Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frederick Douglass 17 Trinity 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final a nice road 6A win for the Broncos.
MORE than a nice win. Beating Trinity at Trinity and shutting them out for most of the game makes Douglass Kentucky's best football team.
Coaching change coming for T before next season IMO
Wow!!! Huge win!! Congratulations Fredrick Douglas!!
Congratulations Fredrick Douglas
What’s going on with the rocks the past few years. Talent going elsewhere? Coaching?
(08-27-2023, 03:57 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]What’s going on with the rocks the past few years. Talent going elsewhere? Coaching?
10% less talent, 90% coaching.
Cobb is not the coach that Beatty was and it's painfully obvious on offense. The man is still a good defensive coordinator, there's a reason the defense only gave up 10 points despite being on the field all night, but Cobb cannot get anything clicking on offense. The Oline outmuscled Bryan Station last week, but against a better defense like Frederick Douglas, the basic playcalling got exposed hard.
Recruitment battle the last few years has been won by the Xavierans or the Christians in Middletown. The Rocks have won this years class, and this season's seniors are pretty good. QB is the issue. Johnson has no business starting for Trinity, but I get it because Hepner isn't very good either. There is a reason he left St. Xavier after Havill transferred from Trinity. I think the Rocks are still the best complete team in 6A. Sadly, I think if FTR doesn't win it this year, the Jay Cobb experiment is over. Critical time too, considering rumors about Chris Wolfe retirement. We could see two primer jobs in the country open in the same year.