Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lewis County 6 Magoffin County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Vanceburg.
This is an interesting score/game. Two head coaches that had moderate success at other programs; now, coaching at schools that traditionally struggle. I’d like to hear some evaluative feedback from both Vanceburg and Salyersville. Will Peterson and Derossett be able to build programs in their current gigs?
Defense.....
The season is early, but I thought Coach DeRossett would be a little farther along in the turn.
(08-26-2023, 09:51 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]This is an interesting score/game.  Two head coaches that had moderate success at other programs; now, coaching at schools that traditionally struggle.  I’d like to hear some evaluative feedback from both Vanceburg and Salyersville.  Will Peterson and Derossett be able to build programs in their current gigs?
I think Peterson will find some success. 6-5 last year. Looking to build on that this year.  Only 5-6 seniors on this team with a lot of talent in the classes behind them. Next season I think Lewis could be very dangerous. Will still experience some growing pains this season with some younger kids playing varsity minutes earlier than they probably should be. Losing Jaxon Rister and Isaac Horsley for the year first game of the season is tough. But they managed to have other kids step up last night and fill those shoes. Very pleased with the effort on defense. Bend but don’t break all night. The field was wet. Otherwise I expect the offense to perform better moving forward. Braedyn McGlone, Ayden Cooper, and Drew Noble all juniors are 3 of the most underrated players in the mountains.
(08-26-2023, 11:40 AM)LClion4life Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2023, 09:51 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]This is an interesting score/game.  Two head coaches that had moderate success at other programs; now, coaching at schools that traditionally struggle.  I’d like to hear some evaluative feedback from both Vanceburg and Salyersville.  Will Peterson and Derossett be able to build programs in their current gigs?
I think Peterson will find some success. 6-5 last year. Looking to build on that this year.  Only 5-6 seniors on this team with a lot of talent in the classes behind them. Next season I think Lewis could be very dangerous. Will still experience some growing pains this season with some younger kids playing varsity minutes earlier than they probably should be. Losing Jaxon Rister and Isaac Horsley for the year first game of the season is tough. But they managed to have other kids step up last night and fill those shoes. Very pleased with the effort on defense. Bend but don’t break all night. The field was wet. Otherwise I expect the offense to perform better moving forward. Braedyn McGlone, Ayden Cooper, and Drew Noble all juniors are 3 of the most underrated players in the mountains.

Always love reading your insight! Good to see Lewis building something; Coach Peterson is a solid guy.

Not to take away from the football discussion, but is Jaxon related to Mason Rister, by any chance?
Did Barnett not play for Magoffin? is he injured?