Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County @ Middlesboro 8/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Harlan County vs Middlesboro on Friday. Thoughts?
If Middlesboro is going to make a run at 1A, it starts now.....
Well hc stole one of middlesboros coordinators. So I imagine they are extremely coached up to everything middlesboro runs. Even so they still have to stop them and I don’t think they can. I’ll take middlesboro in a close one 38-22
This will be a good opening game for Middlesboro. I would think Harlan County will have a bunch more players than Middlesboro. Much bigger school. i watched Middlesboro scrimmage Madison Central and they would have beaten Middlesboro in a regular 4 qtr game. Middlesboro is very respectable again. They have won 34 games vs 10 losses the last four years. I thought Middlesboro was finished. I know Larry French is the 3rd all time leaders in wins in the state of Kentucky history, but I didn't think even he could make them competitive again. This is going to be a very interesting season for them. They did play in the state semis two years ago but LCA put a good beating on them. Good luck to the Jackets this year. Football is better in the mountains with them being competitive. Good luck to Harlan County too! Hope its a good game and all they players come out healthy.

Is game at Middlesboro or HC ?
The question here is can Middlesboro handle the big offensive line of Harlan County.
Is the little speed demon that was at Harlan County back this year?
This should be an interesting game. I want to say Middlesboro but I know that Harlan County has the talent to make it a game and pull out a win. Coach French has done an excellent job at Middlesboro.
(08-13-2023, 10:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Is the little speed demon that was at Harlan County back this year?

Your are referring to Swanner. Yes he is. Harlan County brings back a quite a bit from last season.
(08-13-2023, 10:55 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2023, 10:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Is the little speed demon that was at Harlan County back this year?

Your are referring to Swanner. Yes he is. Harlan County brings back a quite a bit from last season.

I went to the Knox game last year and they laid a licking on Knox and that little dude flat out done the job!
(08-13-2023, 10:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2023, 10:55 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2023, 10:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Is the little speed demon that was at Harlan County back this year?

I went to the Knox game last year and they laid a licking on Knox and that little dude flat out done the job!

Yes he did. I watched it on Wymt. He had one hell of a game.
Swanner is a good one. I watched him play a game last year. The little QB from Middlesboro is a dandy too. Harlan is huge up front and returned a bunch of players. It will be interesting to see if 1A middlesboro can handle them. I agree with DarthVader French has done an unbelievable job. I heard this is his last year there. Haywood, French, and Hilton all getting old. All three will be missed on the sidelines.
If harlan county can replace the 3 olinemen they lost and the inside linebacker that could have played anywhere in the region, josh sergent, then i think they can improve year over year, but it’s hard to replace half the o line and your number one defensive player that kept you in a lot of games. I think middlesboro is too experienced to lose this one. 42-20. HC may score more if they play swanner at qb like they did towards the end of the year last year. Very explosive.
Harlan County big in this one
I think HC big in this one as well, Swanner is hard to handle and will pile up the yardage and TDs in this one
I think this entire season for Middlesboro will come down to line play, yeah I know that's any team.  Middlesboro has a lot of skill players but a little thin on lineman.  The Boro can't afford injuries of any magnitude

That said I believe this will he a good game.  I believe it will he a high scoring game and I will take the Jackets at home in the brand new Bradner Stadium 49-42
Jackets 42-20. Vincent Smith and Grigsby run all over the bears.
Any live video of this one?
Big night…the crater’s gonna be rockin’!

Beez - 35
Bars - 14
The line for HC is huge but until they prove they can play i’m taking the boro. But still cheering on those bears. I’ll take 5 athletes that are pretty strong and quick that will play experienced and efficient over 5 300 pounders lacking fundamentals and speed.