Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 40 Letcher County Central 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Rams pick up a big W it may be a few weeks before they get another one.
We looked better at times than I thought we would and LCC looked less impressive than I thought they would at times. Then the rolls reversed lol. LCC is young and will be good for awhile. #7 is a tough kid. Hope we can keep this game on the schedule. D and D sports had me rolling. They couldn’t get a name or number right. “Lamar” Lundy started the game at 6’2” 215 and by games end was 6’4…crazy how that worked. And Elias Jackson didn’t even play but got a sack and is apparently 6’10” 310lbs…boys eating good I guess lol.
Congratulations Rams and I told you so
Great game and atmosphere! #18 for Letcher had no help he was all over the field making plays, the kid is a stud. #2 is a brute for Raceland! Qb for Raceland is a great player and Qb for Letcher has a good Qb for a freshman!
Whoever said we had to be two touchdowns better wasn’t kidding. The officiating was absolutely baffling to say the least.
RAD were you with those guys in Raceland shirts in Pikeville B-Dubs before the game ordering all those waters and iced teas causing me to have to wait 30 minutes for a beer?
Congrats Rams..The Rams needed to make a statement and they did
I don't know what will happen between Pikeville and Johnson Central tomorrow night but Pikeville and Raceland are gonna be fun to watch in the season and state championship game in December.
All is well in Ramville.  This is an impressive victory.
(08-26-2023, 01:37 AM)The jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]RAD were you with those guys in Raceland shirts in Pikeville B-Dubs before the game ordering all those waters and iced teas causing me to have to wait 30 minutes for a beer?
Nope. Not me
(08-26-2023, 02:21 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2023, 01:37 AM)The jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]RAD were you with those guys in Raceland shirts in Pikeville B-Dubs before the game ordering all those waters and iced teas causing me to have to wait 30 minutes for a beer?
Nope. Not me

Good to know lol
Really good win for Raceland for a lot of reasons. It helps with their RPI and it keeps their program going in the right direction. It’s always interesting to see the week 1 results be brought into focus more as we learn who teams really are. Raceland may or may not be able to compete with Highlands, LCA, or Pikeville the first time, but they can do so with no pressure now. They’ll win the rest of their games and I look forward to seeing how they can develop their team to go against Pikeville in the state title game. This also tells me Ashland is pretty good this season and has a shot to compete in their district. That’s good for football in our area.
I agree with you there 16th…I think Ashland may be better than I had originally thought. After sleeping on it, this game is probably a running clock without the delay. That changed all momentum. I think Mike if starting to figure out who we are offensively and what we gotta do to compensate for the youth upfront. The run game was much better last night and there were different looks that made it happen. But defensively we still have a ways to go. Our CB need help over the top for sure. That’s going to hurt us if we don’t fix it against the 3 remaining non-district opponents.
I gott ma give the kids credit for keeping their heads on that one drive by LCC. 70 yard drive all in penalties. I would’ve lost my head and said something to the refs and got tossed hahah. The last one on 4th down was the best. The LCC receiver was behind two Raceland DB’s in the end zone and he tried to run back to the ball between them to get to the ball and yep….yellow hanky. The dudes calling the game on the live stream all started laughing haha. Good win by the Rams….it was tough on both teams starting late then a hour delay. We gotter did boys
(08-26-2023, 08:48 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]I gott ma give the kids credit for keeping their heads on that one drive by LCC. 70 yard drive all in penalties. I would’ve lost my head and said something to the refs and got tossed hahah. The last one on 4th down was the best. The LCC receiver was behind two Raceland DB’s in the end zone and he tried to run back to the ball between them to get to the ball and yep….yellow hanky. The dudes calling the game on the live stream all started laughing haha. Good win by the Rams….it was tough on both teams starting late then a hour delay. We gotter did boys
The pass interference call that took away the interception in the 2nd quarter was pretty bad too.
(08-26-2023, 09:52 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2023, 08:48 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]I gott ma give the kids credit for keeping their heads on that one drive by LCC. 70 yard drive all in penalties. I would’ve lost my head and said something to the refs and got tossed hahah. The last one on 4th down was the best. The LCC receiver was behind two Raceland DB’s in the end zone and he tried to run back to the ball between them to get to the ball and yep….yellow hanky. The dudes calling the game on the live stream all started laughing haha. Good win by the Rams….it was tough on both teams starting late then a hour delay. We gotter did boys
The pass interference call that took away the interception in the 2nd quarter was pretty bad too.
Yes ….I can’t remember who it was but our DB played it perfectly. We made a great interception and yet….it gets taken away
Overall last night was a good game though. What impressed me the most was how we responded after being delayed for over an hour. Next week will be the true test to see where we are at though. Obviously we always want to win but if we can go to Hambley and play within 2 scores of Pikeville I’ll take it.
140 penalty yards for Raceland. 30 for lcchs. 6 pass interference penalties on one drive. One of which was legit. Poor back judge would throw his flag and have absolutely no idea what he was going to call or who he was going to call it on. One our defender was the inside guy and made the interception and they called pi on our guy.
Ashland must be pretty good this year. Raceland is a good team. Letcher went on the road last week and beat a good Shelby Valley team by 2 scores and Raceland beat LCC convincingly last night.
Assland was a disappointing loss for Raceland. Should have won by couple TDs. Cover a kick and don’t let a guy get behind you and you accomplish that.