Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland/Belfry Scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Update/Thoughts
What was the score?
The scoreboard wasn’t on.

Typical Raceland Belfry scrimmage. Lots of kids running on and off the field after every play. Belfry has a nice running back. They did fumble quite a bit tonight. Racelands biggest question mark is the O line. They seemed to get better and better as the game went on. Belfry and Raceland both have some good young kids. As far as the score I didn’t keep track.
(08-05-2023, 12:10 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]The scoreboard wasn’t on.

Typical Raceland Belfry scrimmage. Lots of kids running on and off the field after every play. Belfry has a nice running back. They did fumble quite a bit tonight. Racelands biggest question mark is the O line. They seemed to get better and better as the game went on. Belfry and Raceland both have some good young kids. As far as the score I didn’t keep track.

So Raceland lost then. Gotcha aka Didn't keep score ?
Wow you people are something else. Amazing how bent out of shape over a team that hasn’t ever won a state championship lol
(08-05-2023, 08:14 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]Wow you people are something else. Amazing how bent out of shape over a team that hasn’t ever won a state championship lol

Naw, just when people hype their team up to potentially Win this Year's State Championship and then go to the teams scrimmage against a perennial power like Belfry and proclaim that they didn't keep score lol. That means your team not only underperformed, but lost. No Two ways about it.
(08-05-2023, 08:53 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2023, 08:14 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]Wow you people are something else. Amazing how bent out of shape over a team that hasn’t ever won a state championship lol

Naw, just when people hype their team up to potentially Win this Year's State Championship and then go to the teams scrimmage against a perennial power like Belfry and proclaim that they didn't keep score lol. That means your team not only underperformed, but lost. No Two ways about it.
I wasn’t there so I can’t speak on the outcome but usually the scrimmage with  Belfry is in a format where the scoreboard is turned off and each team runs 10 plays then switches.  That being said you are correct that you can still track a score regardless.
Typical Belfry scrimmage, lots of moving parts. Belfry did have typical long drives, if it wasnt a 10 play format Belfry would have chewed up most of the clock. It did appear Belfry won the scrimmage. Raceland had a couple nice throwing TD’s. QB is really good and a good looking athlete. Belfry is typical Belfry. Very big offensive line, backs ran with attitude and they can actually throw the ball this year. Belfry’s defensive speed is what surprised me. They weren’t Overpowering but can fly to the ball. Both teams will be in the mix of their respective classes by the end of the year.

What a Pud. When did I hype anybody up? It was a 10 on 10 off scrimmage. Both teams subbed multiple kids in and out the whole time. Neither team was trying to win. They were trying to see where they are at at this point in their respective seasons. Raceland had some good moments Belfry had some good moments. Kids played hard. Both teams have stuff they need to clean up. As for Raceland I think they will know a little more where they stand when they scrimmage Wheelersburg next week. More of a game type situation. With a clock Running and a SCOREBOARD!

Your team ain't nothin' for a lame brain to brag about either. You arrogant West Virginians can go down with the sinking ship Smile
Not sure where it’s said Raceland should win a title this year. Pikeville is still the class of the class and until someone takes them down that’s how it is. Raceland has a tough schedule and if they stay healthy will be battle tested for the post season. As for Belfry, I’ve heard they will be better this year than they were last.
i saw some things that i like........................................ alot.
(08-05-2023, 11:48 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: [ -> ]i saw some things that i like........................................ alot.
Can we get some details? Belfry should be better this season. Return entire backfield and the freshman who played last year are now sophomores and I expect them to take a big jump. I want to know how Belfry looked defensively. That was the biggest weakness last season. They struggled tackling.
(08-05-2023, 12:04 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2023, 11:48 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: [ -> ]i saw some things that i like........................................ alot.
Can we get some details? Belfry should be better this season. Return entire backfield and the freshman who played last year are now sophomores and I expect them to take a big jump. I want to know how Belfry looked defensively. That was the biggest weakness last season. They struggled tackling.
the good is the o line is going to be good by the end of the year and the fullback is good saw some new shotgun stuff that looked decent will get better and even some different looks on defense that i like alot linebackers are a surprise quick but will struggle to take on blockers

the bad is mostly just things that need reps to iron out and some lapses in the secondary as well as a stretch of bad snaps

the ugly is the defensive line
I hope Belfry is better. I hope they have changed into some more modern things because football in East Kentucky is better when they are.

I wish them well.
(08-05-2023, 12:10 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]The scoreboard wasn’t on.

Very well said Devil that’s what scrimmages are for to see what needs work and what younger players can help your team into the season with these reps and I bet neither coach kept the score either and it’s good for these teams to get to hit somebody other than their teammates
I heard Webb was used more in the offense in this scrimmage. That’s something I like to hear. Big strong and fast kid. Should be a match up nightmare. I expect him to have more impact on that side of the ball than he did a year ago. Another name I’ve been impressed with in practice and seeing his athleticism and development over the off-season is Rowsey. Kid has phenomenal leaping ability and looks to be very explosive. Idk how much time he will see this year on offense but I can definitely see him getting time in the return game.
the score was about even
Both teams are really good. I'm glad to hear that no one seems to have been hurt and that it was a very competitive Scrimmage. I believe both teams are gonna have very good seasons. I will always root for all of our Eastern Ky/Mountain Schools to do well. I do believe that Pikeville is still the Favorite to Win the State Title again this year and will do so in the end. That's just not being a Homer and a Pikeville Fan. It's from looking at the Experience that they return along will the Transfers and incoming Freshman. Along with the shear Depth and Athletism that the Panthers have at all positions. Goodluck on all of your games besides when you line up against Pikeville. Hail Pikeville
People don't understand what a scrimmage is used by Coaches for, especially the first one. Most teams have a script to run through, they want to see certain plays run vs a live opponent, and see certain kids do things. Every scrimmage, there are weak spots where in a real game a team would go back to certain plays/kids over and over till the other team adjust. Next week most teams will treat the scrimmage more like a game, this week was a glorified practice vs someone else.
Raceland and Belfry have a good thing going. Both teams want the same things out of their first scrimmage and both coaches are willing to do things for the opposite team to help them get better. As long has it’s a competitive scrimmage I hope that these to teams keep playing one another. I love seeing a lot of kids running in and out. It’s just as important to get your 2’s ready for the season as it is your 1’s. Hell I remember back in the day we actually would line up in a defensive we didn’t run because the opposing coach asked us to because that’s the defense his team would see most of the year. I believe some people get on these sites and try to read way to much into scrimmages….but it’s understandable because we’ve all been waiting for football…..it’s finally back. Go Rams
I agree RD. I think it’s a good scrimmage for both squads. I don’t think enough teams address scrimmages that way either.