Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 28 Madison Central 21 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations Johnson Central!
Congratulations to Johnson Central
Good game. Central has some things to clean up.
Was an ugly game…the last 2 minutes off the clock seemed to take 30 minutes. 7 or 8 penalties in a row.
Congratulations Golden Eagles………..
Any word on Madison Central qb that went to the hospital, hope he is ok
I told you all this would happen. Entitled brats can’t play with mountain holdbacks that run the ball at your throat!!!
McCoart played well but was limping after several plays in the first half and didn't play in the second half. JC's line seemed to wear down MC's DL in the second half and I think that they got frustrated. Lots of 4th quarter penalties as I think the referees tried to keep things from getting out of hand.

Logan Music had been held out of the Cabell-Midland scrimmage with a shoulder injury but he had some nice runs after McCoart left the game. Jacob Grimm had a nice game with some big runs, including a couple of touchdowns. I thought Logan Morrow looked good in his first start at fullback.

Hopefully, JC's injuries aren't serious. MC looked much better than I expected, especially on defense. Hopefully, their quarterback is okay. He took a lot of hard hits but played well.
Does JC still have the full back they had last year? I’ve said it a lot. That kid is the most underrated kid on that team. A bruiser to take down and blocks like no other!
Surprising score based on the predictions.
Johnson Central not as good as some preached. Next week will be another Humbling experience for The Golden Eagle Faithful. Gonna be a long game for Johnson Central Fans to endure against Pikevile in almost 100 degree weather.
(08-19-2023, 06:55 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: [ -> ]Johnson Central not as good as some preached. Next week will be another Humbling experience for The Golden Eagle Faithful. Gonna be a long game for Johnson Central Fans to endure against Pikevile in almost 100 degree weather.
We shall see. If McCoart is out against Pikeville, then it will be a much tougher challenge but the Golden Eagles did some things very well last night. Johnson Central's offensive and defensive lines played well and I don't recall any turnovers last night, which is a great way to open the season.
(08-19-2023, 02:57 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Does JC still have the full back they had last year? I’ve said it a lot. That kid is the most underrated kid on that team. A bruiser to take down and blocks like no other!
Price graduated but JC's backs are good blockers, especially McCoart. He ran for 94 yards on 6 carries in the first half but was obviously playing through some pain. They missed his big play threat and his blocking in the second half. Logan Music also must have been playing injured because it was well into the second quarter before he had any carries. I suspect that JC had not planned to play Music on offense unless they needed to and it turned out that they needed him.

Price will be missed early in the season but JC has a long history of great blocking fullbacks. Logan Morrow is JC's starting fullback and his backup is Jim Matney's son, Dalton.

Madison Central apparently returned a lot of players from last season, so I am not going to assume that they are not vastly improved this year. Johnson Central's defense punished the Indians' QB all night but he still managed to make some big plays. I thought that Johnson Central's offensive line took over the game in the third quarter and the defensive line played well all night.

What was missing from JC's offense was the number of breakaway runs that they usually get. They will be fine when McCoart and Music get healthy. Jacob Grimm played very well and was probably JC's offensive player of the game last night.
(08-19-2023, 09:18 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2023, 02:57 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Does JC still have the full back they had last year? I’ve said it a lot. That kid is the most underrated kid on that team. A bruiser to take down and blocks like no other!
Price graduated but JC's backs are good blockers, especially McCoart. He ran for 94 yards on 6 carries in the first half but was obviously playing through some pain. They missed his big play threat and his blocking in the second half. Logan Music also must have been playing injured because it was well into the second quarter before he had any carries. I suspect that JC had not planned to play Music on offense unless they needed to and it turned out that they needed him.

Price will be missed early in the season but JC has a long history of great blocking fullbacks. Logan Morrow is JC's starting fullback and his backup is Jim Matney's son, Dalton.

Madison Central apparently returned a lot of players from last season, so I am not going to assume that they are not vastly improved this year. Johnson Central's defense punished the Indians' QB all night but he still managed to make some big plays. I thought that Johnson Central's offensive line took over the game in the third quarter and the defensive line played well all night.

What was missing from JC's offense was the number of breakaway runs that they usually get. They will be fine when McCoart and Music get healthy. Jacob Grimm played very well and was probably JC's offensive player of the game last night.
Don't know if MC is vastly improved but for context here is Pikeville putting 50 on them in a little over 3 quarters. Those inexperienced backs Boykins and Anthony had big TD runs and Boykins added 2 pt. conversion. QB Duty had 2 TD passes and TD run as well. MC all-state RB Brady Hensley transferred to LCA in the off season. He was injured part of the year last year and was out vs Pikeville...

Here's a look at Duty, Anthony and Boykins...

This game was closer than I anticipated.
(08-19-2023, 06:55 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: [ -> ]Johnson Central not as good as some preached. Next week will be another Humbling experience for The Golden Eagle Faithful. Gonna be a long game for Johnson Central Fans to endure against Pikevile in almost 100 degree weather.

Johnson Central is  overrated. They had a good run but it's all over now. It's a downhill slide from now on.
(08-19-2023, 11:23 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2023, 09:18 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't know if MC is vastly improved but for context here is Pikeville putting 50 on them in a little over 3 quarters. Those inexperienced backs Boykins and Anthony had big TD runs and Boykins added 2 pt. conversion. QB Duty had 2 TD passes and TD run as well. MC all-state RB Brady Hensley transferred to LCA in the off season. He was injured part of the year last year and was out vs Pikeville...

Here's a look at Duty, Anthony and Boykins...

Pikeville will take the birds to the wood shed.
Smile Im just glad Fridays are here....
JC will be alright, their pass coverage needs some work. This worries me some against Pikeville.
(08-19-2023, 07:21 PM)Woodshed Wrote: [ -> ]JC will be alright, their pass coverage needs some work. This worries me some against Pikeville.

They cant defend Pikeville's explosive, well-balanced offense.
Neither team will have a cake walk.
(08-19-2023, 08:20 PM)Woodshed Wrote: [ -> ]Neither team will have a cake walk.

Pikeville will.
No love for my Eagles? Ouch!! That's okay, I'll still pull for Whitley against certain foes.