Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro vs Gate City, VA 9/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Middlesboro will travel to Virginia to play Gate City this Friday. 

Middlesboro (2-0)
Aug 19, 23 Harlan County home (W) 14 - 6 C
Aug 26, 23 Garrard County away (W) 14 - 13  Garrard County Bowl

Gate City, VA (1-0)
Won against Richlands 34-7

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...fb23/89861
I used to live near here and always enjoyed watching the Blue Devils, looking forward to seeing how this matchup plays out. I hope Middlesboro brings a crew in to play with them.
Middlesboro @ Gate city va
Check them out and last year was there best year record wise since 2014.
Legion Field is a tough place to play. Big test for the Jackets.
Gate city wins this one. Jackets are struggling too bad on offense even tho the defense has been better than expected goin into the season.
Give me Gate City.
These Jackets returned most of their starters and key contributors from last year, but cannot move the ball. I don’t wanna pick against them but improvements need to be made because the talent they have should be better than this.
If Gate City beat Richland's by that score, I'm definitely going with Gate City.
As a Boro fan I know nothing about Gate City except its close to Kingsport TN and I've been thru there once that's it

So hard to pick this one, all I know is Middlesboro better figure it out on offense.  The talent is there but the play calling isn't

I've heard the Jackets will roll and the Jackets will lose so I guess will find out Friday night.
I haven't heard much on Gate City in a long time, but I do know that beating Richland's is huge. They are your typical southwest Virginia powerhouse winning multiple state titles, and have seen many on here refer to them as the Belfry, Pikeville of SW Virginia. With that being said the tornados good be down, and Gate City not be as good as that score shows. It's hard to tell on this one, but that's how I picked Gate City in this one. Win or lose it will be a good game to get Mboro ready come playoffs.