Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Tigers 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How will the Tigers do in '08?
The Tigers lost a lot from a team that went 6-6 and the bad part about it is that they had only about 24 players on the team. I think they will do the same in the district like they do every year, probably playing Pikeville for the #1 seed in the district playoffs....but in order for them to be successful they need more numbers to come out. It seems as if they don't want to come out and play anymore for some reason.
They will be down a lot more then they were this year. In my opinion they will be battling SF for the 2-3 spot in the district.
IRISH4 Wrote:The Tigers lost a lot from a team that went 6-6 and the bad part about it is that they had only about 24 players on the team. I think they will do the same in the district like they do every year, probably playing Pikeville for the #1 seed in the district playoffs....but in order for them to be successful they need more numbers to come out. It seems as if they don't want to come out and play anymore for some reason.

I noticed that most of the traditional smaller schools are beginning to have low numbers come out for football (Prestonsburg, Paintsville, and Pikeville) and the incoming freshman at each school need to be committed to something besides computers and video games.
blackcat_student Wrote:I noticed that most of the traditional smaller schools are beginning to have low numbers come out for football (Prestonsburg, Paintsville, and Pikeville) and the incoming freshman at each school need to be committed to something besides computers and video games.

I agree with this. Back when I played me and a bunch of the guys would play games on Friday then play sandlot on Saturdays or Sundays. Growing up we all played at the Catholic school just about every day in the summer before we got to high school. Now days kids want to sit at the house in the air conditioning playing video games instead of working hard in the off season because of the heat and its hard. Most kids also only play one sport now because they have it in their mind they are going to the NBA or MLB. Nothing wrong with having big dreams but a lot of the kids I played football with played multiple sports and were successful at them. Redneck was a prime example. A pretty good baseball player, Johnson Co. MVP in basketball, as well as being an All-District/Region football and basketball player. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with playing only one sport, but why not try everything your freshman year and see what you like then stick with those. Football is not a complicated game. You have to like the contact and then its basically alignment, assignment, and execution. A big hit in football is no worse than taking an 80 MPH fastball to the spine or an elbow to the face or a hard pick in basketball. You only go through high school once. That is the only time you have to represent your hometown and high school so why not make the most of it.