Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Model Laboratory- Richmond, Ky- Potential Prep School?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any truth to the rumor Model Laboratory School located in Richmond, Ky will be getting a completely new school and adding a football program?
Nope…won’t happen
They are getting a new school. It is being built in front of the current school where the field is on the corner of Bypass and Lancaster. They ran into some financial issues this year as it was supposed to begin construction at the end of the current school year. However, it is going to start, from what we were told on campus, at the end of next school year. However, I did not hear anything about football at all. They don't have the enrollment for it i wouldn't think.

The upgrade to the the coliseum is also on hold until the end of this next basketball season.
They don’t have the enrollment to add football not that they would or wouldn’t want to but it’s just not feasible numbers aren’t there for it by quiet a bit and like vols said they aren’t even upgrading the basketball venue until later it’s more for academics and learning than a sports thing
there highschool is getting a new gym, they are supposed to be tearing down the current school and putting in a sports complex in its space. I can't see it though. I work over there and it is just a mess what they are proposing. But your right its a school thing not a sport thing. No way they would have the enrollment for football. Although it its a public / private school. I know several parents that work at EKU whose kids either player for Berea, Central or Southern. So maybe they could snare something but I just don't see it