Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 19 Whitley 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Congratulations North!!
I was hoping WC would pull it out. But I guess the rushing attack that north laurel recruited from us pushed them over the edge… lol
I drove over late to Whitley and got there just as the game started after all the lightning delays. I will say NL surprised me on defense they were as reported strong/fast in the backfield. The offense could use some tweaking, The Evans kid for NL was a strong runner and had all their TDs I believe. He is a strong kid and fun to watch. NL also had a kid there that every time he touched the ball something big happened he just wasn't in on offense all the time, but played defense like a college player. He was #10 and the people sitting by me kept saying he was a freshman & a buddy also told me the same thing after last week's game. Whitley's QB is a nice quality player as well enjoyed watching him, he had some really good moves but just couldn't get people where they needed to be at times. I didn't see anything that couldn't be fixed from either team, it was a decent game & we enjoyed it. We said we would go back and watch both teams play after the game.
This game was a lot closer than the score showed, not a bad outing by Whitley and congrats to NL on doing enough to get the win. It sure looked like the Whitley QB stuck the ball over from the 1/2 yard with a min or so to go to score but my viewpoint wasn’t the best on that play. NL grabbed it or forced a fumble and came flying out ti return it back past midfield to end the game. That Whitley TD would have put the score at 19-14 with 30 sec to go and an onside kick coming. I was very impressed with Whitley and North at times. I was unimpressed with NL ability to finish drives and punch the ball in the end zone. They will definitely have to clean that up if they hope to compete with Southwestern this year.
It went about like I thought it would, I think Whitley might struggle this year especially on the defensive side of the ball.
(08-26-2023, 05:31 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]This game was a lot closer than the score showed, not a bad outing by Whitley and congrats to NL on doing enough to get the win. It sure looked like the Whitley QB stuck the ball over from the 1/2 yard with a min or so to go to score but my viewpoint wasn’t the best on that play. NL grabbed it or forced a fumble and came flying out ti return it back past midfield to end the game. That Whitley TD would have put the score at 19-14 with 30 sec to go and an onside kick coming. I was very impressed with Whitley and North at times. I was unimpressed with NL ability to finish drives and punch the ball in the end zone. They will definitely have to clean that up if they hope to compete with Southwestern this year.
North Laurel did the same last week against Bell. Had long drives then would fumble before they could come away with points. They definitely need to clean their act up if they want to compete with the Pulaski county schools.

I did see that NL had another punt return TD called back this week. They seem to have some players that make things happen quick. I’m glad that we got that game over with week one and only have to prep for the Rockcastle Jaguars in the future.  Big Grin
(08-26-2023, 03:58 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I drove over late to Whitley and got there just as the game started after all the lightning delays.  I will say NL surprised me on defense they were as reported strong/fast in the backfield.  The offense could use some tweaking, The Evans kid for NL was a strong runner and had all their TDs I believe.  He is a strong kid and fun to watch. NL also had a kid there that every time he touched the ball something big happened he just wasn't in on offense all the time, but played defense like a college player.  He was #10 and the people sitting by me kept saying he was a freshman & a buddy also told me the same thing after last week's game.    Whitley's QB is a nice quality player as well enjoyed watching him, he had some really good moves but just couldn't get people where they needed to be at times.  I didn't see anything that couldn't be fixed from either team, it was a decent game & we enjoyed it.  We said we would go back and watch both teams play after the game.

Reckon he look good in Red..
(08-27-2023, 05:43 AM)Woodshed Wrote: [ -> ]It went about like I thought it would, I think Whitley might struggle this year especially on the defensive side of the ball.

From where I was standing Friday , I saw a lot of fight from the Colonels on defense. I didn't see struggling. They didn't move the ball  very well, but I could immediately tell that they are well coached and  improved.