Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin County vs North Laurel 9/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Franklin County will travel to North Laurel this Friday. 

Franklin County (2-0)
Aug 18, 23 Great Crossing away (W) 23 - 21  BGO Battle of Elkhorn Creek 
Aug 26, 23 Bryan Station at Boyle County (W) 17 - 10  Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank

North Laurel (1-1)
Aug 18, 23 Bell County home (L) 7 - 19 
Aug 25, 23 Whitley County away (W) 19 - 7

History
NONE

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...706a656543
Franklin County too much for North Laurel at the moment after what I saw Saturday night.... Smile

[Image: OGC.7d85a5c02059d1ea9e9bd0575b9adc82?pid...U0haszo%3d]
(08-27-2023, 11:27 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Franklin County too much for North Laurel at the moment after what I saw Saturday night.... Smile

Well, if FC has a master plan that can stop NL's Defense, especially in the backfield, possibly?
(08-27-2023, 01:19 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2023, 11:27 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Franklin County too much for North Laurel at the moment after what I saw Saturday night.... :)

Well, if FC has a master plan that can stop NL's Defense, especially in the backfield, possibly?

Not sure I follow you, can you repeat the question?

Not sure what FC will have back from injury. North Laurel I hear is huge? This group at FC was killed by north laurel in middle school state title game in 8th grade.
If North Laurel can’t stop #24 Christian Moore it could be a long night for North Laurel defense……with that said

Franklin County 35
North Laurel 07
NL killed the Flyer seniors when in the 8th grade state championships. Be interested if they can flip the script vs the bigger team.
(08-28-2023, 09:50 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]NL killed the Flyer seniors when in the 8th grade state championships. Be interested if they can flip the script vs the bigger team.

Wow! I thought Franklin County looked solid on defense at the Rebel Bowl. I was paying attention to the Oline and Dline. That is the key to any game but especially this one. Whoever wins the trench wars will win this game. I thought Franklin County looked very good this early in the season in those 2 departments. They had to be on point because Bryan Station isn't a bad lookng team, plenty of athletes and played hard. North has only put up 7 points in the first game and 19 points in the second game. Franklin has scored 23 points and 17 points in their two games. I think when the dust settles that the first team to 21 points will win this game. North will have a hard time putting 21 points on that Franklin County defense. IMO.  Smile
FC 48 North 20
I pick North Laurel 21-13.
(08-28-2023, 11:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]I pick North Laurel 21-13.

What is your reasons for the pick?
Smile Meanwhile in Whitley County.....

[Image: AcidicPassionateEmu.webp]
(08-29-2023, 10:13 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]

Franklin County should win this game and I don't even like North Laurel Smile , but the game is being played at London. North Laurel is a physical team that's tough in the trenches and have a pretty  good defense. They have a couple strong running backs. They have potential is what they have. if they put everything together they'll compete with anybody.
(08-29-2023, 10:19 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Smile Meanwhile in Whitley County.....

Yep. look for me at the new stadium in Corbin.
(08-29-2023, 10:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2023, 10:19 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Smile Meanwhile in Whitley County.....

Yep. look for me at the new stadium in Corbin.

PJ is now a assistant Coach... Smile
(08-29-2023, 10:23 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2023, 10:13 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]

Franklin County should win this game and I don't even like North Laurel Smile , but the game is being played at London. North Laurel is a physical team that's tough in the trenches and have a pretty  good defense. They have a couple strong running backs. They have potential is what they have. if they put everything together they'll compete with anybody.

Gotcha. It should be a good game, I dont see the high scoring everyone sees. my self. we shall see.
Speed kills.....

Franklin County- 42
North- 14
NL 27-21
Heard NL Defense was really good. At home gotta go with NL 14 Franklin County 7.
No respect from some for Franklin County is it homer syndrome or are the rest of us missing something? I'd like to see Bryan Station-NL.
(08-31-2023, 01:38 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: [ -> ]No respect from some for Franklin County is it homer syndrome or are the rest of us missing something? I'd like to see Bryan Station-NL.

This team has not been dominate in either game squeaking by in both wins. So I am  not sure they have earned the right to be picked to blow out anyone.
Franklin County pulls out the win. Flyers fumbled away a possible 4 scoring drives. This team, likes to play in some close ones I guess!
(09-02-2023, 09:37 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Franklin County pulls out the win. Flyers fumbled away a possible 4 scoring drives.  This team, likes to play in some close ones I guess!

I knew something was up. North took one of the fumbles in by the sounds of it. Franklin County a totally different animal when the starting QB comes back. But also, Franklin County held North to 6 points. So just a defensive game by the sounds of it.
(09-02-2023, 09:37 AM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Franklin County pulls out the win. Flyers fumbled away a possible 4 scoring drives.  This team, likes to play in some close ones I guess!

Whitley County did the same thing against North. It has something to do with North having a pretty good team though Smile
They have a good team. Also FC handed the ball to them four times after good gains… not really from any big hit either, just poor ball skillls.
Franklin County will get there QB back and be a completely different team by Novemeber.