Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands vs. Bowling Green - Class AAAAA State Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should be a good one. Who wins?
Let's see. I'm going to go out on a limb and pick Bowling Green by at least one.
Its gonna be one heck of a Showdown!!!

After a season of deprivation, my Bluebirds are coming to me here in Louisville, and I couldn't ask for a better set of circumstances. Goin for #17 against one of the best teams in the state, it will be a knockdown-drag out for 4 quarters of epic proportions.

Highlands has been very hot lately, "hitting on all cylinders" as the paper likes to say, and they will certainly need to keep doin what they've been doin to finish off the Purples, arguably the best team they will have faced all year.

Best of luck Birds, bring home the hardware and reclaim our share of the titles record (St. X willing Smile )
Highlands 28
Bowling Green 14

I just don't think Bowling Green will be able to keep pace.
I think it will be an interesting game but Highlands will be too much towards the end... Good Luck to both.

Highlands- 35
Bowling Green- 21
I know Highlands is the favorite and should be. They have yet to be beaten. The only glimmer of hope was the Central game. I know Highlands was down 13-0 in the 4th quarter and came back to win 21-14. I'm sure it was probably their worst game of the year but it gives us underdogs a little hope knowing their not invincible.
I'm going with the Bluebirds in this one.
Highlands.
Highland by 2 td's easy
They may well win by 2 tds but it won't be easy. I'm glad everyone is picking Highlands.It will make the Purples victory ever so sweet.
Bowling Green
NYY10 Wrote:Bowling Green

You Da Man NYY10.
Bg in a close one
adopted purple Wrote:They may well win by 2 tds but it won't be easy. I'm glad everyone is picking Highlands.It will make the Purples victory ever so sweet.

Or if Highlands wins, it will make them all look that smart.Big Grin
That's true but I've never been accused of being the brightest bulb in the room.
After studying Highlands hard, Letcher and Lincoln both found out that the Birds are even better than they look like. Both of those teams are very good, but Highlands are a step+ above. It is obvious that BG has a great team, but I am not sure that they know what they are in for.

H 39
B 10 (if they have a good field goal kicker)
I have to say this just to stir the pot.

This game has to have 2 of the least fearful mascots in the state.

I mean come on how scary is a Bluebird and what exactly is a Purple?Big Grin
Your right Midee. It sounds like these two teams should be playing in a birdcage instead of a football field.
adopted purple Wrote:Your right Midee. It sounds like these two teams should be playing in a birdcage instead of a football field.

You gotta be tough if you have a wimpy mascot, kinda like a boy named Sue.
Blau Vogel Wrote:You gotta be tough if you have a wimpy mascot, kinda like a boy named Sue.

Reminds me of a couple of teams from West Virginia and Ohio.

West Virginia has a team from Poca and their nickname is the dots. South Webster Ohio is the fighting jeeps. Funny though the team from West Virginia is a tough little school that makes it deep into the playoffs quite often.
Midee1 Wrote:Reminds me of a couple of teams from West Virginia and Ohio.

West Virginia has a team from Poca and their nickname is the dots. South Webster Ohio is the fighting jeeps. Funny though the team from West Virginia is a tough little school that makes it deep into the playoffs quite often.

The Lansing Lugnuts are a Class A minor league baseball team
So here's what Bowling green needs to do. Throw a couple of lugnuts in that Highlands machine and run over them with a pocadoted jeep.
adopted purple Wrote:So here's what Bowling green needs to do. Throw a couple of lugnuts in that Highlands machine and run over them with a pocadoted jeep.

Sounds like a plan to me.....Big Grin
adopted purple Wrote:So here's what Bowling green needs to do. Throw a couple of lugnuts in that Highlands machine and run over them with a pocadoted jeep.

Smile Smile Smile Smile
I'm still not sure if that will be enough.
FBALL Wrote:I'm still not sure if that will be enough.

Party Pooper. I guy can dream can't he.
I have no Idea how this one will turn out, but I'm rooting for Bowling Green to win it. I may even ware some purple under my red cloths.Big Grin
adopted purple Wrote:Party Pooper. I guy can dream can't he.
Please do.

I'm actually pulling for BG. Highlands has put me out of the playoffs before.
That poll keeps getting closer and closer. Who knows we may be the favorite by game time.Big Grin
adopted purple Wrote:That poll keeps getting closer and closer. Who knows we may be the favorite by game time.Big Grin

You should be the favorite...A 5A school SHOULD easily beat a 3A school.Big Grin
Pages: 1 2