Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland Tomcats 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do the Tomcats return for next season and how will they fare?
No one knows what the Tomcats will look like in '08?
blackcat_student Wrote:No one knows what the Tomcats will look like in '08?
I think they will be much improved. they lose their all everything in Thomas but the rest of that team was very young.

They return Carter RB/DB, Bonnor TE/DL, Nethercutt FB/LB and alot of lineman that had to grow up under fire this past year.
FBALL Wrote:I think they will be much improved. they lose their all everything in Thomas but the rest of that team was very young.

They return Carter RB/DB, Bonnor TE/DL, Nethercutt FB/LB and alot of lineman that had to grow up under fire this past year.

Nethercutt was one of a few seniors that had impact this past season.

The Tomcats overall were very young and it showed when games were on the line. The team should be much improved next season due to sheer experience gain. Also, a big factor will be the maturation of Rashard Carter. He had too much of a tendency to dance around in the backfield this past season. If he can get stronger and learn to hit the designed hole hard and then use his great playmaking ability afterwards, he could have a huge season.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Nethercutt was one of a few seniors that had impact this past season.

The Tomcats overall were very young and it showed when games were on the line. The team should be much improved next season due to sheer experience gain. Also, a big factor will be the maturation of Rashard Carter. He had too much of a tendency to dance around in the backfield this past season. If he can get stronger and learn to hit the designed hole hard and then use his great playmaking ability afterwards, he could have a huge season.
Are you sure that Nethercutt was a senior?
FBALL Wrote:Are you sure that Nethercutt was a senior?

100% positive. Him and Matt are in the same grade. Nethercutt played football as a sophmore, but not as a junior, then returned for his senior season.
The Tomcats should be much improved. How much improved depends on the off-season development of Rashard Carter and Drew Royalty. Royalty must get faster and stronger, Carter must get bigger and learn to hit the hole. Basically the entire O-line returns as well as 8 or 9 starters on D.
Tomcat68 Wrote:100% positive. Him and Matt are in the same grade. Nethercutt played football as a sophmore, but not as a junior, then returned for his senior season.
Wasn't there a sophmore FB that played quite a bit?
FBALL Wrote:Wasn't there a sophmore FB that played quite a bit?

This season that was LB/FB Josh Alber.
Tomcat68 Wrote:This season that was LB/FB Josh Alber.
Thats it. Thanks.
Tomcat68 Wrote:This season that was LB/FB Josh Alber.

Yes, Alber was All-Area as well. He ended the year with a few 100 yard games. He wasnt utilized nearly enough early in the season if you ask me. He is a monster al MLB.
I think Ashland will be better than most people think next year,
5-5 at best
EkyLb Wrote:5-5 at best

I see them at lest 6-4
I don't see them winning any district games, also losing to BC and Russell so maybe 4-6
EkyLb Wrote:I don't see them winning any district games, also losing to BC and Russell so maybe 4-6

BC? Are you serious? Russell loses more to graduation than Ashland. Johnson Central will also be hit hard by graduation...
EkyLb Wrote:I don't see them winning any district games, also losing to BC and Russell so maybe 4-6

I don't see them Beating Russell on Russell bad day but i do see them Besting Boyd Co. and also JC.
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:BC? Are you serious? Russell loses more to graduation than Ashland. Johnson Central will also be hit hard by graduation...

Amen brother BC??? HAHA WOW
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:BC? Are you serious? Russell loses more to graduation than Ashland. Johnson Central will also be hit hard by graduation...
Actually Russell returns most of their starters.

Ashland should be much improved. I think they will be very competetive in their district next year. May even win it.
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:The Tomcats should be much improved. How much improved depends on the off-season development of Rashard Carter and Drew Royalty. Royalty must get faster and stronger, Carter must get bigger and learn to hit the hole. Basically the entire O-line returns as well as 8 or 9 starters on D.

I agree with ya GIAT. Wow, did I really say that? Man, it must be a full moon or something.Big Grin JK, GIAT!! We've had some epic discussions on here but I respect ya. He's passionate and always brings a good argument to the table.
Ashland should go 6 and 4 but they will be tough and some will over look them next year so it may be 7-3. never know thats why we play the game.
[quote=UKCAT5FAN]I agree with ya GIAT. Wow, did I really say that? [QUOTE]

You're learnin' Wink
Carter should be the man at Ashland next year.
ashland will have a great season next year in my opinion...the coaches are taking the aproach this season to make ashland a power once again..its rediculous how hard their working this year.
FBALL Wrote:Ashland should be much improved. I think they will be very competetive in their district next year. May even win it.

I hope that you are right, but I don't know if I'd go that far out on a limb!!
From what I've heard, Tackett has started to assume the position of weight coach, and the kids have really taken a liking to him. Supposedly players averages gaining 15-20 pounds per lift at the last max. That's great news for a team that I believe has been very weak physically for the past few seasons.
I think Ashland will be much better in 2008, they have a lot of young players returning that gained valuable experience in 2007 and couple that with hard work in the weight room and an excellant coaching staff, I expect them to back on top in a short amount of time.
Tomcat68 Wrote:From what I've heard, Tackett has started to assume the position of weight coach, and the kids have really taken a liking to him. Supposedly players averages gaining 15-20 pounds per lift at the last max. That's great news for a team that I believe has been very weak physically for the past few seasons.

what happened to tony love
t-cat50 Wrote:what happened to tony love

Not too sure. I believe he is still around a lot, but Tackett has become the kids main focus with the weight training. I have also heard that he participates and lifts with the kids which gives them an extra boost to see their coach not only telling them what to do, but doing it with them. It reminds me of Coach Lee Evans, with the exception that Tackett is there daily.
coach love is still there and is in charge of weight lifting first period and is also still the D-Coordinator
Pages: 1 2