Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final Ashland 28 Raceland 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good win for the Tomcats lots of things to work on and Raceland with Lundy always will have a chance. Kid made some throws you don’t see many high school QBs make and complete. Good luck Raceland.
Helluva game. Great atmosphere…made it weird with the back and forth bc of the lights. But all in all it was a good night of football. Both teams have a lot to do to compete with the top of their respective classes. JC quite a bit ahead of Ashland and Pikeville quite a bit ahead of Raceland as I see it right now. But as for this game in itself, couldn’t ask for much more. Ashland needs to use their speed. Idk why Chad ever went away from the deep ball to the Houston kid. Jennings ran hard and so did Strader. I was impressed with 34, MLB for Ashland. Great tackler. Kids probably a great wrestler.

As for Raceland. Loooooooot of work to do upfront and on special teams. But that’s the best our passing game has looked in a long time. Lundy did a phenomenal job tonight and Parker Ison was someone that I was not expecting to see step up in the way that he did. Kid looked great. Brody Austin looked good as well. Those two surprises me tonight. I think we need some packages with Wallace at H and Heighton at the F. Those two need to be able to pound more imo and that would help our line out while they are developing.

Congrats to Ashland. Great game. On to the next one.
Way to go Tomcats!
Congratulations to the Putty cats
That was well worth the five dollars to get in. This was a really good football game for the fans to watch. Assland is gonna have a great two year run. I was really happy to see Lundy finally step up and shine like we all felt he could. He made really nice throw’s tonight. For those of you who don’t know….the lights went out on one end of the filed on the Raceland side tonight. So the teams played to the 59 yard line then switched ends to stay out of the dark side of the field. That really had no effect on the game so if a Raceland fan says it was …..it wasn’t! It’s gonna be a fun year. The Rams aren’t gonna have a sexy record but it’s fun to watch these types of games. I would rather see a close loss than a 50 point win.
Congratulations Ashland!!
Great game. Ashland is the better team this year, but Raceland showed a TON of fight. Would love to see this game played later in the year, but understand why it can't be.
Ashland needs to realize their bread and butter earlier this year than last. It took them too long to find their footing. With Jenning, Houston, and Strader they have some reall game breaking kids. I’d work that option to death and get some RPOs in that. Houston has elite feet. He is fast, but his speed isn’t baffling. His ability to change direction sure as hell was though.
What game were you guys watching? The better team lost. We ran more plays. Had more first downs more passing yards. Raceland won everywhere but the scoreboard. 2 plays beat us. The long ball to 8 and the kick off return for a TD was the story of the game. I’m a big fan of putting your dudes on kick offs and kickoff returns.
Make the “special teams special” RAD

The team that has the most points when the final horn sounds is THE BETTER TEAM!
In the end that’s the only thing that matters
I love you RAD!!! Keep beastin
I do. Because I can.
I remember when Ashland rolled into camp on air conditioned buses for one scrimmage session. We were going three times a day- plus a pre-breakfast three mile run, with a hundred push ups and sit ups; and weights after our third practice. We kicked there a$$ and sent them home. I never liked the privileged rich bratty kitties…
After sleeping on it…I feel the same as I did last night lol. Which is how I felt going into the season. We returned a lot of skill guys. But the line is inexperienced and young. My biggest concern was how would this team respond to adversity early in the year, a lot of these kids have spent the last two years beating anyone not named Pikeville, especially in the regular season. They answered that question last night. They never looked panicked or out of the game. There were some mistakes, but they looked ready for the moment. Last nights game, if played 5 seasons ago, is likely a lopsided loss. Very proud of the development of our program and feel pretty good about where we can be at the end of the year.
(08-19-2023, 01:20 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]I remember when Ashland rolled into camp on air conditioned buses for one scrimmage session.  We were going three times a day- plus a pre-breakfast three mile run, with a hundred push ups and sit ups; and weights after our third practice.  We kicked there a$$ and sent them home.  I never liked the privileged rich bratty kitties…

"privileged rich brainy" ---I pushed numbers for most school systems in eastern Kentucky for over 30 years.  Being retired I am no longer privy to the actual data but I do specifically remember this; in a year not too long ago Ashland had 234 students in their system that were classified as homeless. Russell had zero. Raceland, I think, had three. I have deep connections to these school systems and absolutely love and respect both. It was a great game to watch and one thing I've learned over the years is that there are good kids everywhere and the colors they wear have nothing to do with it. You have the right to "not like" anyone you want but your rationale is ridiculous.
The big difference between Raceland and Pikeville in s they win games like this one and Raceland always finds ways to lose them. Why??? Cause Pikeville has been playing these types of games longer. We need this type of competition. We need to keep this schedule even in years we get beat up on. When this years freshman class are seniors this will just be a normal game for them and they will find ways to win.

Lundy looked great. I was down on the kid a little after last week but he played great tonight. As far as the line goes….they didn’t do to bad. The biggest thing I saw was missed assignments and at the point of attack on a timing block we was a split second late getting there. That’s just getting use to game speed. I think Assland and Highlands will be the best lines we see all year so ….I feel better about line play. I really think the coaching staff needs to change their minds on fielding punts. Not catching the punt before that last possession ended it before it started.

Yes RAD two plays killed us but the Assland players made those two plays and we didn’t! A play here and a play there has always been a Ram killer but hopefully we find ways to overcome that
This game reminded me a lot of the Highlands game last year. We got closer to winning it this year w Ashland than that one. But the games like these will make us better. We continue to grow. Funny how as I get older I get more patient with all of this.
(08-19-2023, 12:58 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]What game were you guys watching? The better team lost. We ran more plays. Had more first downs more passing yards. Raceland won everywhere but the scoreboard. 2 plays beat us. The long ball to 8 and the kick off return for a TD was the story of the game. I’m a big fan of putting your dudes on kick offs and kickoff returns.

You ran more plays because you had to. They beat you because the scoreboard is the only thing that matters. You sound like sour grapes when you say "the better team lost"
(08-19-2023, 12:28 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2023, 12:58 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]What game were you guys watching? The better team lost. We ran more plays. Had more first downs more passing yards. Raceland won everywhere but the scoreboard. 2 plays beat us. The long ball to 8 and the kick off return for a TD was the story of the game. I’m a big fan of putting your dudes on kick offs and kickoff returns.

You ran more plays because you had to. They beat you because the scoreboard is the only thing that matters. You sound like sour grapes when you say "the better team lost"
I am surprised RAD is even on here usually when the Rams lose he takes 6 months off but I just had to jab at you Devil and now the game I watched the game and personally I thought for the first game both teams played well and definitely have things to work on but all teams do now it’s up to them to take a look at the film and watch their play and judge their own performance and see what they need to improve on now if they do that honestly they will get better and now I have seen players except their play and never get get any better but I think both of these 2 teams will be hard to deal with at the end of this year
This sounded like an awesome game. Congrats to Ashland.