Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 46 Harlan 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Congratulations Clay County!
I was hoping Harlan would be good. KY Class A might be the weakest class in the whole USA ad I'm being serious.
Waste of time..........No way Clay should be playing this game.....Harlan looked like a glorified JV team. Will they even have enough kids to play next week.
Good win clay I had expected this to be closer.
(08-26-2023, 01:34 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping Harlan would be good. KY Class A might be the weakest class in the whole USA ad I'm being serious.

1A in Kentucky isn't even close to being the worst division among surrounding states. Small school football in Kentucky is stronger than WV and quite possibly Tennessee. Take the 32 smallest schools in any state playing 11-man football and Kentucky might actually in the top half. Pikeville's strength through incredible resources and the ability to attract players would make them a serious outlier in almost any state's smallest class.
(08-26-2023, 07:08 PM)dodger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2023, 01:34 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping Harlan would be good. KY Class A might be the weakest class in the whole USA ad I'm being serious.

1A in Kentucky isn't even close to being the worst division among surrounding states.  Small school football in Kentucky is stronger than WV and quite possibly Tennessee.  Take the 32 smallest schools in any state playing 11-man football and Kentucky might actually in the top half.  Pikeville's strength through incredible resources and the ability to attract players would make them a serious outlier in almost any state's smallest class.
Respectfully imma say no on TN. TNs 1A public class has 54 teams. Whereas it’s impossible to miss the playoffs in KY in 1A. The bottom 32 of those 54 teams maybe but with the exception of pikeville i think TN has some teams that would dominate in the smaller ranks. And really any class cause imagine if Alcoa played in KY 3A. It would be a blood bath.
Most all of 1A in Kentucky is just small rural schools in small communities, where a larger County school resides. Example Harlan and Harlan Co. That may not be the case everywhere but its just a small school and community class.
No most of these schools won't compete at high levels, with the exception being Pikeville and a few more. Rest of these schools are never good or will he good a yr and bad for 10. Just the way it is, that's why there are classes.

(08-26-2023, 08:15 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2023, 07:08 PM)dodger Wrote: [ -> ]

1A in Kentucky isn't even close to being the worst division among surrounding states.  Small school football in Kentucky is stronger than WV and quite possibly Tennessee.  Take the 32 smallest schools in any state playing 11-man football and Kentucky might actually in the top half.  Pikeville's strength through incredible resources and the ability to attract players would make them a serious outlier in almost any state's smallest class.
Respectfully imma say no on TN. TNs 1A public class has 54 teams. Whereas it’s impossible to miss the playoffs in KY in 1A. The bottom 32 of those 54 teams maybe but with the exception of pikeville i think TN has some teams that would dominate in the smaller ranks. And really any class cause imagine if Alcoa played in KY 3A. It would be a blood bath.