Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Has Breathitt found a QB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any news on the QB position?
(06-18-2023, 07:35 PM)Wolfeman Wrote: [ -> ]Any news on the QB position?
got a transfer coming friday   stay tuned
Bump
I don't think so. Heard it could be one of 3/4 guys.

Stacy
Johnson
Crisp
Smith (transfer)
any news yet
Where’s the Smith kid from?
South Laurel
(06-26-2023, 05:02 PM)catsrule Wrote: [ -> ]South Laurel
Is he any good? What’s his story?
How did the top 3 look yesterday??
I heard Stacy was getting the starting Reps
Yeah. I'm hearing the same thing.

Smith didn't transfer.

1. Stacy
2. Crisp
3. Johnson
Well they are screwed. When your team has to start a player that hates playing QB then you know you’re in deep crap. I can hear the Breathitt faithfuls now around November saying if we only had a QB then we would have gotten another ring hah
I know everyone goes on about QB but they’re fine. I heard Stacy and Johnson has looked really good throwing the ball. Crisp is more of a runner. This is Most depth they have had at that position. All 3 can play .
No difference in having 6 QB that can play but a mediocre QB is only going to take you so far. Them three prob couldn’t start on the JV team of a state championship contender
(07-19-2023, 02:29 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Well they are screwed. When your team has to start a player that hates playing QB then you know you’re in deep crap. I can hear the Breathitt faithfuls now around November saying if we only had a QB then we would have gotten another ring hah

It just depends on how well they can execute at all the other positions. Belfry has piled up a lot of titles with very little threat of a QB chucking it up the field. Its fun to watch them throw the ball all over the field, but there is more than one way to win. The only thing is they will need to be much improved on defense if they are going to roll with 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offense.
(07-20-2023, 12:36 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]No difference in having 6 QB that can play but a mediocre QB is only going to take you so far. Them three prob couldn’t start on the JV team of a state championship contender
Have you seen any of them play quarterback before?
(07-20-2023, 08:36 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2023, 12:36 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]No difference in having 6 QB that can play but a mediocre QB is only going to take you so far. Them three prob couldn’t start on the JV team of a state championship contender
Yes I have. I’ve watched the Johnson boy prob 10 times and he hasn’t impressed me at all. Let’s be honest, he’s not an athlete and definitely not a QB. I’ve seen Stacy play some and he barely gets his laces tied and he doesn’t care if the sun shines. He’s not a QB either. I’ve honestly never seen crisp play but if he’s behind Stacy and Johnson in rotation then I really don’t need to watch him play. Breathitt lost the best possible QB when they let Kincaid transfer to hazard. Breathitt should have at least gave the Kincaid kid a shot but grandpa and politics came into play with that situation.
(07-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2023, 08:36 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes I have. I’ve watched the Johnson boy prob 10 times and he hasn’t impressed me at all. Let’s be honest, he’s not an athlete and definitely not a QB. I’ve seen Stacy play some and he barely gets his laces tied and he doesn’t care if the sun shines. He’s not a QB either. I’ve honestly never seen crisp play but if he’s behind Stacy and Johnson in rotation then I really don’t need to watch him play. Breathitt lost the best possible QB when they let Kincaid transfer to hazard. Breathitt should have at least gave the Kincaid kid a shot but grandpa and politics came into play with that situation.
Fair enough. I have not watched them play. Was more or less wondering if you were just going off of assumptions or if you had watched them play.
(07-20-2023, 08:24 AM)KySportsfan74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2023, 02:29 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Well they are screwed. When your team has to start a player that hates playing QB then you know you’re in deep crap. I can hear the Breathitt faithfuls now around November saying if we only had a QB then we would have gotten another ring hah

It just depends on how well they can execute at all the other positions. Belfry has piled up a lot of titles with very little threat of a QB chucking it up the field. Its fun to watch them throw the ball all over the field, but there is more than one way to win. The only thing is they will need to be much improved on defense if they are going to roll with 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offense.
Breathitt not belfry and Kyle’s not Haywood. Not saying they can’t execute the ground and pound but that takes a totally different mentally than what breathitt has had the past few years. I’d like to see crisp run the pistol offense. Someone on this site said crisp is a runner. Maybe crisp in the pistol offense would be ok. Something like Florida run a few years ago with Tebow.
Time will tell but pretty confident Breathitt will be just fine this year. They have a really good line with alot athleticism. QB needs be game manger early on and wait see has season goes on there passing game will be alot better. Also far as I heard no ran Hazard kid off. He wanted go play baseball for Hazard. I’m sure he was still at Breathitt got fair shot. Kyle gives everyone a fair shot.
(07-20-2023, 11:38 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2023, 08:24 AM)KySportsfan74 Wrote: [ -> ]

Breathitt not belfry and Kyle’s not Haywood. Not saying they can’t execute the ground and pound but that takes a totally different mentally than what breathitt has had the past few years. I’d like to see crisp run the pistol offense. Someone on this site said crisp is a runner. Maybe crisp in the pistol offense would be ok. Something like Florida run a few years ago with Tebow.
I don’t know why everyone is so butt hurt about Breathitt not having a elite qb. I’ve seen Crisp play the kid is one of the most unselfish players I’ve seen. I think if he wins the job they’ll be just fine. Many great teams win with a game manager running the offense you don’t have to be Elite to not turn the ball over and run the offense to win games. This team is stacked on Offense and Defense. It’s going to make the job a whole lot easier for whoever wins the job having a 6’4 playmaker to throw the ball to as well.
I agree with Road Dog, it would be nice to have an elite QB, but Breathitt needs some one to manage the game and not turn the ball over. The strength of the offense will be the running game, so lean on it early and often, and develop a passing game as the season progresses. Everyone had doubts about the Bryant kid last year, and he turned out fine. Does anyone know if Sperry is playing this year?
(07-21-2023, 07:47 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Road Dog, it would be nice to have an elite QB, but Breathitt needs some one to manage the game and not turn the ball over. The strength of the offense will be the running game, so lean on it early and often, and develop a passing game as the season progresses. Everyone had doubts about the Bryant kid last year, and he turned out fine. Does anyone know if Sperry is playing this year?

I’ve watched the Johnson kid play all through lumberjack and middle school. I wouldn’t be surprised if hasn’t thrown more picks than completions. All his game experience has been with a run dominant offense. He was never successful when throwing the ball while playing against good competition. No way they can effectively run the option with him either. If he’s QB they will probably only be as good as their run game which will not be enough to compete with top 2A teams. Stacy probably is their only hope. He led the team his sophomore year in TD receptions and has speed. He probably also has the most experience in a passing offense and no doubt the most mature player at that position.
(07-21-2023, 12:06 AM)Statebound19 Wrote: [ -> ]Time will tell but pretty confident Breathitt will be just fine this year. They have a really good line with alot athleticism. QB needs be game manger early on  and wait see has season goes on there passing game will be alot better. Also far as I heard no ran Hazard kid off. He wanted go play baseball for Hazard. I’m sure he was still at Breathitt got fair shot. Kyle gives everyone a fair shot.

Crisp does seem like a good kid.  Very humble.   Decent size/strength.   Just don't think he's hardly ready for varsity yet.    Heard a coach say he's a little too "robotic".     Maybe next season.     

Stacy is probably quicker, but also smaller.  I think they are more worried about his attitude than his ability.  

I don't think Johnson will get any time.

Heard the Hollon kid will be the future (starter within the next couple seasons)
(07-21-2023, 01:38 PM)catsrule Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2023, 12:06 AM)Statebound19 Wrote: [ -> ]Time will tell but pretty confident Breathitt will be just fine this year. They have a really good line with alot athleticism. QB needs be game manger early on  and wait see has season goes on there passing game will be alot better. Also far as I heard no ran Hazard kid off. He wanted go play baseball for Hazard. I’m sure he was still at Breathitt got fair shot. Kyle gives everyone a fair shot.

Crisp does seem like a good kid.  Very humble.   Decent size/strength.   Just don't think he's hardly ready for varsity yet.    Heard a coach say he's a little too "robotic".     Maybe next season.     

Stacy is probably quicker, but also smaller.  I think they are more worried about his attitude than his ability.  

Heard the Hollon kid will be the future (starter within the next couple seasons)
This is a pretty good assessment. Hollan kid has some talent and is definitely the future. However I hope he hits a growth spurt. His parents aren’t big people.
(07-21-2023, 10:30 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2023, 01:38 PM)catsrule Wrote: [ -> ]

This is a pretty good assessment. Hollan kid has some talent and is definitely the future. However I hope he hits a growth spurt. His parents aren’t big people.

That cracks me up because thats a true statement if I every heard one, some people are big people and some people are little people.  Smile
As Catdaddy said sure it would be nice to have an elite QB coming into the season but this team will be less reliant on the pass than Breathitt has been in a long time. Sure Kyle is going to throw it some it's in his DNA but to me where this team is most dangerous is lined up in wishbone with Tolson at FB with Gibson and Combs. They have a big OL to run behind. I could easily see Combs and Gibson with 1200 yards each on the ground. Then you still got Sperry on the outside who can win jump balls and make big plays.

I think Breathitt will be fine. They have a much better schedule than in recent years which will help come November.
Breathitt gonna be just fine. Everybody said the same stuff about Bryant last year and he was the best QB in the district. Y’all just like to hate. Parkway is mad his boy ain’t good enough to be a cat. There’s plenty spots at plenty other schools. Breathitt football played for 3 regional championships in 4 years and most people still consider what Kyle has done to be short. At 80% of schools playing for a regional championship year in and year out would solidify their job as long as they wanted it. Just goes to show the unrealistic standards some of you guys have
If I was the coach….Crisp kid would be my starting Qb………Just saying
Breathitt got Pikeville next Friday. I interested see how ole bobcats match up!!! I’m really excited see how defense plays and how well run ball on good pikeville defense.
Pages: 1 2