Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bulldogs are coming off a 9-3 season and have a lot of talented underclassmen from a middle school team that won the state championship last year. The Bulldogs will be playing on a new, beautiful artificial turf that is currently being installed. What are your thoughts on the Bulldogs this upcoming season?
(07-11-2023, 10:24 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Bulldogs are coming off a 9-3 season and have a lot of talented underclassmen from a middle school team that won the state championship last year. The Bulldogs will be playing on a new, beautiful artificial turf that is currently being installed. What are your thoughts on the Bulldogs this upcoming season?
After beating Belfry last season and what Belfry has lost due to transfers I would have to say that LC is the favorite to win that district. Belfry and LC are the clear 2 best teams in that district.
What did Belfry lose to transfers? I think it will come down to these two barring some injuries or unforseen circumstances.
(07-11-2023, 11:08 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]What did Belfry lose to transfers? I think it will come down to these two barring some injuries or unforseen circumstances.
Go on David and Darryl on Facebook.
Belfry has lost some kids that’s for sure
I see two kids that would be juniors and a freshman, are there others?
Lawrence Co should be pretty good for the next few years, they have put together a good program.
LC will be even better in the years to come. Probably win the district the next few years if Belfry continues to lose kids. Very talent group of Frosh coming in and the 6th and 7th grade both have good athletes as well.
Lawrence Co wins the district again and may advance deep in playoffs. May put running clock on Belfry. Have a strong feeling they won't be the only ones doing that this season.
Bulldogs have some really nice looking frosh players who can contribute this season. They have some really good upcoming talent from middle school and youth as well. Bulldogs are returning to the winning ways that many fans were accustomed to in the 90's and early 2000's. The offense is going to be really fun to watch!
Anyone got any pics of the new turf?
(07-14-2023, 09:43 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone got any pics of the new turf?
Check on D&D or LC Sports Network.  It didn't look quite done, though.

(07-14-2023, 12:40 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Bulldogs have some really nice looking frosh players who can contribute this season. They have some really good upcoming talent from middle school and youth as well. Bulldogs are returning to the winning ways that many fans were accustomed to in the 90's and early 2000's. The offense is going to be really fun to watch!
Who are the playmakers out the upperclassmen? They need some dudes to replace the guys they lost.

Which frosh do you think will make an impact? Chico, Brooks, Williams, Johnson? Those guys were the main guys last season.
Lawrence new turf is top notch nice!!!!! Love it. How is practice looking for the Bulldogs?
Here is a picture of the turf field at Lawrence County. As for those players mentioned, I believe all will contribute in ways this season.

Another picture
Nice!
Turf installation completed yesterday and the Bulldogs had their first practice on the field last night.
Bulldogs looked good in the 7 vs 7 against Russell. Team is gaining confidence with the more reps they get. The things that stand out to me are the team speed overall and the athletes at the skill positions. Lawrence has some very skilled young guys that can do some big things in the open field.
WHO DOES LC SCRIMMAGE THIS WEEKEND?
There will be Martin County, Russell, and East Ridge there along with the Bulldogs.
When and what location?
This Saturday at Lawrence County @ 6:00