Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Forensic Science
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to major in forensic science when I start college. What do you think about this career and the television shows related to it such as CSI? I think that it will be an exciting career where new happenings occur every day. Each case will be different and the job seems like it would never be boring.
I considered Forensic Science! I think it's awesome!
What's your speciality within your field?
i think forensic science would be really interesting.... there is talk of a forensic class next year at ER..... i hope so.
I'm majoring in Criminal Justice and I love it.. I think you would like Forensic Science.. It's very interesting
I would love to do some stuff like that. It would be awesome. But I want to psychoanalyze criminals.
I think that would be a very good job to have. I just dont think your day by day cases will be like on SCI. I mean, they get some doozies in there. but it still would have it chalanges all the same. good luck with it.
theswag, mrs. mastin is said to be teaching forensic science next year here. i heard this from another science teacher so i think that it is pretty credible. i am really looking forward to going into this career though. EKU has the 2nd best forensic science program in the nation. i am excited about it all though.

i want to major in forensic chemistry. it seems more exciting to me to trace evidence and things than to work with dna all the time like the forensic biology option would be. i have a plan with it all though.

there is not as many forensic biology classes as there is forensic chemistry options sooooooo i think that i will take forensic biology classes as part as my electives.

another question though about forensic science, what city do you think would have a good forensic department? i think that new york city would because all large population like that would have to have some murders to solve....
Im majoring in physical therapy
thetribe Wrote:theswag, mrs. mastin is said to be teaching forensic science next year here. i heard this from another science teacher so i think that it is pretty credible. i am really looking forward to going into this career though. EKU has the 2nd best forensic science program in the nation. i am excited about it all though.

i want to major in forensic chemistry. it seems more exciting to me to trace evidence and things than to work with dna all the time like the forensic biology option would be. i have a plan with it all though.

there is not as many forensic biology classes as there is forensic chemistry options sooooooo i think that i will take forensic biology classes as part as my electives.

another question though about forensic science, what city do you think would have a good forensic department? i think that new york city would because all large population like that would have to have some murders to solve....

i would definetely take that forensics class.... i can stand Mrs Mastin, and i think that would be a fun class.

I am going to maybe go to EKU to major in Criminology, so i can become a State Trooper. It is all just so interesting to me.
Just a pre-warning.. if you don't have a strong stomach, or a strong mind you might not last in this field. Cause seeing blood splattered across a room, and someone cut open screws with your mind.. But if you can handle it then good luck to you. But just about any city would be good to go to for a forensic dept.
For as long as I can remember, this is similar to what I have always wanted to do. I majored in the closest thing at MSU which was psychology but didnt end of going any further. I always imagined myself to end up being like Jodie Foster on Silence of the Lambs or like someone on CSI (I love the show).
Now I know this is not something for me especially now that I have children but I do think about writing fiction based on forensic science.
If you wrote a novel i would read it BGG
I think I do.
BGG read some Keith Ablow books to see if you would want to write something like that. one of my teachers recommended him and i have one of his books now. i have not read it yet but if you would want to pursue a career in forensic novels then try reading one of his books.
How did it work out for you?