15th would have done any better. Congrats to Patrick Tackett, Kesley Friend and Kris Bentley. They will forever be remembered and I wish them well in everything they do.
I completely agree bessie.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:All you have to do is go to regular season games in other regions, the difference is they let you play. They dont dont call a great deal of fouls at state where here in the 15th you see players taking 25 to 30 free throws a game.

In this game, I can understand your opinion on the officating doc. But, during the regular season its not as likely. Ive watched games where they let them play too much and fights were about it happen. I guess its just region that this happens. It seems that way.
"SuperMario" Wrote:
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:All you have to do is go to regular season games in other regions, the difference is they let you play. They dont dont call a great deal of fouls at state where here in the 15th you see players taking 25 to 30 free throws a game.

In this game, I can understand your opinion on the officating doc. But, during the regular season its not as likely. Ive watched games where they let them play too much and fights were about it happen. I guess its just region that this happens. It seems that way.
If the officials let them play to the point there are near fights, then could it be a self discipline and coaching issue rather than an officiating issue???
Why blame the officials??? Why not blame those undisciplined individuals???
Congrats to Valley on a great season and good luck to Booher next season considering all his "STARS" are gone. Valley was just playing against a team that was better in the transition game who saw the floor well and was a more pysical team. HC ran Valley to death probley the best in shape kid for Valley which would b Tackett was practically laying on the floor during the first time out in the first quarter. You may not have noticed though b/c he was behind the huddle. Clay shut down Bentley which realy changed the game. Friend didnt realy seem as if he wanted to play.

OHHH and also CTD Johnson Central made it past the 1st round the year they went i think it was 2000 mayb.
Where's alfus at now? :lol:
"Punisher" Wrote:Where's alfus at now? :lol:

Just got back from Spring Break in Florida...Some people actually have lives outside of their computer ya know....Not much to say...15th region champs, and then one and out against a tough Lexington team..I didn't expect more OR less....
It was an embarassment to the 15th region. They were scared to death.

Henry Clay did not impress me at all. SV played that bad. However, good season for Rodney Rowe's team. They had a good year.
Like I said before.. I dont think anyone else in the 15th region would have done any better.
I think the 15th will never have a good chance at rupp to win the state.
There just isnt enough kids here to find great talent like the old paintsville teams or allen centrals. There is just to many students down state, so its easier to find good talent because of so many students in one school. I think the only chance may be to win the all A. But good run for the kids from S.V.