Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport 52 Russell 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
When was the last time Russell only scored 21 in a game?
Does russell still have guys that arent ready for basketball seeing that football only ended last week
Cards09 Wrote:Does russell still have guys that arent ready for basketball seeing that football only ended last week
No one is on the team from football that made any difference in our football team we're just that bad this year. Worse then I thought. We'll be close to last if not last in the 16th region this year unless we improve 100% over this game tonight. Also those guys was playing.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:No one is on the team from football that made any difference in our football team we're just that bad this year. Worse then I thought. We'll be close to last if not last in the 16th region this year unless we improve 100% over this game tonight. Also those guys was playing.

Well i hope things improve for you guys and you have a good season
Gonna be a long season.
21 pts thats surprising to see Russell scoring only 21
Whoa... Looks like a long season for the Red Devil faithful.
I don't understand why basketball doesn't hold it's season for a later start. Like 2 more weeks. Anyways, congrats Newport on the win!
ukfootballrocks Wrote:21 pts thats surprising to see Russell scoring only 21
Russell lost 8 of their top 9 players from last season. They have one very good player in Jacob Ferguson. No experience and a young team without alot of depth. They are going to take their lumps this season. But they are good kids and will continue to play hard. Thats all you can ask.
Must've been some good defensive play in this one.
well they did alot of scoring lol
It could be a long year for the hoops team.
Wow, 21 points!?!? Smile Remember the good 'ol days when Russell poured in 27 at the sweet 16......gonna be a long few years for Russell. I cant wait till the come to Anderson Gym!
Congrats Newport on the win.
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:Wow, 21 points!?!? Smile Remember the good 'ol days when Russell poured in 27 at the sweet 16......gonna be a long few years for Russell. I cant wait till the come to Anderson Gym!
At least they were in the sweet 16. Thats more than Ashland accomplished that year.Wink
FBALL Wrote:At least they were in the sweet 16. Thats more than Ashland accomplished that year.Wink

You are correct. But I would rather be sitting at home than embarrassing myself at Rupp. Just my opinion....
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:You are correct. But I would rather be sitting at home than embarrassing myself at Rupp. Just my opinion....
I don't see how beating everyone in your region and making the sweet 16 is an embarrasment. Maybe its more embarrassing to the schools that couldn't beat them.
FBALL Wrote:I don't see how beating everyone in your region and making the sweet 16 is an embarrasment. Maybe its more embarrassing to the schools that couldn't beat them.

I didnt say their season was an embarrassment. I said the performance at Rupp was....