Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central vs Lawrence County 9/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Perry County Central will travel to Lawrence County this Friday. 

Perry County Central (2-0)
Aug 18, 23 Somerset home (W) 22 - 21 
Aug 25, 23 Breathitt County home (W) 29 - 26

Lawrence County (1-1)
Aug 18, 23 Rowan County away (W) 34 - 14 
Aug 25, 23 Shelby Valley home (L) 0 - 14

History
Aug 27, 1999 Lawrence County 77 Perry County Central 42
Sep 9, 2011 Perry County Central 48 Lawrence County 21
Sep 7, 2012 Perry County Central 50 Lawrence County 49

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
Don’t know a lot about Lawrence, but from
What I’ve seen, I think Perry’s offense will be able to score enough to win this one.

Perry 28
Lawrence 16
I guess the LC faithful have went in hiding but I am picking LC personally I am not sold Perry Central yet they beat Somerset (our should they have won that game) and a in my opinion a bad Breathitt County team not that Breathitt don’t have talent they are to undisciplined team
Either they went hiding or still regrouping from Friday haha. I think there will be a much better showing by the Dawgs this week after a heavy practice week. The defense played well enough to win, offense has to get going.
Go Dawgs I like LC in this one 37-22.
Lawrence County bounces back this week with a solid win!
I believe both teams are near even from what I've saw. But once again looking for another close game for PCC. They've pulled out the last 2 why not this one. 34-28 PCC.
LC got shutout by a bad SV defense last week so I’m going to take Perry in this one

Perry 28
LC 14
Give credit to SV but it wasn’t just their defense that caused the shut out. Lawrence had self inflicting wounds with bad snaps all night and penalties that put them in almost impossible down and distance many times.
perry 32
lawrence 22
LC won’t face a QB like they did last week. Lc should bounce back this week. 35-18
51% of the time I go with the home team

Lawrence County 28
Perry Central 21
(08-29-2023, 07:49 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: [ -> ]LC won’t face a QB like they did last week. Lc should bounce back this week. 35-18
The QB last  week hold the to zero? Lol.
From what I saw on NFHS replay, Lawrence County is in trouble if teams guard the flats and deep ball. There doesn’t seem to be much going on in between. If you stop the run, they won’t beat you passing. I don’t know if it is because they are not capable or if it is just play calling, but it doesn’t seem like their offense is much of a mystery. You can only be predictable if you’re so much better than your opponent that it doesn’t matter.

LC Grad do they ever run quick slants or crossing routes of any kind? Seems like they could attack the middle of the field at some point.
Perry County Central 28
Lawrence County 14
(08-28-2023, 02:01 AM)EastKentuckyHeisman Wrote: [ -> ]I believe both teams are near even from what I've saw. But once again looking for another close game for PCC. They've pulled out the last 2 why not this one. 34-28 PCC.
PCC is down 2 senior lineman one to a torn acl and the other quit it’ll be a good match upfront the PCC coaches always have something up their sleeves
I'm going with the Dawg.
Definitely, they couldn’t get in any rhythm last week due to bad snaps consistently. We have to keep in mind the starting quarterback is coming back from an illness and was not 100 percent and had not had any reps in weeks so there’s going to be rust and mistakes.
(08-30-2023, 03:40 AM)Wxzbazo Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2023, 02:01 AM)EastKentuckyHeisman Wrote: [ -> ]I believe both teams are near even from what I've saw. But once again looking for another close game for PCC. They've pulled out the last 2 why not this one. 34-28 PCC.
PCC is down 2 senior lineman one to a torn acl and the other quit it’ll be a good match upfront the PCC coaches always have something up their sleeves

Who quit?
(08-29-2023, 08:07 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2023, 07:49 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: [ -> ]LC won’t face a QB like they did last week. Lc should bounce back this week. 35-18
lol i didnt know QB talent is what shut out a team either   and SV does have a great QB, but the SV defense is what beat Lawrence, as for Perry we are fine at QB, our offense will be fine, if our defense plays well, then perry will win this game
I would say credit goes to SV defense for sure but a lot of of that was self inflicted and playing behind the sticks on LC’s part. Everyone looks better when you have 15-30 yards to go consistently for a first down.
(08-30-2023, 02:05 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]I would say credit goes to SV defense for sure but a lot of of that was self inflicted and playing behind the sticks on LC’s part. Everyone looks better when you have 15-30 yards to go consistently for a first down.
I agree there was a lot self inflicted , as a Perry fan, we can only hope for some more self inflicted lol because we sure do some self inflicting ourselves.
It’s part of the game and mistakes are going to happen, just hope to do have them minimally. If their offense can get going, and I think it will, they will be a tough outing.
perry is down 2 starting defensive linemen, one to ACL tear during somerset game (robinson) who was our best run stopper, and then one quit during Breathitt game, Breathitt took full advantage and ran the ball up the middle and had a ton of success, so perry has to figure out the defensive line situation fast or lawrence and other teams will feed off the run game, which runs clock and keeps our offense off the field
Robinson played nose, which one quit?
(08-31-2023, 12:26 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Robinson played nose, which one quit?
Cornett
Why did he quit? I didn’t see him on the field.
(08-31-2023, 01:44 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Why did he quit? I didn’t see him on the field.
Quit in the second Quarter.  I don’t know why
Hate to hear that, must have been something serious for him to quit. Been watching film of PCC, they are a good football team.
(08-28-2023, 02:45 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]LC got shutout by a bad SV defense last week so I’m going to take Perry in this one

Perry 28
LC 14
Lc beat theirself up. Approximately 10 of the snaps was 20 foot over the qbs head. When they would get things rolling they would beat thereself up. You will see a totally different animal tonight. I'll tell ya what. Lcs defense held sv to only 14 points. Lucky they stepped up on bad field position when they did. Or it could've been alot worse. The score was 8-0 at halftime, so it want no blowout. LC just couldn't get any luck under centerDont get me wrong. Svs rb and line was on point. Bur LC wasn't on point

(08-30-2023, 09:49 AM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2023, 08:07 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
lol i didnt know QB talent is what shut out a team either   and SV does have a great QB, but the SV defense is what beat Lawrence, as for Perry we are fine at QB, our offense will be fine, if our defense plays well, then perry will win this game
I'm taking lc 28 PC 14
  Lawrence matches well with posts line. Lawrence looks for redemption. Only thing that killed Lawrence was the intimidation sv had on our line!!! And I'm telling you Lawrence will be a better looking team tonight
Pages: 1 2