Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 14, Lawrence Co. 0 (Farm Bureau Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final out of Louisa.

Strong win for the Wildcats in a game that few gave them much of a chance.
Congratulations to Shelby Valley and I eat the crow after this game
(08-26-2023, 12:22 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations to Shelby Valley and I eat the crow after this game
Me too P1 shocking score 
Congrats to SV they are legit
I'm pretty surprised by the score in this game.  I was confident that SV would be able to score, but I never imagined their defense would pitch a shutout.  I figured the Cats would need to score 4-5 touchdowns to have a shot in this one.
Congrats Shelby Valley...aka Sourh Pikeville
Congrats to Shelby Valley. They were the better team last night and exposed LC's weaknesses. But LC's unforced errors on offense took them completely out of the game. Bad snaps plagued them all night. If I had to guess, I'd say they had more negative yardage on bad snaps than they had yards from scrimmage. Unacceptable after 6 weeks of practice.

LC is undersized on both sides of the line. Shelby Valley has some big dudes. LC couldn't get any push on the o line (when they got the snap off). #2 might have been rushed back. Nothing in the passing game. Wet ball, timing off, etc. Rough night all around for the O.

D played well enough to win, but they weren't good. Played soft all night, struggled with SV's size, lots of arm tackling, no juice whatsoever.

The outstanding effort on display last week at Rowan Co. was sorely lacking last night.

A wise old coach told me one time that you'll lose a game for every freshman you start. By my count LC started 5 freshmen last night. I think LC can beat every team left on the schedule. I also think every team left on the schedule can beat LC. I think a district championship is still a reasonable goal. But they've got some work to do, for sure.
Waiting to hear what happened here. Either they’ll have some excuse, or start talking about how good the middle school team is. From what I’ve heard, it could’ve been worse. I’ll have to go back and watch some of their stream before I decide if I think SV is just that good or LC is all hype. Any LC fans have any info on how the game went the way it did?
(08-26-2023, 09:48 AM)Wildcat45 Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting to hear what happened here.  Either they’ll have some excuse, or start talking about how good the middle school team is.  From what I’ve heard, it could’ve been worse.  I’ll have to go back and watch some of their stream before I decide if I think SV is just that good or LC is all hype.  Any LC fans have any info on how the game went the way it did?
No excuses here.  See my post above.  I'll add that SV looked like a team that's comfortable in the offense, and Osborne runs it well.  LC isn't there yet.  All that being said, our middle school team is real good. They destroyed Johnson Central Thursday night.
(08-26-2023, 09:48 AM)Wildcat45 Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting to hear what happened here.  Either they’ll have some excuse, or start talking about how good the middle school team is.  From what I’ve heard, it could’ve been worse.  I’ll have to go back and watch some of their stream before I decide if I think SV is just that good or LC is all hype.  Any LC fans have any info on how the game went the way it did?
It’s pretty simple. It all starts at the Los Lc got beat in my opinion on both sides of the ball last night in the trenches. Lc is very undersized on their offensive line. Nothing against the kids it’s just not the normal size of a line that we are used to. Then you had bad snap after bad snap. I don’t think Lc ran a single play from under center. They never made an adjustment to the bad snaps. Not to mention a couple turnovers on interceptions. It’s pretty simple how they got beat. They didn’t win the turnover battle and got beat up front. With that being said I’m not sure Lc could’ve played a worse game and definitely didn’t have anything close to a good showing. I think they’ve got a lot of potential to turn this thing around. They’ve just got a lot to work on. Before district games start.
I thought it was a great defensive effort by LC, had their backs against the wall many times and played well. Keep in mind, with all the penalties that LC had, all the bad snaps ( there were many), and no offensive rhythm, they were in the game in the 4th quarter so I think that speaks volumes about their potential.