Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Central Catholic at Lloyd THURSDAY 8/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2023 football season starts TONIGHT!

Here is copy/paste from another site for those who are ready to watch some 2023 KY HS football!

"The 2023 Football season kicks off Thursday 8/17 at 7:00 when NCC visits Lloyd Memorial.  You can [b]watch[/b] the inaugural game on Lloyd's new field turf on [color=rgb( var(--theme-link) )](859) Sports Radio[/color] with Mark Wehry, Kevin Connor and Bill Bartlett!  This will be the only game being played in the state that day!!"
We will find out in the field in a few weeks when they play Raceland but NCC is preseason my pick for #2 in Class A.
Tied 7-7 after first quarter.

NCC returned opening kickoff for a TD.

LM had a nice long sustained drive to answer with.

Lloyd RB Yuri Comer runs it in from ~ 12 yds. out.

14-7 Lloyd; 4:10 2Q .

Lloyd absolutely controls the line on both sides.

Halftime

Lloyd Memorial 14
Newport Central Catholic 7

Watching the livestream jet listed in his OP. Thank you sir.

Livestream link:
www.meridix.com

Lloyd has installed its first turf field, resurfaced the track, and installed new seating and press box. Looks great.

Long drive by Lloyd with 4 1st downs. Comer punches it in from the 1 yd. line.

21-7 Lloyd; 8:17 3Q.
(08-17-2023, 08:31 PM)nemo Wrote: [ -> ]Tied 7-7 after first quarter.

NCC returned opening kickoff for a TD.

LM had a nice long sustained drive to answer with.

Lloyd RB Yuri Comer runs it in from ~ 12 yds. out.

14-7 Lloyd; 4:10 2Q .

Lloyd absolutely controls the line on both sides.

Halftime
New Cath looks pretty Bad. Outside of the Kickoff return they've gotten nothing on Offense and can't stop the Run on Defense. 
Lloyd Memorial 14

Watching the livestream jet listed in his OP. Thank you sir.

Livestream link:
www.meridix.com

Lloyd has installed its first turf field, resurfaced the track, and installed new seating and press box. Looks great.

Long drive by Lloyd with 4 1st downs. Comer punches it in from the 1 yd. line.

21-7 Lloyd; 8:17 3Q.
Kaleb Evans, Lloyd's projected #1 QB, didn't start the game due to an injury.

WR/DB Isaiah Sebastian, who played a good bit of QB last season, has been filling in. Broken off some long runs. Kid's a gamer. Just came out of the game with leg cramps.

Could get interesting.

Sebastian back in the game; leads Lloyd to the 10. Short FG.

End of 3Q

LM 24
NCC 7
(08-17-2023, 09:36 PM)nemo Wrote: [ -> ]Kaleb Evans, Lloyd's projected #1 QB, didn't start the game due to an injury.

WR/DB Isaiah Sebastian, who played a good bit of QB last season, has been filling in. Broken off some long runs. Kid's a gamer. Just came out of the game with leg cramps.

Could get interesting.

It's 24-7 Newports Coach thinks he's a 6 Year Old calling Passing play after Passing play while gaining nothing. And Sebastian is back in at QB. New Cath losing the line of Scrimmage battle on both sides badly.
Lloyd drive stopped by New Cath at the Breds 21, where NCC takes over. Mid 4Q. Lloyd up 24-7.

On D, looking for some big sack stats for Lloyd.
When will you people listen to me about NCC.
NCC is awful

Class A odds
Pikeville 65%
Raceland 34.5%
Everybody else 0.5%
Shanked punt by Lloyd. New Cath starts possession at Lloyd's 30.

2:43 4Q, still 24-7 Lloyd.
(08-17-2023, 10:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]NCC is awful

Class A odds
Pikeville 65%
Raceland 34.5%
Everybody else 0.5%

um hello havent I said that all off season.....does anyone listen to me.................
(08-17-2023, 10:05 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]

Class A odds
Pikeville 65%
Raceland 34.5%
Everybody else 0.5%

um hello havent I said that all off season.....does anyone listen to me.................

Yes I believed. I saw what Pikeville did to them. And with the Runyon kid gone it will get worse for NCC...he was a gamer
Wow! New cath couldn’t block anybody. And did a great job of keeping the ball away from #7. Clearly their best player on both sides of the ball

Class A odds
Pikeville 65%
Raceland 34.5%
Everybody else 0.5%
Final:
Lloyd Memorial 24

Agree with you and plantmanky on NCC. That was just poor in every facet of the game.

Which makes it hard to judge how good a 3A team Lloyd is. I think they're better than last year's 2A semifinalist.

Nice to see them back on the upswing. Got to see the Juggs a few times when they won their second title in '76, back when they shared a district with Highlands and Cov Cath. (Not quite old as dirt, but I'm getting there. Lol)
(08-17-2023, 10:21 PM)nemo Wrote: [ -> ]

Class A odds
Pikeville 65%
Raceland 34.5%
Everybody else 0.5%
Final:
Lloyd Memorial 24

Agree with you and plantmanky on NCC. That was just poor in every facet of the game.

Which makes it hard to judge how good a 3A team Lloyd is. I think they're better than last year's 2A semifinalist.

Nice to see them back on the upswing. Got to see the Juggs a few times when they won their second title in '76, back when they shared a district with Highlands and Cov Cath. (Not quite old as dirt, but I'm getting there. Lol)

I like seeing Lloyd being good again too. Hoping to see them make a deep run in 3A.